Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #15
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I believe George has it hooked up the way most do, Hesster has it hooked up the easier way and the way i would like to do it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #16
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
Cool Video, I assume that is your clutch.
It def should not operate like that!
Like I said - mine is smooth throughout the full range of travel.
Your issue may be the way you have installed the RAM adjuster
Given that, try installing it like mine - totally independent of the Brake Fluid Master Cylinder Reservoir.

To reiterate -
"remove the Clutch Line from the Brake Master Cylinder, and cap it off with a short EPDM hose and a plug, or a cap. Then plumb the New Remote Clutch Reservoir (from a GTO I think?) to the Ram Adjuster, and the stainless line from the Ram Adjuster to the existing Clutch fluid line. Then Bleed it"

You're kidding me..?

So the whole time I'm driving it and getting used to it, I'm just misconect only...?

And just because I have the adjuster not in front, but behind the clutch master cylinder in the hydraulic connection...?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:12 PM   #17
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
Hi all I've been thinking of getting a Ram adjuster, and as I read there instructions it says to install between master cyl and slave cyl . Is this correct? I'm seeing two different ways in here.
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 06:46 AM   #18
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkeen View Post
Hi all I've been thinking of getting a Ram adjuster, and as I read there instructions it says to install between master cyl and slave cyl . Is this correct? I'm seeing two different ways in here.

I want to try Hesster's method.
So, if you are not in a hurry with the assembly, then I will give you the result of both methods and which I think is better.
But I have to get Teflon hoses

And I will have to go to the junkyard for some brass material to made the fittings.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:28 AM   #19
Pkeen

Cool, look forward to results !
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #20
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I am curious to George if there is a difference for you.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #21
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Hey all - obviousle there various ways to install it. And with or without a secondary independent small Reservoir for the Clutch only (GTO example).
Here is a earlier thread I used as a reference when I installed mine.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411141
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:53 AM   #22
Pkeen

Guys call me crazy if you want but after watching the install video and seeing how this operates , I only see one way for this to be installed,and that's between the master cyl and the slave cyl.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:29 AM   #23
George-CZ

Quote:
Guys call me crazy if you want but after watching the install video and seeing how this operates , I only see one way for this to be installed,and that's between the master cyl and the slave cyl.

Between the master cyl. and the slave cyl. i installed it too.
But as I showed in the video...
A void was created in the initial clutch step.

Anyway, I put together the necessary things today, so I'll try to connect it in the next few days.
And if it will be as Hesster writes, then his way is the only correct one.

Name:  20220831_171526_HDR.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  153.8 KB

Old 09-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #24
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Can you confirm that you have one side of the Ram adjuster connected to the remote clutch reservoir, and is the other side connected to the clutch master cylinder OR clutch slave? Can’t really tell by the pic and markings. Thanks
Hesster have conected this way..

Name:  SC.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 09-01-2022, 09:31 AM   #25
Pkeen

Hesster's set up from his text, says it runs from the fluid reservoir to the inlet of master cyl. ,which won't do anything because that's the fluid feed side,gravity fed.
And if it was run to the outlet side of master cyl you would blow the fluid reservoir apart as soon as you stepped on the clutch pedal.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:18 AM   #26
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Hesster's set up from his text, says it runs from the fluid reservoir to the inlet of master cyl. ,which won't do anything because that's the fluid feed side,gravity fed.
And if it was run to the outlet side of master cyl you would blow the fluid reservoir apart as soon as you stepped on the clutch pedal.
Agree, that’s exactly what I thought. That’s why I asked him to clarify if he has one side connected to the clutch master or slave, as his txt says “existing clutch fluid line” but is that the master line inlet or outlet to slave line? and in his pic he has one line labeled “Original Clutch Line to Trans” which would be the line to the slave, but you can’t tell from his pic where that line is getting its feed from?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:50 AM   #27
Pkeen

Yea in his drawing it's circled to Trans which would leave the master cyl completely out of the equation.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #28
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Yea in his drawing it's circled to Trans which would leave the master cyl completely out of the equation.
After taking another look at his pic it appears he’s got one side of the ram adjuster connected to the remote res and the other side attached (via a Rube Goldberg connection) to the slave (ie “the original clutch line to trans” so the Ram adjuster isn’t doing a dam thing.

Wonder where the master cylinder intake is getting its fluid from ? Wouldn’t be surprised to find out it’s coming from some splice in the Rube Goldberg connection. He probably didn’t realize that to install the Ram adjuster in a 5th gen you need the separate adapter feed line kit.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ram-78350

Last edited by camguynj; 09-02-2022 at 06:24 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote