Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #15
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I've not been brighted here.

I'd expect it if you installed HID's into the factory halogen housings. I see those and hate them.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #16
2010BumbleBee

Drives: 2010 2SS RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGthat2SS View Post
i have been flahsed a good bit of times. ive never known why..now i do!
but im not sure because ive seen the line of where my lights stop shining and its no where near eye level
+1

it hasn't happened to me yet and i don't see how where the beam
shines rather low. high beams do light up the sky though

what's the wattage on the RS HID kit ? it doesn't seem very powerful
compared to what i've seen driving around.
2010BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #17
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
It's only happened to me a couple of times. A lot of cars are starting to offer these, so I think most people are getting used to them. There's still a few who just like to flash their brights at you!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #18
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
just once to me...it's no biggie when you just flash 'em back.
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #19
KDInTheWind63

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM, LS3 - 2SS SIM, L99
Send a message via Yahoo to KDInTheWind63
I have never been flashed but the color difference of the lights may be bothering the other drivers.
KDInTheWind63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
Not yet but it will happen. check the height on them, maybe to high on low-beam. the owners manual goes over the adjustments. Good luck.
Don't quote me on it but I think I've read somewhere these headlights are self leveling ...

I also have had cars flash their brights at me ...
Old 09-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
If it is happening that frequently maybe you should check the alignment of your lights. It isnt all that uncommon for things to be installed a bit wrong and aim too high.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
proper alignment is key - especially with HIDs
try this - http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

i've had HIDs in the truck since this spring & i've never been flashed once because i keep them low enough.
however, if i do get flashed, i'm ready for them!

i just need some cooler-colored bulbs for the highs/fogs so they match the HIDs
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Maybe its a variation of the Urban Legend of the infamous gang initiation game. lol....

(for the record, I don't know how Gangs can exist, and initiation killings are confirmed to exist, but this one is always dismissed as an "Urbran Legend". Seems like they've killed for less)
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
VictoryMuscleCars

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS RS Convert
Yep, it has happened to me too.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #25
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflCopter726 View Post
I love when people bright light me when mine arent even on, because then I just throw mine on until they pass and hope they feel stupid.
Seriously!??? Why not just a quick flash-back to let them know your high beams aren't on? How would you feel if your Wife, Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Grandchild, or Good Friend just happened to be walking or bike riding on the side of the road when some Azhat decides he want to blind an oncoming driver by intentionally leaving his high beams on and that car hits and kills one of them because he couldn't see them? All because you wanted someone to feel stupid???

All they thought they were doing is giving you a reminder that your brights were on. How are they supposed to know that they aren't? If your lights are indeed too bright for oncoming traffic, then it is most likely that your light levels need adjusting.

Think about it!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #26
JFR1

Drives: 2011 1LS. Garaged:Stock 69 Z28
Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Seriously!??? Why not just a quick flash-back to let them know your high beams aren't on? How would you feel if your Wife, Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Grandchild, or Good Friend just happened to be walking or bike riding on the side of the road when some Azhat decides he want to blind an oncoming driver by intentionally leaving his high beams on and that car hits and kills one of them because he couldn't see them? All because you wanted someone to feel stupid???

All they thought they were doing is giving you a reminder that your brights were on. How are they supposed to know that they aren't? If your lights are indeed too bright for oncoming traffic, then it is most likely that your light levels need adjusting.

Think about it!
Well said.......Dad
JFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #27
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Only once so far and half my commute is in the dark now (20 miles) but then again I live in the land where every idiot with a truck (myself included) has installed pie-plate sized fog lights and use them despite the lack of fog.
Having said that, I am ready for them to flash me so I can light their sorry world up. I have had people that I pass turn their brights on me once I'm in front of them but once I do turn on my brights they shut theirs off.
I LOVE the fact I can see at night and I LOVE those self-adjusting rear view mirrors!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
It could be - they are flashing because after passing any number of cars yours is the only one that blinds them. Maybe they are simply trying to see the road. Hids are a danger to other drivers always has been my opinion. Flame on...