Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #57
AG1LE

Drives: AG1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
This is mine that I personally wrapped myself to look similar to the Nurburgring Z/28.

Looks great Rick
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #58
pat_t

Drives: #238 Z/28
More (cos I love this thread )

Wild:

Jeff Gordon has had some classics under the 24 car, I think the orange and blue with the neon orange wickerbill would look awesome on a Z/28!

Good thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ations.370824/

Mesmerising:
Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #59
MrcamaroZ28

Drives: 2015 Black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Nice!
Looks great! How much did you pay for your wrap?
MrcamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #60
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Matte White, Gloss Black, Tomato Red

Old 01-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #61
Norris Camaro

Drives: Camaro Z/28
I think wraps are a HUGE waste of time and money. Think about it.
Norris Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 AM   #62
aris

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
I think wraps are a HUGE waste of time and money. Think about it.
to each his own. i think it's one of the few modifications you can't really regret doing - worst case scenario is it protects the paint and you can remove it with a hairdryer when you get tired of it.
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #63
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
to each his own. i think it's one of the few modifications you can't really regret doing - worst case scenario is it protects the paint and you can remove it with a hairdryer when you get tired of it.
Exactly.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #64
Norris Camaro

Maybe to some of you guys who live out in BFE or Iowa then these trendy wraps are cheap but down here in South Florida or the Big Leagues you will easily drop $3-5k so in my opinion it's a scam when you could spend that money on other stuff like Headers or a full exhaust or even a cam .... or even a nice used open style trailer to haul your Z to and from the track.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #65
aris

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
Maybe to some of you guys who live out in BFE or Iowa then these trendy wraps are cheap but down here in South Florida or the Big Leagues you will easily drop $3-5k so in my opinion it's a scam when you could spend that money on other stuff like Headers or a full exhaust or even a cam .... or even a nice used open style trailer to haul your Z to and from the track.
$3-5K is about the norm I think
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:24 AM   #66
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Quote:
LOL thats a good one right there.... I live in the Queen city Charlotte

Miami
City in Florida
Population: 453,579 (2016)

Charlotte
City in North Carolina
Population: 842,051 (2016)
Charlotte /ˈʃɑːrlət/ is the most populous city in the U.S. state of North Carolina. It is the county seat of Mecklenburg County. ... It is the second-largest city in the southeastern United States, just behind Jacksonville, Florida. It is the third-fastest growing major city in the United States.

My wrap was 3K including all jams. Yeah it was worth it and now sits apart from the other 12 Z28s in Charlotte. Yeah its built. Stage 2 Procharger, heads, cam intake, meth injection and more.

Appreciate the opinion as everyone has one. For me, its what I wanted and worked for what I wanted to do. And Id do it again and wasnt a waste of my money. I get bored easy and wanted a change. What else can you do to a car thats almost perfect? Its easily removed and doesnt hurt the value. Oh and Ive got the trailer covered too thanks to Featherlite.

Last edited by roost3r; 01-10-2018 at 11:35 AM.
roost3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #67
OneBadZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Red/AC #56
That's one fine setup Rooster-way to enjoy that Z. I bet Norris will change is tune toward a wrap or at least some sort of paint protection when he sees what those Trofeos can do to our paint.
OneBadZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #68
Norris Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadZ/28 View Post
That's one fine setup Rooster-way to enjoy that Z. I bet Norris will change is tune toward a wrap or at least some sort of paint protection when he sees what those Trofeos can do to our paint.
My Z is banged up. I did intentionally to avoid all the useless expense and headache most of you all go thru. Go right ahead and spend tens of thousands of dollars on silly zainow, stupid wraps, rock guards, meguiars, zymol, microfiber towels, buffers, pads, blow dryers, special lights, special enclosed garage, xpel, bras, etc when at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because it's a Car.

Car Collecting is different ok I understand that, but everyday working guys like most of us your wasting money left and right but knock yourself out and drop 5k for some sticky paper stuck to your nice Camaro.

It's not my thing.

Last edited by Norris Camaro; 01-10-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #69
Norris Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roost3r View Post
I live in the Queen city Charlotte.

Miami
City in Florida
Population: 453,579 (2016)

Charlotte
City in North Carolina
Population: 842,051 (2016)

Charlotte is the most populous city in the U.S. state of North Carolina. It is the county seat of Mecklenburg County ... It is the second-largest city in the southeastern United States, just behind Jacksonville, Florida. It is the third-fastest growing major city in the United States.

My wrap was 3K including all jams.
Your Camaro Z/28 and your Featherlite trailer is tops! But like I said you reside in lower cost of living area. I reside in one of the most expensive areas real estate wise in the world. Wraps in Naples and southwest Florida are double what NC is, so I'm guessing the same wrap would cost at least $5k and you mansion would be triple here. However, I just don't see the allure of sticking some thin sticky paper film on your car to make some kind of statement when at the end of the day it's just sticky film and smelly glue not to mention the hassle of removal but it's your ride bro so whatever.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #70
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Your Camaro Z/28 and your Featherlite trailer is tops! But like I said you reside in lower cost of living area. I reside in one of the most expensive areas real estate wise in the world. Wraps in Naples and southwest Florida are double what NC is, so I'm guessing the same wrap would cost at least $5k and you mansion would be triple here. However, I just don't see the allure of sticking some thin sticky paper film on your car to make some kind of statement when at the end of the day it's just sticky film and smelly glue not to mention the hassle of removal but it's your ride bro so whatever.
Sorry for the novel everyone but stay with me for some fun

Avg Salary for Miami per the Googles = ~$50K
Median Salary for Charlotte per the Googles = ~$31K - $40K(depends what site you look at)

So that's roughly 22% difference if you go for the higher number of $40k in Charlotte.

Also according to the Googles it cost roughly 18% less to live in Charlotte vs Miami. So if my math is correct Miami still has about a 4% advantage.

From the limited stuff I could find on the interwebs it also appears that a wrap is a wrap no matter where you live. With that said the avg wrap is anywhere from $800-$4000 depending on type of vehicle, coverage amount and the complexity of the installation. But just for arguments sake let's say that the avg wrap takes about 8 hours to install(per the google interwebs).

The avg person works about 2080 a year.

Hourly rates for the avg salaries above:
Miami = $24hr
Charlotte = $19hr

Take those rates and multiply by the avg time it takes to install.
8hr * $24 = $192 labor
8hr * $19 = $152 labor

Granted these are just averages and everyone knows that no company charges you the actual workers labor rate. Just trying to put some examples together to show that it doesn't matter if you live in Charlotte, Miami or BFE. Most places charge the same rate for the same services on automobiles. I know if I fly to Miami to buy a Ferrari it's gonna cost me the same as it would in Charlotte(or it should).

So what do all these numbers mean?? Absolutely NOTHING! I haven't personally shopped for a wrap in either city but it appears that neither have you so at this point we are both just speculating. I just had fun googling and got a good laugh.

I'm not sure what you considered a mansion but I found comparable houses in both locations for about $3.5milly. Oh and the one in Miami was Water Front.... so I think that's the better deal as opposed to living in a "regular" neighborhood.

I'd love to see your "banged" car just so we have another comparison of what the avg guy in Miami drives vs what the avg guy in "lower cost of living area" drives
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote