Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Very cool. You can skip SEMA as you already have the best of the best on your Camaro!
True! I need to let the checkbook heal anyway before i order the rims and tires. Sure do need to order some bulletproof driveline parts, though!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #30
YouEnvyMySS

Drives: 85½ Porsche 944; 2002 Ford Exp
So reading all this, with barely 3000 miles on my 2ss/rs and not into racing at all, what's in all this for me and others like me? Not sure I "get" it...

Disclaimer - have not yet read the reference doc (reading all this on my iPhone!), but trying to understand... My ride seems just fine stock on the 21" optional wheels...

Tks for helping us novices!

YouEnvyMySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #31
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Which kit are you guys recommending for a very strong street set up on a car that will only see a road course maybe a 3-4 times a year (85%street/15% track). Yet could easily be upgraded if the car will see more track time.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
Appreciate the time and dedication on this write up and testing. very informative. well done.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Great write up...I spent some time 'studying' it this evening.

And your Pedders Camaro is looking very sharp...you guys made my wheel decision for me. For the last 3-4 weeks everyones telling me I'm nuts wanting to go down to a 19", suggesting the tires are more expensive with less selection, etc, etc, etc.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #34
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
Which kit are you guys recommending for a very strong street set up on a car that will only see a road course maybe a 3-4 times a year (85%street/15% track). Yet could easily be upgraded if the car will see more track time.
to properly advise you, I need info on hp, tire sizes and budgets, and driving abilities. Anyone doing suspension and advising you and do not ask these questions of you has not done their own homework. But 15 % track time is a lot! If the budget allows, our Serious Track XA extreme kit will bring smiles to you. Add the support on alignment, setup, and such that we can give you, you will eat S06 vettes.

There is another kit that will be popping up in our merlin store. It is our Xa eXtreme StreetII Plus. I think this is a killer kit. price has not been established yet. But includes Xas, Solution B sway bar kits, Street 1 bushings, and complete alignment bolt kit. This system will rock. The Track Xa kits will not only rock, they will fricken scream!!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #35
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Who would you recommend as your favorite North Florida area store?
Ive been planning on Pedderizing my car ever since ive become acquainted with this site. i am just curious on who you recommend i go to considering i spend 75% of my time in Florida and the other 25% in Tennessee
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouEnvyMySS View Post
So reading all this, with barely 3000 miles on my 2ss/rs and not into racing at all, what's in all this for me and others like me? Not sure I "get" it...

Disclaimer - have not yet read the reference doc (reading all this on my iPhone!), but trying to understand... My ride seems just fine stock on the 21" optional wheels...

Tks for helping us novices!
The Camaro out of the box is a very good vehicle. For some who see the 5th Gen as a possible super car ther is much more that can be pulled out of a ZETA II chassis. With your optional 21" wheels my first mod would be radius rod bush inserts to reduce the kick back in the steering wheel over sharp bumps. TYou have your choice of two inserts that with minimal effort and funding will make a significant difference.

Next up would be the sub-frame bush inserts to tame the rear end step out experienced under acceleration through turns over bumps. This is caused by movement in the NVH voided OEM sub-frame bushes. A set of EP1200 inserts will make a huge difference.

With just these two foundational bushes installed you will find your Camaro to be far more solid than it already is. It will be more sure footed. you will find yourself more confident behind the wheel everyu time you drive. Be careful with these mods. They are like crack cocaine -- highly addictive. You start out with one small change to a foundational bush and find you have installed a Xa Track eXtreme a few months later.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #37
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
Who would you recommend as your favorite North Florida area store?
Ive been planning on Pedderizing my car ever since ive become acquainted with this site. i am just curious on who you recommend i go to considering i spend 75% of my time in Florida and the other 25% in Tennessee
Bob at Precision Pedders of Florida. You can find Bob on our website at this link http://www.peddersusa.com/dealer-finder/40/dealer22
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #38
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Really good read!
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yes we will have an OEM Camaro SS. If you are in the South Haven Michigan area and have a

C6 Bone Stock Vette
C6 ZO6 Bone Stock Vette
Stick 2 SS Bone Stock Camaro

and are interested in observing our runs in exchange for the brief use of your car, please email me at PGB@PeddersUSA.com Our test date is this Saturday the 10th. Not only will we be testing cars, we will be doing a photo shoot with gorgeous model for Hot Rod.

Here is what we will do with your car.

Our professional driver Chris Brannon will take your car out on the track. After two or three warm up lap he will run two or three hot laps. They will be run hard, but not beat. Professionals are very smooth and don't beat on hardware -- unless we are doing durability testing or some one drops a green flag. After a few cool down laps Chris will take you out and show you how your car handles in the hands of a professional.

So your compensation is

1. An on track run with Chris Brannon
2. Free lunch with a bunch of car guys
3. Photo with a gorgeous model and your car
That would be a sweet deal for anyone wanting to:

1. Get a driving lesson from a professional driver
2. Get fat and make good friends

Keep us posted... Thanks guys.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #40
JusticePete

The models are worth the price of admission....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #41
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I wouldn't consider myself a model, but thanks....

ps, i'm still waiting for my plane ticket for the modeling job you talked about.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #42
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I wouldn't consider myself a model, but thanks....

ps, i'm still waiting for my plane ticket for the modeling job you talked about.
:sm2: