Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #57
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Nice....cant wait to see it. I won't be doing my install till Oct/Nov cuz I restoring my 69 El Co right now.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:32 AM   #58
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
The reason why!

So as many builders are aware of when they build cars,You never want come backs. Come backs cost you money and cause customers to loose confidence in your work. At ADM Performance we do our best to make sure that we do not have cars come back due to design flaws or poor install management.

One of the things we do is take a look at each piece of the puzzle and make sure it meets our standards, If it does not than we remake it our way.

When it comes to the using "KITS" YOUR ALWAYS GOING TO FIND FLAWS! Even some of our kits have flaws

The reason for using The ZL1 CAST STAINLESS manifolds for this build is so that we can create a "GOOD SEAL" between the connection of the "AGP CAST IRON" extension pipe to the ZL1 CAST STAINLESS manifold. This connection is crucial because the weight of the Turbo and Extension will have a tendency to pull down on the "2 BOLT CONNECTION" and possibly cause that critical seal point to open up just enough to push exhaust gasses between WHICH NOW ARE SHOOTING FLAMES OUT AT FULL THROTTLE RIGHT TO YOUR FUEL LINES LOCATED JUST TO THE LEFT OF THIS MANIFOLD.

Aftermarket headers tend to move a lot due to the high heat and back pressure and also require extreme modifications to make the 2 bolt flange area stronger and fail safe. They also make spark plug changes a nightmare and bring tolerances to sparkplug wires to close for comfort in my experience. Gm however does a fantastic job at making spark plug changes fairly easy on this car as well as good heat control around the wire.

Below are a couple sample pics of the modifications required at our shop that make for a True Engineered Connection point just like the OEM would do and back by a 100,000 mile warranty.

Kevin and the guys at AGP did a fantastic job engineering a kit to fit the masses, amazing to say the least from what it was originally intended to do.
Attached Images

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 08-18-2018 at 06:44 AM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #59
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
So as many builders are aware of when they build cars,You never want come backs. Come backs cost you money and cause customers to loose confidence in your work. At ADM Performance we do our best to make sure that we do not have cars come back due to design flaws or poor install management.

One of the things we do is take a look at each piece of the puzzle and make sure it meets our standards, If it does not than we remake it our way.

When it comes to the using "KITS" YOUR ALWAYS GOING TO FIND FLAWS! Even some of our kits have flaws

The reason for using The ZL1 CAST STAINLESS manifolds for this build is so that we can create a "GOOD SEAL" between the connection of the "AGP CAST IRON" extension pipe to the ZL1 CAST STAINLESS manifold. This connection is crucial because the weight of the Turbo and Extension will have a tendency to pull down on the "2 BOLT CONNECTION" and possibly cause that critical seal point to open up just enough to push exhaust gasses between WHICH NOW ARE SHOOTING FLAMES OUT AT FULL THROTTLE RIGHT TO YOUR FUEL LINES LOCATED JUST TO THE LEFT OF THIS MANIFOLD.

Aftermarket headers tend to move a lot due to the high heat and back pressure and also require extreme modifications to make the 2 bolt flange area stronger and fail safe. They also make spark plug changes a nightmare and bring tolerances to sparkplug wires to close for comfort in my experience. Gm however does a fantastic job at making spark plug changes fairly easy on this car as well as good heat control around the wire.

Below are a couple sample pics of the modifications required at our shop that make for a True Engineered Connection point just like the OEM would do and back by a 100,000 mile warranty.

Kevin and the guys at AGP did a fantastic job engineering a kit to fit the masses, amazing to say the least from what it was originally intended to do.
So why a ZL1 manifold instead of a SS manifold?

Do you have to modify these to fit the additional head bolts? If yes pics?
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #60
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I went with the Huron TT Headers......they are stout pieces for sure. Should seal well! Then had them Jet Hot coated.
Attached Images

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #61
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpala02 View Post
So why a ZL1 manifold instead of a SS manifold?

Do you have to modify these to fit the additional head bolts? If yes pics?
Yes 6 bolt heads hit. No pics

Ls3 and L99 manifolds are cast iron.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #62
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Who has the fastest ADM built AGP car currently running? Any slips?
2015 Camaro SS, LS3 Stroker, PRC heads,CUSTOM CAM. AGP 68/68 with custom Hot and Cold side. Fore triple pumps, Holley terminator X. BMR drag suspension with carlyle brake kit. 15" ET drags and 17" skinnies. ZL1 3.73 gears , aluminum driveshaft. TH400 with circle D converter.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #63
Scuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post
Who has the fastest ADM built AGP car currently running? Any slips?
When this is all said and done I may have the most rwhp for a Adm agp car.

But the car stays in Mexico so I don’t have slips.
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #64
Scuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
When the engine bay looks like it came from the factory. That’s attention to detail.
Attached Images

Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:35 PM   #65
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Looks great. Time to update your signature.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #66
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
Even the radiator turned out sexy. Solving cooling before it’s even a issue.
who built the rad ?
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:56 AM   #67
ADM PERFORMANCE

Dewitts Radiators

We used Dewitts to build this one as it had special fans that required a shoud to clear our tubing.

They did a great job for us.

If you need the best cooling option out there than this is by far the best we have done, feel free to order through us and we can get it identical.

The Fan system is extremely expensive so be prepared.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:03 PM   #68
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Not a Dewitts but i have a radiator with dual Spal 14" fans which I am assuming this has. Never sees over 210s even in 100 degree heat.

Andy is right- not cheap but badass.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #69
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
What a great build. If I get to the point where I want a built engine and auto swap, ADM will be at the top of my list.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #70
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
We used Dewitts to build this one as it had special fans that required a shoud to clear our tubing.

They did a great job for us.

If you need the best cooling option out there than this is by far the best we have done, feel free to order through us and we can get it identical.

The Fan system is extremely expensive so be prepared.

thanks for the info !
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote