Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
JLBIII

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Mid 70's, headers uncapped, come around a bend and there's an accident. Several local pd cars there. Officer comes over shaking his head and tells me to take it home and get it off the road. Don't let me see you on the road again with them open, etc. Good ol' days when you knew most of the local police officers by name.

Another time in my '69 Z/28 pulled up to bank window. They asked me to shut it off because they couldn't hear inside. WTF? LT headers with resonators, cross flow muffler dual exhaust was not loud at all.
JLBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #16
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Riding my bicycle home on Nellis AFB after a long shift (it was 1am ish). SP with M16 flagged me down. There was a bomb threat and the SP wanted my help to redirect traffic. So I stood in the middle of the road, thinking no way will there be traffic at this hour. Of course a staff car comes my way with some big wigs in it, and here I am in my dirty BDU's from a long shift working on F-16s telling them to go around haha. Turns out it was an empty coffee can.

Um, Texas World Speedway, intermediate motorcycle track day. Me and another guy were battling a bit, passing each other and slower riders (safely). We split passed an instructor on the main straight, to his left and right (safely). He caught us up in traffic and tapped his tail to follow him to pits. He thought we were pushing too hard (eye roll). Then he saw my street tires and stock street bike and was adamant I was pushing too hard (I really wasn't) and should be in advanced group. I know we weren't even close to getting under 2 minute lap times, probably between 2.05 and 2.10 with traffic. Maybe he was used to instructing the the novice group. A good track day lap at TWS (RIP TWS :( ) is under 1.50.

No interesting actual police pull overs for car shenanigans. Plenty of them but all SOP. I did have one in Dallas, got lit up, I didn't like the shoulder as it seemed sketchy and unsafe to me so I proceeded ahead to the next exit, which was 1/4 mile or so. By the time the officer came up he was shaking with adrenaline thinking I was up to no good. In the future I'll just pull over, leaving the "safe place" judgement up to the officer. Could have gone south real quick.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #17
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Isn’t the car behind you in the pic a camaro OP?
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #18
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I got pulled over entering my driveway on Christmas eve once. Constable was checking for drunks. Put every light on me before he walked up to my car hesitant saying who's house is this. I said mine, then he spotted the car full of presents and started bs with me.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #19
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yazoo City Mississippi.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote