Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #29
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Camaro SS - more mod friendly (low to mid 12s with simple basic mods)
Camaro SS - more room (back seat, trunk)
Camaro SS- cool factor - its a Camaro SS

370z - yuppie styling (still looks just like a 350z with minor tweaks)
370z - handles well
370z - interior

Biker chicks, hooters girls, bascially hot girls in general, love Camaros

Totally agreed
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post
I'm pretty sure the stock Nismo will beat your l99 bud.

PS I think you missed me mentioning I've driven one, which I think I would consider that seeing some in person and seeing how they run.
Funny how I raced a Red nismo about two months ago and ran circles around it.

My 13.3 is at a reputably horrible track. Give me a good track and I'll run circles around the Nismo all day bud. My R/T is extremely good. I don't think I have been beat off the line in the last 3 weeks I've gone out to the track. So bring me a nismo and let me run circles around it.

Last edited by 2SSARMY; 06-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Stock vs stock it depends on the driver. Hands down thats how it is. Deny it all you want but its the truth
Have you ever even raced? Saying an SS vs 370z is a drivers race is pretty damn funny.... Stop doing your little ricer math and get to the track and see reality please. You have little to no clue what you are talking about.

"Omg I read on the internets that the 370z has like 360horsepowers and weights likes 30lbs and da camaro haz 400 horsepower and weights like 5000lbs so I thinks the 370z has this because i did math in my heads !!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
michaelh you would be very surprised. A lot of people think just because its a lower HP that its slower but thats far from the truth when it comes to cars. My saturn Ion Redline was almost as fast as my stock 2ss. Power/weight ratio.
no i kno that light cars with lower horsepower have chances im jus sayin the 370z is like 3200ibs i believe mayb more mayb less dont quote me on tht one totally but is has 332 hp jus baseline to the ss 426 or 400 thats alot of horsepower to close in on even with it being light same with the nismo that has 350 hp i still dont think it has enough to take down a ss im srry but either give it a bigger engine or lighten it up even more than mayb it will be in the same ball park as the ss but for now its going to lose

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #33
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
OP - If you want a zippy little car that handles extremely well out of the box than the 370 is a great car. If you want a big obnoxious muscle car than the Camaro is a good choice.

One of the main reasons I got the 'maro over the 370Z was because I couldn't see trading in one Z for another. After 4 years with the 350Z I was ready for something different...a big loud muscle car.

The Z has great power, insane grip, racer boy styling and is a blast to drive around town like a hooligan.

The SS has retarded power, more grip than it should at it's weight, turns heads all day, more of a chore to drive around town (the car wears me out), and it causes you drive like a 16 year old who stole his dads GTO...seriously, this car has me redlining my immaturity meter.

Drive both, consider what your driving habits and needs are. Don't be fooled by the rear seats in the 'maro, just there for looks, think about how much time you wanna spend at the pump, and buy what you like not what car forum people tell you to. These twats aren't going to make your payments...
Old 06-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #34
ducq

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 blck w/ IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Dude seriously,....I was waiting for this.

I can't believe how many of these people actually believe the 370z stands a chance against an SS. You have got to be silly,...or have no grasp of reality outside of a message board.

A 370 won't stand a chance against a SS, sorry kids. Must we post lap results yet again!? 370s finish not a tenth of a second slower than the SS, but SECONDS slower than a SS. I've had many run in with cocky guys behind the wheel of a 370 thinking "oh it's nimble and light, I'll beat you",....I'm sorry, in every experience I've had with them, my SS blew past them.

Don't trust me,....go look at the data online, a 370 and a SS isn't even in the same league. Now the 370 Z should beat a V6 Camaro easy because of the lack of hp, but an SS shouldn't even be compared to that thing.

........it's rape.
pretty sure this thread started off having nothing to do with racing
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #35
thebrander
931HP w/100K mi warranty!

Drives: C6Z06 & Gen 5 2SS
Stock vs stock, the Camaro SS is faster at the drag strip and the race track than a 370Z. A 5th gen Camaro SS has excellent handling right out of the box.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #36
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
OP - If you want a zippy little car that handles extremely well out of the box than the 370 is a great car. If you want a big obnoxious muscle car than the Camaro is a good choice.

One of the main reasons I got the 'maro over the 370Z was because I couldn't see trading in one Z for another. After 4 years with the 350Z I was ready for something different...a big loud muscle car.

The Z has great power, insane grip, racer boy styling and is a blast to drive around town like a hooligan.

The SS has retarded power, more grip than it should at it's weight, turns heads all day, more of a chore to drive around town (the car wears me out), and it causes you drive like a 16 year old who stole his dads GTO...seriously, this car has me redlining my immaturity meter.

Drive both, consider what your driving habits and needs are. Don't be fooled by the rear seats in the 'maro, just there for looks, think about how much time you wanna spend at the pump, and buy what you like not what car forum people tell you to. These twats aren't going to make your payments...

Direct and honest ~ I like that
Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #37
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
"it causes you drive like a 16 year old who stole his dads GTO...seriously, this car has me redlining my immaturity meter." Couldn't agree more!
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
Ya guyzzz da ss maro does circles around GTR's man trust me iz was at da track n did a 15.4 but hez was like 17 flat. Circles mannn circles.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #39
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
Direct and honest ~ I like that
Blonde w/ a SS~ I like that.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #40
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Alright, with all honesty for a fair buyer's comparison, the SS is faster than the 370z in a straight line AND around a race track despite the 370z's lighter weight, and if you ever encounter one for a race, the SS would easily leave the 370z far behind. But just because the 370z isn't a better performance car than the SS, doesn't mean it's not a great car to buy. The 370z has a pretty flashy interior, from the looks, it has a much higher quality than the SS; lots of gizmos while the SS holds more onto that "retro" yet modern look. The SS executes this look without complaints.

It really depends on which you are into. If you want a great performance car with head-turning appeal, get the Camaro SS. If you want a car with a sporty look to it and an interior which rivals that of an infiniti,...get the 370z. Each car is nice, one faster than the other, but both faster than ricers; it's win win.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #41
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ya guyzzz da ss maro does circles around GTR's man trust me iz was at da track n did a 15.4 but hez was like 17 flat. Circles mannn circles.
o hai ize never been to track i does ricer math and i thins 370z winsa loLO!L
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #42
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
the end of the argument is here......my 2010 GT has beaten Nismos and regular 370z's. the 370z in any form from the factory stands no chance against a camaro ss.

/end thread

Closed Thread