Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #71
Blue Bunny

Drives: 2010 ABM RS #8763
Send a message via AIM to Blue Bunny
We want to see the inside of the police cars too. My husband used to be a cop and we still hang out with a bunch of them because we're firefighters & EMT's. We're just wondering how they stuff all the radios, computer, etc. inside one. And they sure wouldn't be transporting anyone unless they modified the back seat!

"Gene Roddenberry once said that the real mission of the Enterprise was to search for intelligent life on the other side of the television set."
William Shatner
Up Till Now
Blue Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #72
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I can picture all the LEO's on this site drooling over the chance to use any one of these machines instead of the standard issue Crown Vic's here.

The picture of the wrecked Lamborghini makes my soul hurt. I hope the drivers of both cars were okay. That didn't look like it felt too good. I'm curious though, the picture of the interior of the Lamborghini has a giant red button on the passenger door. Why?

I'm envisioning a Wylie E. Coyote-esque purpose...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #73
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Maro SS View Post
its white gold not chrome the SLR and its not allowed in day time and night time but trust me they can drive their car anytime they want and u know how they can

I'm from dxb and I know what happens around here and highly doubt the 'white gold' is more than a rumor that you heard.
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #74
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Well, all I can say is I think it is pretty dam cool that there are Camaro's over there roaming the streets!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #75
F YUR BMW
GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
GT-R

I have seen a couple of them floting around since the summer. Good looking car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffEL View Post
anyone notice the seat was on the left side in that GT-R?.....ive never seen a skyline in the states (unless some rich guys ships one over...or in a movie)...i wonder if this model will be coming to america? or if the cops over there just modded the seat/ordered it modded already....ill shall go google it now

lol, guess i shoulda googled it first...it is in the states
F YUR BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #76
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I can picture all the LEO's on this site drooling over the chance to use any one of these machines instead of the standard issue Crown Vic's here.

The picture of the wrecked Lamborghini makes my soul hurt. I hope the drivers of both cars were okay. That didn't look like it felt too good. I'm curious though, the picture of the interior of the Lamborghini has a giant red button on the passenger door. Why?

I'm envisioning a Wylie E. Coyote-esque purpose...
The "big red button" is actually a padle they use to flag down people... so no ejection seat or oder funky stuff!

To all those from Dubai, is it true that you only have one kind of speeding ticket no matter how fast u drive? I thought i saw something like that on tv once...
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:03 AM   #77
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
The "big red button" is actually a padle they use to flag down people... so no ejection seat or oder funky stuff!

To all those from Dubai, is it true that you only have one kind of speeding ticket no matter how fast u drive? I thought i saw something like that on tv once...

That was ages ago.. used to be a simple US$50~55 ticket now it starts at US$110 and goes up by US$25 for every extra 10kmph over the limit, but the radar only catches you at 20 over the limit so you always get at least the $160 ticket plus newly introduced black points and car confiscation for very high speeds and jumping camera with a possible jail term depending on situation for some violations. This chnge has really made the roads more safe, but less fun in a way or two..
Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #78
cmoney2007

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT, 2014 Charger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
next thing you know they're going to have a buggati veyron
Yea there wouldn't be a point trying to outrun that. Not that I condone running from the law unless you're running away from me with my hotdog.
cmoney2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #79
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney2007 View Post
Yea there wouldn't be a point trying to outrun that. Not that I condone running from the law unless you're running away from me with my hotdog.
I just watched a video on that car:

Top speed of 250 mph. Just listening to the statistics in that car is ridiculous. How much air it sucks, how long the tires last, how long the gas lasts, the cooling system, it's absolutely ridiculous.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #80
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
correction: its Dubai's vette not AD and its a C6

its meant to get to fires and creash sites ASAP and even has a fire hydrant system in the boot to start controlling teh fire till the big boys get there

You are correct, Sir. I was too lazy to look up the facts before I posted. I knew there was a Corvette involved, however.

Cheers, AlSuwaidi!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #81
2KZ28_For_Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by F YUR BMW View Post
I have seen a couple of them floting around since the summer. Good looking car.
No doubt the GTR is a great engineering achievement. But something about it and the Veyron just leaves me wondering...."Where's the Soul?"

However, having never ridden/driven in either leaves me unqualified.

Just my .2c

Let's get back to the OP -- Camaro's for Police Cars in the UAE! Nice!

Better than some cars, I would say (of course, I am slightly prejudiced towards GM products)
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #82
2KZ28_For_Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
Didnt quite get what you are saying. SA and UAE are very different coutries. Neighbours but hard to compare. If you are saying UAE does nothing for its people, how does job priority for a UAE national vs expat(with a higher pay too) and a free plots of land for each citizen to build a house on sound to you? thats far from nothing. If you didnt mean it that way, sorry i didnt get you and ignore what I said.

love your attitude everyone should keep up the jokes but keep their hands away from the keyboard if you have nothing good to say

Dont be greedy, we want our camaros too! we pay a higher price for them too! That police car will see a lot more miles than a lot of american camaros that are locked away all winter in storage

Nice catch SS camaros only come in one spec. being the 2ss/rs with sunroof polished wheels and everything standard except onstar(no service here) GFX and teh 21" wheels

correction: Dubai and AD are both different emirates(states) in the UAE, AD being the capital.(just wanting to make things clear)
Quoted for emphasis. It's like trying to separate Dallas and Fort Worth. Sometimes the lines get blurry (meaning my mistake in an earlier post).

Great to have well-informed and friendly folks helping us set the record straight.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #83
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
You are correct, Sir. I was too lazy to look up the facts before I posted. I knew there was a Corvette involved, however.

Cheers, AlSuwaidi!
You probably wouldnt have found many facts online(not that i know of). All im saying is from direct knowledge from seeing what goes on around here in the UAE (btw I saw that corvette in action on a rescue where it was rushed to a car that fell into a construction ditch while the cranes and ambulances were still on the way, as well as the camaro once just patrolling the streets of AD)

Quote:
No doubt the GTR is a great engineering achievement. But something about it and the Veyron just leaves me wondering...."Where's the Soul?"

I agree with you on the 'soul' part. I've driven a couple Z06s and my camaro and there is something about the sound and tourque that you miss out on in the GTR, which seems too tame and doesnt feel as fast as it really is.

Quote:
Quoted for emphasis. It's like trying to separate Dallas and Fort Worth. Sometimes the lines get blurry (meaning my mistake in an earlier post).

Great to have well-informed and friendly folks helping us set the record straight.
Well why are we all here in the forum if not to learn and help each other out
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #84
jonerone

Drives: Ford
Hi thespymaster,
I see your links. I like it very much. I really enjoyed.
Thanks for sharing