Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #15
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
It seems to help if you have no points on your license. Last time I got pulled over (87 in a 70) the deputy started out by saying, "nice car" and ended with, "thank you for your service" (Marine Veteran plates). No ticket or warning. Of course I did admit to speeding.
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #16
JLBIII

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Many years ago B.C. (before Camaro) I had my g.f. with me when stopped by the garage where I worked and lit them up when I left. State trooper pulled me over about a mile down the road. He asked what I was doing and gave me a bunch of crap about it (don't know if he saw or heard me) but let me go with a warning. I did tell him I worked at the garage and we had just set up the traction bars.

Riding my '55 Triumph chopper one fine spring day I was coming down a hill that had a slight rise near the bottom. The local P.D. had a speed trap across the road right on the other side of the rise. I slowed down but not nearly enough. Got clocked at 58 in a 35. They had 4 patrol cars hidden nearby. An officer stepped out and motioned for me to pull over. I saw two cars also pulled over. Bike didn't have current inspection or registration and my mc permit was expired. It was the first day I had it out that spring. When the Sargent found all this out he told me "The Captain is going to love this one". Got several tickets and they let me ride home 2 miles away.
JLBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM2SS View Post
It seems to help if you have no points on your license. Last time I got pulled over (87 in a 70) the deputy started out by saying, "nice car" and ended with, "thank you for your service" (Marine Veteran plates). No ticket or warning. Of course I did admit to speeding.
True. The last time I got a speeding ticket was back in 2002 before that was late 80's.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #18
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Yeah... got dinged almost 15 years ago by a Harris County Constable for doing 40 in a 30 on my ST1300. I wasn't really paying attention until I saw him going the other direction, then noticed him loop around, and noticed my speed.

I pulled over and was waiting for him... we talked about my bike for over 30 minutes. Rode off with a warning.
Nowhere in Harris county would you be pulled over now. Two years there, and I only saw cops at accidents.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #19
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
In the 3 1/2 years I've had my Camaro, I've gotten pulled over four times. Once for no seatbelt and three times for speeding - various speeds on various types of roads. No tickets and no written warnings. I have a clean driving record and just told them I didn't realize I was going too fast, which was true. Every officer asked me how my driving record was and checked that before telling me to slow down and letting me go. Btw, no breasts! ;-)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 PM   #20
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Cool story OP. Last time I got pulled over I got a stern warning, which I thought I was had for sure. Yes sir, no sir, I’m going to reach for my registration in my glove box is that ok sir, and he let me go. There are definitely good cops out there who I’m sure don’t want to do the paperwork either. I’m yet to get pulled over for admiration of my car and that’s ok. I’d rather him stop into the car show and check it out there anyway.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I got pulled over in the Camaro for the first time last Friday. My guess is that he heard me before he saw me.

It was around 9:30 at night and I was on my way home. I was on a main road (two lanes each direction) that goes through the neighborhood. No houses are on it, just streets that branch out to other streets with homes.

I was moving pretty good. Speed limit is 35, I was going a lot faster. The street is a loon going sweeping "S" shape. I come around the curve and there's a cop sitting on a side street. I tell my son, well I'm getting a ticket. I slow it down, close the cutouts and come to a stop at he next stops sign. He rolls up behind me. I go through the intersection then put on my left signal to go down my street, that's when he lights me up. I immediately pull over, roll down my window and get my registration out. He walks up and asks if I live in the area. I show him the address on my registration and say I live a couple houses down. He tells me slow it down and have a nice evening.

My guess is that he wasn't there looking for speeders, it's not an area known for that. But we've have a few break in's and stolen vehicles in the area lately. I think he was just patrolling the area.

I thanked him and shook his hand before he left. Also thanked him for looking out in our neighborhood after what been going on recently.

As we drove home I told my son, who's 15, that I got lucky. I would of deserved a ticket if the officer gave me one. And then no matter how things turned out, to treat the officer with respect.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #22
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
At work theres a street that is under the freeway and i always gun it to hear how loud it gets. The other day as i was gunnin it in 1st BRRRRR i shift to 2nd BRRR and i see a cop on the other side im like "OH ****!!" i quickly put it in neutral and slow down lmao ive never gotten a ticket and i hope i never do
Old 01-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #23
ThisGuyDrives

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey Metallic 1LE/1SS/RS
Last time I got pulled over was clocked doing 95 in a 55 in my 99 Bonneville smoking a kid in his Neon. Pulled me over, took my license and asked me if it was current. I said yes, he got back in his car and left. It was about 11pm on a Friday. I think he was looking for drunk drivers. The road I was on had a few dui accidents at the time.
It was a weird experience that's for sure.
My last official ticket was 1/1/99 when I was 20. Hope the good luck stays with me.

Cold Air Inductions Intake
SPEC Stage 1 Clutch
BMR 1.4" Springs
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HF Cats

Last dyno tune was with just intake and catback exhaust did a 401/379.
ThisGuyDrives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #24
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Sounds like a fake post to get us to like cops during the holidays. No cop, especially a motorcycle cop, would go through all that effort to pull you over on the freeway only to just chit chat about cars and let you go with a warning. Sorry, I'm just not buying it.

There is this little section of road by the mall close to where I live that goes from 30 mph down to a ridiculous 20 mph and then, all of a sudden, goes back up to 30 again.

I got clocked going 32 mph on this short section of road on a nice clear afternoon with very light traffic. The motorcycle cop did not let me go and I was nice as you can be. He was very nice too and then he handed me a big fat ticket. He didn't ask me about my car or have any conversation with me. Short and sweet, but he gave me a ticket. He also followed me for a short distance before he lit me up too.

I've never been let off for a warning and neither has anyone I know. However, I do love these stories of people going 20 over and being let off by these nice motorcycle cops that like Camaros. Where are these nice motorcycle cops around here? lol!
Sadly, my friend....jusr reading your post tells me there is more to this. But hey, who am I but stupid cop
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #25
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
As a 30yr veteran of law enforcement....I have never written a ticket or made an arrest of someone who didn't deserve it. All we ever ask of people is to be respectful and tell us the truth. Many 100mph + speeders have gone about there merry way. Many teens just cruising and having a good time...maybe smoking a little weed...have found themselves at home in their cozy little beds. All by simply being honest.
Ha! Yes, I have pulled people over just to compliment them on their nice ride.
There are always bad apples....but most cops are fair...and believe me, we don't want the paperwork anymore than you do. Glad your experience was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
With all due respect, do you have breasts? Sorry, I’m not sure I know a male that’s ever gotten off with a warning. Good banter about football or cars, yes. But I still got cuffed and or ticketed. Jus sayin...
Guess your wrong Moto. I got lucky enough to not get a ticket for 135 on 1 of my Motorcycles many years ago. I was a 1/4 mile from home.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #26
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post

Guess your wrong Moto. I got lucky enough to not get a ticket for 135 on 1 of my Motorcycles many years ago. I was a 1/4 mile from home.
I've pled my case in court and got a reduced fine once or twice. Not saying I wasn't guilty as charged but I find warnings elusive in my world.

Fortunately, I'm older and slower now. Now, the camera and video ticket is another story. That takes any element of a warning off the table. Assuming warnings really exist. I just happen to think they're unicorns.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:53 AM   #27
Spocktwin

Drives: 2015 LT RS Camaro, 1978 Trans Am
Be respectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
As a 30yr veteran of law enforcement....I have never written a ticket or made an arrest of someone who didn't deserve it. All we ever ask of people is to be respectful and tell us the truth. Many 100mph + speeders have gone about there merry way. Many teens just cruising and having a good time...maybe smoking a little weed...have found themselves at home in their cozy little beds. All by simply being honest.
Ha! Yes, I have pulled people over just to compliment them on their nice ride.
There are always bad apples....but most cops are fair...and believe me, we don't want the paperwork anymore than you do. Glad your experience was a good one.
My father taught all 4 of us boys (and we all had a sports car of some kind) when you get pulled over, and you will, drop your window, take off sunglasses if you have them on, put both hands of the wheel where the officer can see them, tell the TRUTH because he already knows, and always talk with respect no sir, yes sir. I have been stopped a few times over the years for nothing crazy but I remember my Dad's words and I always have received a warning. My last ticket was in 1990 and I deserved it, but still the officer was pretty cool and I even said I was sorry for being an idiot. He laughed and shook my hand. I saw him for a few years on that same stretch of road and we always waved. Officers have a tough job and we want them there when we need them so we need to respect them for what they do when we don't!
Spocktwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #28
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocktwin View Post
My father taught all 4 of us boys (and we all had a sports car of some kind) when you get pulled over, and you will, drop your window, take off sunglasses if you have them on, put both hands of the wheel where the officer can see them, tell the TRUTH because he already knows, and always talk with respect no sir, yes sir. I have been stopped a few times over the years for nothing crazy but I remember my Dad's words and I always have received a warning. My last ticket was in 1990 and I deserved it, but still the officer was pretty cool and I even said I was sorry for being an idiot. He laughed and shook my hand. I saw him for a few years on that same stretch of road and we always waved. Officers have a tough job and we want them there when we need them so we need to respect them for what they do when we don't!
*THIS*

I also pull well out of traffic or danger for them, click on the blinkers, tell them everything I'm about to do... reaching for wallet, registration... yada yada yada. I also turn on interior light if it's dark/night (if in a cage), and cut off the engine.

Being courteous goes a long way.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote