Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #71
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The original Z/28 used an engine that qualified for Trans Am racing that had a 5 liter displacement cap. No other reason for the 302 than that.

A modern day Z/28 has no such cap so why limit it?

I don't think the 5.5L is anything other than a racing engine which also is limited in displacement.
I was just posting my opinion. Because every time a new Camaro model is rumored, everyone seems to jump on the "It's the Z28 bandwagon"
Just don't get your hopes up....
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #72
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I was just posting my opinion. Because every time a new Camaro model is rumored, everyone seems to jump on the "It's the Z28 bandwagon"

Just don't get your hopes up....
Too late for that.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Too late for that.
LOL, who knows if there will ever be a Z28 in the 5th generation. Here is my opinion again. I think it Z28 will wait for the debut of the 6th generation since we are so far into the life cycle of the 5th.
Good luck maybe you will get what you wish for...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #74
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
If they build an LS7 based Camaro it will be a Z28 you can bet on it. And if they build it, it will market itself. A 1LE + ZL1 Brakes + Aero + LS7 = Z28 in every way possible according to its original design.
Not sure I agree. The Z-28 shouldn't cost more than the ZL1. I'm thinking the Z would replace the 1LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #75
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
NO power adders! NA only!!!

I agree. 500HP/500TQ is easily attainable with the 6.2L. I initially had thoughts of throwing an S/C on one, but I started being reasonable and thought about the balance of the car and the balance of my bank account.

Throw on Heads/Cam (The GMPP kit will work well) add a CAI (you pick I'm leaning toward the VaraRam) and a set of LT Headers add a tune and you will be well over 500HP/500TQ at the flywheel. Doing this will keep the balance intact and possibly improve upon it. Also do the ZL1 brake upgrade.

I kind of figure that the 1LE is something that you want to keep the balance intact and too much weight over the nose or power might ruin the "balancing act" the car has going on.

This is pretty much my plan btw... I'm going in to order her in Mid Febuary. I still have hopes that the Heads/Cam and Brakes will be able to be thrown into the loan. I might change my mind about that though.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #76
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
TO THE O.P.! Why does everyone post threads about getting the shaft/getting screwed/etc? So far....EVERY year has technically gotten the shaft...2011vs 2010 got heads up. 2012 vs 2011 got FE4 and UVC. 2013vs 12 got EPS and my link. There has been a change every model year. I DO NOT feel shafted. You need to GTFO the forum if your panties are in a bunch! Complain about an awesome product Chevrolet has given us and brought back the Camaro. NO SHAFT HERE.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #77
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
TO THE O.P.! Why does everyone post threads about getting the shaft/getting screwed/etc? So far....EVERY year has technically gotten the shaft...2011vs 2010 got heads up. 2012 vs 2011 got FE4 and UVC. 2013vs 12 got EPS and my link. There has been a change every model year. I DO NOT feel shafted. You need to GTFO the forum if your panties are in a bunch! Complain about an awesome product Chevrolet has given us and brought back the Camaro. NO SHAFT HERE.

The 1LE is quite possiblly one of the greatest bang for buck RWD performance cars of all time.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #78
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I agree. 500HP/500TQ is easily attainable with the 6.2L. I initially had thoughts of throwing an S/C on one, but I started being reasonable and thought about the balance of the car and the balance of my bank account.

Throw on Heads/Cam (The GMPP kit will work well) add a CAI (you pick I'm leaning toward the VaraRam) and a set of LT Headers add a tune and you will be well over 500HP/500TQ at the flywheel. Doing this will keep the balance intact and possibly improve upon it. Also do the ZL1 brake upgrade.

I kind of figure that the 1LE is something that you want to keep the balance intact and too much weight over the nose or power might ruin the "balancing act" the car has going on.

This is pretty much my plan btw... I'm going in to order her in Mid Febuary. I still have hopes that the Heads/Cam and Brakes will be able to be thrown into the loan. I might change my mind about that though.
I'd be interested in this also even if I could get a limited warranty out of it. Please post your findings when you do so.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #79
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Not sure I agree. The Z-28 shouldn't cost more than the ZL1. I'm thinking the Z would replace the 1LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That recipe would not cost more than the ZL1
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #80
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

Sounds great.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #81
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Lots of people are just never happy with what they have. I for one was going to wait for the next gen camaro to come out but i would never buy a first model year car and i didnt really want to wait another 3-4 years to pickup a camaro. the 1le platform is a great starting point for an all out race car. I will never regret that i bought myself a 1le no matter what comes next. From whats been going on im slowly starting to see the 5th gen 1le becoming a modern day legend and if any 1le owner thinks there getting the shaft they should have never bought one to begin with.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #82
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:

Now your talking
Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #83
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Don't forget 2012 got a power passenger seat. QUOTE=davidcroft;6025933]TO THE O.P.! Why does everyone post threads about getting the shaft/getting screwed/etc? So far....EVERY year has technically gotten the shaft...2011vs 2010 got heads up. 2012 vs 2011 got FE4 and UVC. 2013vs 12 got EPS and my link. There has been a change every model year. I DO NOT feel shafted. You need to GTFO the forum if your panties are in a bunch! Complain about an awesome product Chevrolet has given us and brought back the Camaro. NO SHAFT HERE.[/QUOTE]
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #84
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Can anyone please tell me how we've gone from a typo in a 2014 spec sheet to the LS7 "being all but certain"? Have I missed something??
How do you know it was a typo?
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote