Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Braum elite series seats

I’m looking into getting a set of braum seats due too I slide in my seats and wanted something that would make it more snug. Plus the extra weight loss and will do a rear seat delete too while I’m at it. But have a few questions

-Can you use factory seat belt and buckle ? I’ll probably get the harness bar but just wondering (plus the bar is a extra 10lbs for the bar)
-Do the seats fronts tilt up or can you make them tilt? I like the feeling of my front all the way up on my cars
- is there a way to kill the airbag light and the Passenger light? If you can’t will it still pass inspection? I heard the airbag light comes on then goes off so that wouldn’t bother me much.
- Anyone know how much the brackets weigh? There is no weight on their site.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
• You can use the factory seat belt and buckle if you’d like, just swap over the belt receiver ends from the factory seats to the braum brackets when you do the install. I just deleted mine entirely and got a 5-pt setup, which since you mentioned being concerned about added weight could help be another reduction or maybe help you break even. I originally purchased braums harness bar too but it snapped at one of the juncture weld points in my bare hands while I was installing it so I opted to go for a custom fabbed setup instead since if it was capable of breaking in my hands I questioned the structural integrity of it to guarantee saving my life if god forbid I ever wrecked. Other companies like RPM Rollbar, Brey-Krause, and Cipher Auto also have harness bar options available too for your consideration.. idk the level of driving you intend to do since if you drag or track I wouldn’t skimp on cheaper options for this area of safety.

• Only the seat backs themselves can be leaned and adjusted forward/back and the entire seat itself can slide forward/backwards on the brackets but height or tilt of the bottom cushion where you actually sit is fixed position on their universal sport seats. I’ve seen people add spacers along the brackets during installation to gain a more desirable ride height and make it less challenging seeing over the dash.

• There is a way to disengage the airbag light (and belts if you delete them) reach out to @ssendit_daylee on Instagram he does airbag bypasses for this purpose, You just pay a small fee and have to send him your stock wiring harness. Was great working with him, he’s very helpful and knowledgeable. Unsure about the inspection part, I haven’t gone for renewal yet.

• Unsure on the weight of the brackets, they source them from another company called Planted Seat Bracket Technology SKU: SB137DR and SB137PA and unfortunately their site doesn’t seem to list weight either but you can maybe try shooting them an email inquiry. Be aware these brackets require a slight modification in order to install, unless they’ve changed it since I purchased a couple years ago. You can read more about this on my build thread post #20 where I specifically discuss my braum seat install and explain more in depth with some photos.

Hope this was helpful! Overall I do very much like my Braum seats, just being honest about my experience and giving you all this information so you can form your own opinion. GL!

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
• You can use the factory seat belt and buckle if you’d like, just swap over the belt receiver ends from the factory seats to the braum brackets when you do the install. I just deleted mine entirely and got a 5-pt setup, which since you mentioned being concerned about added weight could help be another reduction or maybe help you break even. I originally purchased braums harness bar too but it snapped at one of the juncture weld points in my bare hands while I was installing it so I opted to go for a custom fabbed setup instead since if it was capable of breaking in my hands I questioned the structural integrity of it to guarantee saving my life if god forbid I ever wrecked. Other companies like RPM Rollbar, Brey-Krause, and Cipher Auto also have harness bar options available too for your consideration.. idk the level of driving you intend to do since if you drag or track I wouldn’t skimp on cheaper options for this area of safety.

• Only the seat backs themselves can be leaned and adjusted forward/back and the entire seat itself can slide forward/backwards on the brackets but height or tilt of the bottom cushion where you actually sit is fixed position on their universal sport seats. I’ve seen people add spacers along the brackets during installation to gain a more desirable ride height and make it less challenging seeing over the dash.

• There is a way to disengage the airbag light (and belts if you delete them) reach out to @ssendit_daylee on Instagram he does airbag bypasses for this purpose, You just pay a small fee and have to send him your stock wiring harness. Was great working with him, he’s very helpful and knowledgeable. Unsure about the inspection part, I haven’t gone for renewal yet.

• Unsure on the weight of the brackets, they source them from another company called Planted Seat Bracket Technology SKU: SB137DR and SB137PA and unfortunately their site doesn’t seem to list weight either but you can maybe try shooting them an email inquiry. Be aware these brackets require a slight modification in order to install, unless they’ve changed it since I purchased a couple years ago. You can read more about this on my build thread post #20 where I specifically discuss my braum seat install and explain more in depth with some photos.

Hope this was helpful! Overall I do very much like my Braum seats, just being honest about my experience and giving you all this information so you can form your own opinion. GL!
Wow thank you for the very detailed feedback. I will be adding the harness bar down the road defiantly with harnesses and will check out those companies. Only reason I’m asking because it’s a extra $800+ for the harnesses and bar and the seats with brackets are $1300 so will get them separately. So atleast I know I can put them in and use the factory seat belts for a few months.
I will look into the harness guy and get that done since I hate dash lights on lol. It’s a street car/ weekend cruiser, I’m not going total weight reduction with it but would like to get it as light as possible and still look good on the inside.
I’m 6’4 so height clearance will be fine all the way down and will look into maybe adding some spacers to tilt the front up slightly if needed.

Looking at your thread now
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote