Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
ZL1 in dealer service for a long time - Stabilitrak Issues

Not having been through this before I was wondering if anyone has advice.

My 2015 ZL1 (5K mi) has been at the dealers for over a month now. They cannot fix an intermittent Stabilitrac problem. They say they have been in touch with Chevy engineering and keep replacing different parts. The are working on it. The last time I was there the car was on a lift with supports under the transmission.

So what if they can't fix it? What happens? The frustrating part is every time i call them I HAVE to speak with my "Rep". They don't ever bother calling me. I have not kicked up a fuss, not sure if that would help.

This is Penske Turnersville Chevrolet. I suppose I need a new dealer. I wonder if it makes sense to pull my car and try another dealer. Or if any dealers in South Jersey are good with ZL1s.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-30-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Sorry to hear about your Z... I would contact Chevy Customer Service myself and tell them the problem and see if it gets their attention. You have been very patient it seems to me but that can only last so long. I see a guy on here I believe is VTSummit or something like that who is a dealer service adviser maybe try PMing him for advice? I also see Chevy reps around here sometimes too.

Last edited by qcman; 12-29-2015 at 12:36 PM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Get the GM Regional Rep involved. May be time for a lemon law buyback?
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #4
Fraxum

Yes, I think I need to escalate, good idea. So I went here:

http://www.gm.com/toolbar/contactUs.html

And started a chat session with Colleen. She was helpful and called the dealer. She could not get anyone there to talk to her either. LOL. But she did say she will help and get back to me. I hope so. We just had some very warm NJ December days. It would have been fun to take a ride.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Good job! Yeah I would wonder about a dealer if they didn't want to discuss it. It might be time to get that awesome car the hell out of there. Maybe call another dealer and tell them the story and see if they would help you out?
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
GM customer care will likely disappoint you as well. This has been my experience in the past.

A better option would be to check with your state's attorney general and see what the law has to say about your situation.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
GM customer care will likely disappoint you as well. This has been my experience in the past.

A better option would be to check with your state's attorney general and see what the law has to say about your situation.
Yes, me too.

So as you said the rep said they do not have a resolution and I was given no other information. Strike 2 GM. Sigh.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-30-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #8
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Wow i didn't know you had a ZL1 too. Hopefully you get it fixed. Good luck
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Wow i didn't know you had a ZL1 too. Hopefully you get it fixed. Good luck
Thanks. Working on a resolution, but getting the run around. The 1LE is gone. Another sigh.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #10
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
I would take it to Bennett Chevy in egg harbor twp. Send me pm and I set you up. Only place I would take my car and the fact is I only trust this dealership with any of my three Chevy vehicles. Good luck
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #11
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Did you buy this car from the dealer that is working on it now? If so I would tell them you have been more than patience with them but we are at a place now where you need to replace the Z and you want them [dealer] to provide you with another one. DO NOT settle for less! If you wait to long they will not be able to find you one so go tell them!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #12
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
I would take it to Bennett Chevy in egg harbor twp. Send me pm and I set you up. Only place I would take my car and the fact is I only trust this dealership with any of my three Chevy vehicles. Good luck
I would go there, but it is too far for me. I am hoping once this is resolved I will not need the dealer again for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Did you buy this car from the dealer that is working on it now? If so I would tell them you have been more than patience with them but we are at a place now where you need to replace the Z and you want them [dealer] to provide you with another one. DO NOT settle for less! If you wait to long they will not be able to find you one so go tell them!
No I did not buy this car from the dealer that has it now. But I have bought a Suburban from them before.

It has been 31 days at the dealer today. It would be great if they fixed the car. I will not wait another 31 days before taking action.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #13
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Has your dealer changed the battery?

Most stabilitrac error message are the result of dips in battery voltage. Now maybe your dealer is smarter than that, and has already tested the battery, but I wouldn't count on it.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #14
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Has your dealer changed the battery?

Most stabilitrac error message are the result of dips in battery voltage. Now maybe your dealer is smarter than that, and has already tested the battery, but I wouldn't count on it.
Hmm, I don't know. The dealer will not be specific on what they are doing. The say GM engineering is working with them. I did see the ZL1 on a lift with the transmission being supported. 35 days and counting.