Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #29
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
I guess if I had to do it all over again, when I experienced a sense that it wasn't accelerating as well as it used to under WOT, I would check the cats. I think that was my warning, and I missed it.
yeah hindsight is 20 20
I keeping thinking back what if I would have spent the extra $$ for the bottom to begin with,what if I didn't pulley down,what if I just left it stock (Stock Nah that wouldn't be fun lol) Going to be much better when it's back together.
Look forward to seeing your build updates. Best Wishes.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #30
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\

so pete's Va now? I thought he was still living in texas?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post

so pete's Va now? I thought he was still living in texas?
Right next to the Half Mile of Mayhem!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #32
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Preparations

Getting things set up a little better while the various engine parts are in transit to Arrington. Oil cooler used to be partially blocked by the bumper. Solution? Trim up the bumper.
Attached Images

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #33
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Getting things set up a little better while the various engine parts are in transit to Arrington. Oil cooler used to be partially blocked by the bumper. Solution? Trim up the bumper.
Got pics of the internals yet?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #34
SSSoon

Quote:
Nothing yet. JusticePete is hard at work figuring out all the bits and pieces. Their NASCAR master engine builder wasn't excited about the range of aftermarket cams available, so they are going to do me a custom grind. Daley competition dry sump, so they're busy ripping out the A/C compressor that was in the way. MAST heads are backordered because of production constraints. Lots of things to do before the engine comes together...

Pete

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #35
SSSoon

New console going it, relocating switches off the doors.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #36
JusticePete

Quote:
The connecting rods will be piston guided and that requires custom pistons. They will be 2618 material. Living and working in NASCAR country, we are working our in-house guys are consulting with an anonymous NASCAR engineer while we design what we think will be an ideal cam for the intended use of this car. It will be three more weeks before the pistons are delivered. The GM LS7 block should show up early next week. The heads are three weeks out and so on.

Our plan is to have the car ready and waiting for the engine to be installed. I'll provide pictures and video to Peter to keep you all updated.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #37
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The connecting rods will be piston guided and that requires custom pistons. They will be 2618 material. Living and working in NASCAR country, we are working our in-house guys are consulting with an anonymous NASCAR engineer while we design what we think will be an ideal cam for the intended use of this car. It will be three more weeks before the pistons are delivered. The GM LS7 block should show up early next week. The heads are three weeks out and so on.

Our plan is to have the car ready and waiting for the engine to be installed. I'll provide pictures and video to Peter to keep you all updated.
that's impressive, but I was wondering what broke and how the old insides looked.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #38
JusticePete

Quote:
that's impressive, but I was wondering what broke and how the old insides looked.
We'll let you know when we open it up.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #39
JusticePete

Your new dual Oil Temperature and Pressure gauge. Light throttle until the oil is 170 degrees. Your 2618 pistons will be warm the same time ;-)

Old 09-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #40
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Your new dual Oil Temperature and Pressure gauge. Light throttle until the oil is 170 degrees. Your 2618 pistons will be warm the same time ;-)
Yes please. Mounted somewhere within easy field of vision.

Finally, no more craning down behind the shifter to get a vague approximation of what the oil temp might be (or might not!)

Old 09-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #41
JusticePete

We are using the same location the boost gauge occupied.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #42
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Have you started a build thread with this stuff aside from what's in this thread? You need to if not, because this thing is going to be impressive and very deserving of its own build thread! Good luck man!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote