Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Maybe the only category where black would be the preferred color, no visible mismatch on mine

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Mine's definitely off. So much so that I noticed it within seconds upon delivery. But really I don't care, you can't tell unless you're looking at both panels at the same time. My front and rear bumper appear more "yellowed" than the rest of my car. I think it really has to do with the material under the paint (plastic bumpers and metal body). My dealer had to repaint a ding that the shipper put into my door and they didn't repaint the whole door, but they did put clear coat on the whole door, and I can't tell where the repair starts, the paint matches perfectly. Unfortunately I wouldn't give Chevy an A for paint quality. I also have a large grain of something under my paint in the "gill area" I don't care that much, but I noticed it upon my first wash, I don't know why the guy who checks the paint for imperfections didn't. I love my car though besides the paint and the defects the shipper put in the car, I've had absolutely no problems! But Chevy got dinged by me in my JD Power initial quality survey because of the paint.

I'm not trying to be nit-picky either, I just am posting this because I know people @ the plant and higher-ups read this. And they care. The more people that say something, the higher priority a fix becomes! I love my car!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
My SW is off a tad but it's really no big deal. Btw- once u install the clear bra, it would be slightly different even if it had been perfect prior to clear bra. I have CB on front facia, so the texture & color are ever so slightly changed. You have to really look at it to detect the delta. No biggie, at all.

If the fuel cap bothers u, get a chime or brushed alum cap.

I use zaino enhancer on the body and plexus on the bumpers and she shines like she's wet. I don't care bout no stinkin microscopic color variations.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've never noticed matching problems on my Cyber Grey Camaro. I'll be honest, so far my car is as close to perfect as any vehicle I have ever owned. I give Chevy an A+ on my car.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
the $120,000 Corvette ZR1 has mismatching white paint as well. I didn't believe it until I saw it in person under neon showroom lights.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
The easiest color to have a perfect match w/ is black. Sadly, that's the ONLY upside of black other than that it looks good.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #21
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
There is a difference. I had an accident and got my rear bumper painted with the OEM color and I still had the exact same diff. So I dont think its the paint process. Its the paint itself. As someone had mentioned the base coat is a different color.
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #22
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
I cannot see any differences in mine. All my panels match.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
no issues here at all that i have ever noticed. and no one else who has seen my car has noticed anything, and there has been plenty of standing there staring at it from every angle.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #24
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I notice a slight difference on my ABM front fascia when I am up close but not from a distance (and I don't mean 300 yards). My rear fascia and gas door look pretty good. Build date 8/24/10 and no paint chip problems either.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #25
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
My white gt500 was the same way. The rear bumper didn't match.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSACCO View Post
My SW is horribly off and I havnt seen a SW that is "perfect".
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #27
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Mine is actually pretty good.

Mismatched bumper covers, fuel doors, etc are a common issue with just about every automaker.

it's because the parts are painted in different facilities using different equipment. Metallic colors are going to have the worst match depending on the size of flake used and how it falls and dries in different environments.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Yeah, my SW is off too. I asked about it on here before taking to my dealer to be fixed.
The short story I was told by my dealer: The flex agent that GM uses on the flexible parts of the car (front and rear fascias, side skirts, fuel door, etc.) dries with a slightly yellow hue. They tried repainting my car 3 separate times (with a duepont professional coming in to color match and try his hand at) and it yielded close, but not perfect results. I have even found the aftermarket companies that pre-paint the summit white also have the slightly yellow tint.
Only solution that I know of is to paint the whole car.