Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Thought on this used 2lt im considering seriusly

So I just wanted some expert camaro advice on this 2013 2LT that i am seriously considering. Here some info

2013 2LT RS
Asking $17,995
39,170 Miles
Its Blue Ray Metallic With the brown leather interior
It is a manual (never owned one and I don't know how to drive it but I really want to own a manual i think)
It has the MyLink

From the pictures the car look super clean. And to me the price seems really good.

I dont know what kind of shape the tires, brakes, and other mechanical stuff is in because I havent seen the car in person.
Another issue is test driving the car because I dont really know how to drive manual.

Carfax is clean - 1 Owner with nothing reported.

So basically, does this seem like a good deal and what do you guys think of this.

Also, it goes without saying that I would rather the SS. But I cant afford the insurance, premium gas, and more expensive car in general. The 09 Malibu that I'm driving around now has 200,000 miles and it and is dying slowly. I do not wanna sink any more money into it.

I am a recent college grad with not a lot of money who needs a decent car that wont break the bank. And I have always wanted a camaro.

Last edited by Matt8892; 09-06-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
It won't be hard to drive once you get use to the engaging point. Do you perhaps have a friend who does own a manual who could let you practice before going to test drive? I honestly love driving manual as I feel way more involved and makes me appreciate my car more. I've went to auto before and I won't go back again I just get bored but that's just me. I would use KBB and True Value to see what people in your area have paid for used 13 2LT's. Honestly you will have to drive it and worse case just let the sales person know you haven't driven manual before and they might give you a crash course real quick. I've heard of this from many of my friends and when I first bought my Honda Civic I had to learn also during my test drive but once I figured out the engage point I was good to go. Now for hills I was terrified at first haha but I believe these cars have hill assist now these days which holds you from rolling back.
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Brown interior?? As in a Dusk edition? Special wheels and trim with RS included. Nice looking option actually.

Sharp looking package if it's the Dusk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:24 PM   #4
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrop01 View Post
It won't be hard to drive once you get use to the engaging point. Do you perhaps have a friend who does own a manual who could let you practice before going to test drive? I honestly love driving manual as I feel way more involved and makes me appreciate my car more. I've went to auto before and I won't go back again I just get bored but that's just me. I would use KBB and True Value to see what people in your area have paid for used 13 2LT's. Honestly you will have to drive it and worse case just let the sales person know you haven't driven manual before and they might give you a crash course real quick. I've heard of this from many of my friends and when I first bought my Honda Civic I had to learn also during my test drive but once I figured out the engage point I was good to go. Now for hills I was terrified at first haha but I believe these cars have hill assist now these days which holds you from rolling back.

Unfortunately no friends who own manuals that I can try. And based on what other camaros are selling for in this area, this camaro is a very very good price.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Brown interior?? As in a Dusk edition? Special wheels and trim with RS included. Nice looking option actually.

Sharp looking package if it's the Dusk.
Thats the thing.....Its the same color interior as the Dusk Edition. And its the blue ray metallic (not sure if this is the same color the Dusk edition comes in). But it also does not have the Dusk Edition rims....its just got the standard 2013 RS rims.

Did chevy only ever offer the brown leather with the dusk edition. Because this is the same brown that comes with the Dusk Edition.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #6
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
If it's Beige, I think that's a normal option. I have the blue ones myself. IIRC, black, beige, and grey are the standard options.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #7
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
Get the V8
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:50 AM   #8
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
For not much more you could get a new (or newer) Camaro. It might not have the same bells and whistles but it also wouldn't have the mileage.

For me, mileage is the #1 consideration, which is why I bought new. You don't know how this car was driven or cared for. Being a manual, you don't know how much life is left in the clutch or what else it's going to need.

I would rather put more money into something newer than have to put money into repairs later on. Just a thought.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #9
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Car sounds really nice, go with what you can afford at this time don't over extend yourself, you will have plenty of time to get the car you really want someday. Don't worry about the manual we all had to learn and it was a first for us all.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:05 AM   #10
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Do you have any friends that are mechanics? Anyone you can have look at it "under the hood?"

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #11
Matt8892

Plot twist.

I found a 2013 2SS with 23,000 miles on it. Its Crystal Red Tint Coat. Black leather interior with the mylink. Its automatic (wish it was manual but not a deal breaker)

Heres the thing though....guys asking $9,000. Claims its never been in an accident and hes lowered the price because he needs to sell it asap because he is being deployed to Afghanistan. He did however reply to my email in a timly fashion and showed me a bunch of pictures.

sooo.....i want to go look at this car obviously and possibly spend the money for a carfax on it. Kind of seems like a deal thats to good to be true and sounds a little fishy. Anyway I will link the pictures he sent me, car seems clean (aside from the whole damn interior being slathered in armoral...yuck)

http://imgur.com/a/nixDb
Old 09-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #12
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Do you have any friends that are mechanics? Anyone you can have look at it "under the hood?"
I know a mechanic really well who always does the work on all my familys cars. So I will offer to pay him to come check out any car im looking at. Bother the SS and V6 I'm looking at are around 40 minutes away though.

Side note, what would be considered fair to pay him for his time, especially considering the distance to get to the cars. Not sure what the proper etiquette is for something like this.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #13
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
For not much more you could get a new (or newer) Camaro. It might not have the same bells and whistles but it also wouldn't have the mileage.

For me, mileage is the #1 consideration, which is why I bought new. You don't know how this car was driven or cared for. Being a manual, you don't know how much life is left in the clutch or what else it's going to need.

I would rather put more money into something newer than have to put money into repairs later on. Just a thought.
The car being beaten on is something Ive considered (whether it be condition of clutch, brakes, or tires). But whatever I get i want at least the 2. whether its a 2LT or 2SS. Ive always had a car with leather and having the leather is really the biggest thing for me on an interior.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #14
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
Plot twist.

I found a 2013 2SS with 23,000 miles on it. Its Crystal Red Tint Coat. Black leather interior with the mylink. Its automatic (wish it was manual but not a deal breaker)

Heres the thing though....guys asking $9,000. Claims its never been in an accident and hes lowered the price because he needs to sell it asap because he is being deployed to Afghanistan. He did however reply to my email in a timly fashion and showed me a bunch of pictures.

sooo.....i want to go look at this car obviously and possibly spend the money for a carfax on it. Kind of seems like a deal thats to good to be true and sounds a little fishy. Anyway I will link the pictures he sent me, car seems clean (aside from the whole damn interior being slathered in armoral...yuck)

http://imgur.com/a/nixDb
Beware of the $9000.00 2013 SS, something smells fishy! If it's true that all he wants is a fast sale due to deployment, he could have easily taken thus to any dealer and got $15,000 cash immediately.
Kens ss is offline   Reply With Quote