Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Monaro

Drives: Monaro CV8 (Pontiac GTO)
News on Z28

It's hard enough to digest that in Australia we probably won't get the Camaro, but I found this link just now from an Australian website. I hope it's not true. Has anybody heard anything similar?? Scroll to read.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/#ext15093
Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #2
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Fbod can tell us "keep the faith, keep the faith keep the faith" ... it gets harder and harder to keep the faith ...
Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
The article cites no source, they are probably picking up late on last weeks rumor that Scott shot down. Keeping the faith should be easy now, the hard part is done! The car is here and its awesome, that was the whole point.
(Of course that is for America, we have no real idea what GMs plans for Australia is, let alone the Z down under.)
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #4
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Actually, it's a good point the car not being exported outside the US. With the EURO/Dollar exchange rate and all the things you have to do (formation of local dealers, etc etc), I guess the car would arrive damn expensive. I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper to import it myself (ok, I do not have that "right handed driving" problem).

Regarding the Z28, we need omre info. Saying "it's still an option" is not sufficient. We have to know WHEN. The "when" will deicide the whole thing between: waiting, buying an SS, buying another car
Old 07-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Actually, it's a good point the car not being exported outside the US. With the EURO/Dollar exchange rate and all the things you have to do (formation of local dealers, etc etc), I guess the car would arrive damn expensive. I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper to import it myself (ok, I do not have that "right handed driving" problem).

Regarding the Z28, we need omre info. Saying "it's still an option" is not sufficient. We have to know WHEN. The "when" will deicide the whole thing between: waiting, buying an SS, buying another car
See that is what GM is doing, Not telling you for sure that the Z/28 is coming and when, so you WILL go out and buy an SS, then after you do they pop the news that the Z/28 is coming next year, then you trade your SS for a Z/28 and they have then sold 2 cars instead of one...
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
As far as I am concerned, nothing in print supercedes this post at the moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It was a misquote.

Let me make a few comments:

We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

We don't talk about future products -- but what makes you think we haven't been doing work on something?????

I can't say more than that......other than:

"KEEP THE FAITH" --

I can't lie to you guys -- because if I do, I will have zero credibility......and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon -- you're stuck with my ugly mug.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Hylton

Hey Tim, is that you actually drifting your Sky? Wow!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
See that is what GM is doing, Not telling you for sure that the Z/28 is coming and when, so you WILL go out and buy an SS, then after you do they pop the news that the Z/28 is coming next year, then you trade your SS for a Z/28 and they have then sold 2 cars instead of one...
This sort of makes sense
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
This sort of makes sense

They are not that cruel. You are going to have to wait 18 months for a 'vert anyways and I figure we will here something by then.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Does it make any sense at all for GM to not produce a top of the line Camaro? And does it have to be Z28? Would anyone here have a problem if it were say . . . ZL1? But lets look at the facts:

People have assumed for years that there will be a top dog Camaro, generally believing that it will be called the Z28.

Dodge is working on top performing Challengers, and Ford has GT500 Mustangs. Why would GM miss the opportunity to beat its rivals?

They basically have an engine ready to go into it (LSA)

It could be a package, rather than a separate model. That would keep things in line with the SS being the top of the line Camaro, because the Z28 would technically be an SS Z28, similar to how 4th gen SS's began life as Z28's.

As I said before, it might not be called Z28.

When will it be out? Not at launch. Nobody except wishful thinkers believed that would happen and there has been absolutely nothing from GM or even the blogs and magazines to support this notion.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Ditto that. They also aren't telling you that a couple of years into it they will switch them all over to the GenV motor, bump the SS up to 450 or something and piss everybody off.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Hey Tim, is that you actually drifting your Sky? Wow!
Naaaa I wouldn't mistreat it like that, I was making laps at Bristol Motor Speedway, Now that was fun.
The skidmarks are from my "Victory" doughnuts
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
D-Unit

Drives: Camaro SS, Acura RSX
ZL1 would be COOL!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I'm pretty sure this isn't GM, or any other manufacturer, would do to get sales. I'm sure they know this car is going to sell regardless. This sounds more like a conspiracy theory idea, IMHO. Regardless of that, DG' I think has it right on the nail and we're constantly being reminded to "Keep the faith" so anyone that is hopeful and looking forward to a higher model, whatever it may be, try to just be patient. We can't control what will happen so let's make sure that we appreciate what we have now (or, soon) and keep our fingers crossed, and support those inside GM fighting for us. I'm sure there are many who are, so don't disrespect them by senseless bickering. Let's unite to fight the evil in the world, like the Challenger and Mustang

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Closed Thread