Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #15
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I might buy one as my DD when I get tired of my supercharged Challenger.. any day now really.
Two totally different cars. The fun you have in a MX-5 is a completely different type of fun than what you get from your Challenger. Both amazing, but I wouldn't substitute one for the other. (although, I figured you were joking.)

I read a really good review on the RF, and although I do really like that MX-5 is moving this direction with the pseudo-targa top, I have to agree with the author who said Mazda should have made it a Coupe or even a true Targa. Since this new RF really does nothing but add weight to the highest part of the car, with no added rigidity. A coupe or targa would at least add further structural rigidity, so along with added good looks you get some other added benefit.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #16
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
good looks works for me. Challenger is really being replaced by the Camaro, neither of which were DD. The Miata would be a DD for me and the hard top is what I want in a DD.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #17
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
good looks works for me. Challenger is really being replaced by the Camaro, neither of which were DD. The Miata would be a DD for me and the hard top is what I want in a DD.
Then you'd also love it if they made the MX-5 RF in a true coupe; maybe someday. A Camaro SS + MX-5 RF is a good pair. Maybe not the 'best' of both worlds, but you get more than just a taste!