Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
When we set out to develop our washer tank relocation kit we had no intentions of also developing a scoop. We just planned on using the only scoop that was available at the time. Pretty quickly we realized that the thin material and multi-piece riveted construction of that scoop was pretty flimsy and we did not want our product associated with that level of quality (or lack thereof).

With that we took a different approach. First, we selected a thicker gauge material and developed a design that could be cut as a single piece with the exception of one panel. Once it is cut out it is put on a press brake to bend it into shape and the seams are welded. Once that is done they are sent to powder coating and then they are boxed up and put on a shelf ready to be shipped. The ENTIRE process takes place right here in Louisville, Ky..

Does your scoop & washer bottle work with a halltech intake
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
Does your scoop & washer bottle work with a halltech intake
Yes. It will work with any intake system that has an air box with an open bottom (CAI Inc, Roto-Fab, Halltech, K&N, ADM, etc.)
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
Can you pm me price shipped to 79935
Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
Can you pm me price shipped to 79935
PM sent.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes. It will work with any intake system that has an air box with an open bottom (CAI Inc, Roto-Fab, Halltech, K&N, ADM, etc.)
I didnt see ARAID,will it work with mine?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
Just install my scoop and washer relocate from apex thumbs up
Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I didnt see ARAID,will it work with mine?
No, the Airaid has an enclosed bottom. We have had at least one customer than I know of that took a Dremel to the bottom of an Airaid so that he could use our scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
Just install my scoop and washer relocate from apex thumbs up
Glad to hear that. Thanks for your order.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
cornerspeed92

Quote:
No, the Airaid has an enclosed bottom. We have had at least one customer than I know of that took a Dremel to the bottom of an Airaid so that he could use our scoop.

Glad to hear that. Thanks for your order.
Thanks, yeah that's what i thought,since the bottom isn't open.Is that your recommendation to dremel the bottom to install this scoop,or is it better to just leave well enough alone? and since im not going to do headers and a tune for a couple years yet,is that a mod that will make a difference? The reason i ask is on my 2011 1LT RS i did CAI.headers,throttle body spacer,and on my measured course i ran there was no difference.I was told that was because there wasn't a tune,and all that would come into play after a tune.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks, yeah that's what i thought,since the bottom isn't open.Is that your recommendation to dremel the bottom to install this scoop,or is it better to just leave well enough alone? and since im not going to do headers and a tune for a couple years yet,is that a mod that will make a difference? The reason i ask is on my 2011 1LT RS i did CAI.headers,throttle body spacer,and on my measured course i ran there was no difference.I was told that was because there wasn't a tune,and all that would come into play after a tune.
If you want to add the scoop there is no reason to be afraid to cut out the bottom. There are no negative effects of doing so. It does not require a tune and as far as making a difference goes, I'll just leave a few customer quotes below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I installed the Cold Air Inductions CAI two weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference over the following week. The following weekend I installed the (APEX) scoop and washer relocation kit. The difference was amazing, especially at around 3000 rpms and up. Car pulls much harder now, and sounds different too...

So I definitely recommend it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Had the CAI installed a few months ago, just never got around to installing the relo and scoop till this past weekend....after driving around with just the CAI, which itself made a difference in the feel, and now with the scoop, I can tell you that there seems to be a major improvement with the scoop. My butt Dyno definatly feels and hears a big difference compared to just the CAI....definatly recommend the scoop. One of the best cost to performance ratio's Ive done so far to my Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
Results:

Uhmmm yeah it is noticeable..wow!!!! The install was good and clean, the CAI just looks right down sexy as hell, CAI inc makes a good intake! it dresses up the engine nicely.... Sound has improved! and throttle response is smooth and shifts cleans. I recommend the Scoop WW kit and CAI to anyone.. got mines from Chase at APEX-great guy to to business with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi View Post
I just installed a CAI, scoop, and a windshield washer relocate kit that I bought from APEX. The install went smooth with no problems. When I was done I took my car for a spin and WOW what a difference. It seemed to run a lot smoother and faster.

I would like to say APEX has super fast shipping, I placed my order on Friday evening and received it on Wednesday.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
Got mine from Apex as well. Great bunch of folks to deal with and shipped and delivered before you can say Chase!
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
cornerspeed92

Quote:
If you want to add the scoop there is no reason to be afraid to cut out the bottom. There are no negative effects of doing so. It does not require a tune and as far as making a difference goes, I'll just leave a few customer quotes below.
ok im sold cost to 91730?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorduck View Post
Got mine from Apex as well. Great bunch of folks to deal with and shipped and delivered before you can say Chase!
Thanks

Quote:
ok im sold cost to 91730?
PM sent.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
cornerspeed92

Yep,thanks will be in touch.Im not a mechanic but quite sure i can install this,from what i have read pretty straight forward.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #28
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Any combo deal for the scoop, CAI Inc CAI, and MRT v2 axle back? I now need all three and plan on ordering in the next month or so.