Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2021, 07:32 PM   #1
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
THANKS VETS

On this day I just wanted to thank any of you have that are or have given their service to this country. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
stickwiggler13

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
Thank you for your support!
stickwiggler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Thank you!!!

Dad was Army, I was Air Force, and my son in law is currently in the Navy.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:23 AM   #4
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
But most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives — the one they were living and the one they would have lived. When they died, they gave up their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers. They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave up everything for our country, for us. And all we can do is remember.” - R. Reagan
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:45 AM   #5
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Went into Doc's Seafood in Gulf Shores Alabama today and a waitress played Taps to perfection on a Clarinet. There was hardly a dry eye in the place. Very powerful.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #6
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
joe, just for your knowledge, Memorial day is for those who have been killed in service of the United States, not for those who have served and weren't killed. https://www.usmemorialday.org/history-of-memorial-day

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:27 AM   #7
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I hate it when "vets" use their veteran status as a talking point. Please stop with that crap. It has no bearing on the debate. Stop wearing you supposed vet status on your sleeve.
All he did was post links. Not sure how you see him wearing his vet status on his sleeve
Old 06-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #8
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
joe, just for your knowledge, Memorial day is for those who have been killed in service of the United States, not for those who have served and weren't killed. https://www.usmemorialday.org/history-of-memorial-day
Yes LCPLPunk, I know that, Veterans Day is for those who served or are serving, I didn't mention Memorial Day in my post but thanks for the heads up. I do know some people that get those mixed up. I'm just showing respect because I'm not a vet and respect the hell out of what they've done for this country.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #9
LCPLPunk
USA-1

joe, I love you dude, LOL

Veteran's day is for those who SERVED, not for those who are serving, that's Armed Forces Day.

Now, why don't we steer this into a positive direction and talk about which service is the best...

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 06-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #10
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
joe, I love you dude, LOL

Veteran's day is for those who SERVED, not for those who are serving, that's Armed Forces Day.

Now, why don't we steer this into a positive direction and talk about which service is the best...
NAVY! Anchors away! nuff said
Old 06-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #11
LCPLPunk
USA-1

LOLLOL, come on man...Navy?

Did you know, the Navy isn't the service with the most ships? It's the Army.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #12
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:31 PM   #13
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
LOLLOL, come on man...Navy?

Did you know, the Navy isn't the service with the most ships? It's the Army.

That I find interesting. Is that counting river crossing craft? We actually had ships in the Air Force at Tyndall, AFB in Florida.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:54 PM   #14
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Alright, damn, I'm wrong, apparently they DID have more...but back in WW2.

https://www.businessinsider.com/thes...y-myths-2015-6

Hold-on, you guys had boats in the AF?? Were they logistic/transportation related??