Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #15
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Take it to test and tune and get your fix there.

I try to go once or twice a month $50 in fees and $50 bucks in gas is a lot cheaper than the severe penalties we have up here.

I don't have a Z/28 but jackwads always want to race me on the street.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #16
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by '14RedHotZ View Post
You definitely have to be smart about foolish things. I wont bother racing someone on a road with side streets or sidewalks. Too many bistandards. If you lived more in the country, there's roads that are more "acceptable".

All that said, I've received a ticket in TX for 85 in a 80. You can get in trouble when you least expect it. Since then, I bought a really nice radar detector... but that only helps so much. It's a calculated risk... is it worth the reward? That's what you have to answer before you bury the go fast pedal.

How are you liking the mods so far? Did the car pick up as much as you hoped?
Thanks for asking about mods. I am very happy w/ the end product. Gained roughly 150 rwp and nearly 100 rwt (still NA). It's a beast unleashed when I want it to be and still fairly docile when just cruising. Am still learning the cam behavior, as sometimes it'll stumble a bit. However, have only stalled it once and that was while backing up. Now, I just need a bigger gas tank so I don't have to stop for fill ups so frequently. ;-)
Old 05-30-2018, 07:14 AM   #17
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Few of the reasons I don't is because my car is not set up for straight line racing and the road is not set up for my car. Although I am confident in my driving, I am not in the other asshat's abilities. All it takes is for them to lose control and injure themselves or others and your facing serious charges and a lawsuit. Not to mention, the other guy is usually in a lessor car. With the HS aged kids I will give a 3-4 sec hit to show the "kids" what it's got. I remember being their age and excited to see certain cars driving on the road and wanting to see how quick they are. I like to see them smile just the way I did, funny how it all comes full circle.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #18
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
I've had everything from beat-up minivans, to a box truck (yes... seriously) try to race me... in traffic. It always just makes me shake my head at it. I was cruising over to my parents one day, going 45 in a 45 and this Yukon XL with paper tags kept being a monstrous dumbass and kept trying to mess with me. Not interested. Done way too many stupid things in my younger years to risk my dream car for something that equates to penis-measuring. And, I have no need to measure against anyone.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #19
YOLO Z/28
YOLO Z/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Thanks for asking about mods. I am very happy w/ the end product. Gained roughly 150 rwp and nearly 100 rwt (still NA). It's a beast unleashed when I want it to be and still fairly docile when just cruising. Am still learning the cam behavior, as sometimes it'll stumble a bit. However, have only stalled it once and that was while backing up. Now, I just need a bigger gas tank so I don't have to stop for fill ups so frequently. ;-)
A big cam definitely takes some time getting used to. Glad you're enjoying it! I've never regretted a performance mod to mine yet. All they do is get me to grin wider when I hit the go fast pedal!
2014 Red Hot Z/28, CTF car #39/69. HCI, Supercharged, boltons.
2006 SRM GTO, exhaust, VMR V701 wheels (SOLD)
2002 Bright Red Trans Am WS6: HCI, exhaust, tune, Konis, UMI sways, LCAs, Track bar, STB, 2" boxed steel SFCs (SOLD)
YOLO Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #20
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
Yeah it's amazing what I have come up next to me trying to get me to bite...and mine is a V6. I did almost bite the other day. Thought better of it though.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:45 AM   #21
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
These guys are going to Jail for a long time - 2 days after graduating High School!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...hool_168538297

No Need for Speed if it entails going to Jail
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy2tehBone View Post
I've had everything from beat-up minivans, to a box truck (yes... seriously) try to race me... in traffic. It always just makes me shake my head at it. I was cruising over to my parents one day, going 45 in a 45 and this Yukon XL with paper tags kept being a monstrous dumbass and kept trying to mess with me. Not interested. Done way too many stupid things in my younger years to risk my dream car for something that equates to penis-measuring. And, I have no need to measure against anyone.
I'm right there with ya. Guys driving '85 Ford Tempo's, jacked-up diesel trucks and yes...30 year old mini-vans. People hear my cam/exhaust and it gets them "race-horny". Ignore them. It's not worth it. I usually chuckle and shake my head when they smash the gas pedal to the floor in their mid-80's economy sh*t box. Have fun out there, but respect the machine!

On another note, it seems as if the kid caught doing 130mph in the OP's original post, never learned his lesson. He either has the IQ of sagebrush, his daddy paid the fine and blamed the police...or both.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #23
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
These guys are going to Jail for a long time - 2 days after graduating High School!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...hool_168538297

No Need for Speed if it entails going to Jail
In a related article on that link, the city is lowering the speed limit from 40 to 35. Do they really think that's going to stop street racing???

It is a shame about the mother and daughter that died. Not only are the kids going to be charged with vehicular homicide they will have that on their conscience (or should) for the rest of their lives.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #24
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
one of the Brats wants his License back while he is out on Bail - says he has to get around as he preps for college. Sorry, Douche, you just killed two people!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #25
JUSTIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
one of the Brats wants his License back while he is out on Bail - says he has to get around as he preps for college. Sorry, Douche, you just killed two people!
Affluenza will probably be their plea. It happened here in Texas a while back. A kid mowed down several people while driving under the influence. Believe 1 person was killed. His lawyer argued that it wasn't his fault as he came from an affluent background that allowed him to break rules his entire life. He either got off totally or a significantly reduced sentence. They labeled him as having "Affluenza". Ridiculous, but true.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #26
JUSTIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by '14RedHotZ View Post
A big cam definitely takes some time getting used to. Glad you're enjoying it! I've never regretted a performance mod to mine yet. All they do is get me to grin wider when I hit the go fast pedal!
Yes, the go pedal is a tad more responsive now. I love it, but need a bigger gas tank to minimize fueling stops. ;-)
Old 05-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #27
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Affluenza will probably be their plea. It happened here in Texas a while back. A kid mowed down several people while driving under the influence. Believe 1 person was killed. His lawyer argued that it wasn't his fault as he came from an affluent background that allowed him to break rules his entire life. He either got off totally or a significantly reduced sentence. They labeled him as having "Affluenza". Ridiculous, but true.
Ethan Couch, he killed 4 people. DUI and street racing are fairly similar to me - stupid, pointless, and never worth the risk.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Ethan Couch, he killed 4 people. DUI and street racing are fairly similar to me - stupid, pointless, and never worth the risk.
Ya they sure are close..one you are impaired and the other is a bad decision or just being dumb. Don't overreact.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote