Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
WINGNUT1

Drives: 2013 SW 1LE 2SS/RS
BMR 1” drop ?

I just finished swapping out the stock rear springs to the 1” BMRs. After I got the tires back on I was pretty happy with the stance of the car as is and I’m opting to wait to install the front BMR Springs. My question: is there anyone else running that setup AND if so how do you like it? Pros versus cons? My main concern is will this combination upset the spring rate/handling? Thx, CHEERS!
WINGNUT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
joepeinado

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP
Also interested in this! Any pics brother?
joepeinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
WINGNUT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeinado View Post
Also interested in this! Any pics brother?
Name:  0C8A647E-EB6D-4E67-B9D6-1C56C40A86C5.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  156.7 KB

Name:  0749903F-CD64-47E9-BC8F-FE796965E290.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  211.0 KB

Name:  D2FB408E-3103-4DED-A9A6-DD9905BD4FA7.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  93.8 KB

Here’s a few, these are during and after pics. Sorry the wheel shot is one it’s side. It’s just about an even gap all the way around with only swapping the rears. Have to see once it settles completely if it makes the back end look heavy. I took her out yesterday after the install and the ride wasn’t much different, which it good news! My goal was to keep the ride as good or better than stock and so far so good!
Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
probably could have gone with 1.25 drop. Looks great though.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
WINGNUT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
probably could have gone with 1.25 drop. Looks great though.
Thanks, I’m happy with the way it turned out.
‘13 1LE 2SS/RS W/ NPP: Billet Aluminum Racing Pedals from SRPracing / ZL1 Rocket Panels from Gary’s Customs / LED Fog Lights from Diode Dynamics / Matte Black Bow Ties from Summit Racing / BMR 1” Lowering Springs from JDP Motorsports / XPEL Paint Protection from Music City Window Tint / GM Performance Z/28 CAI from Summit Racing
Old 02-06-2018, 12:57 AM   #6
joepeinado

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP
Nice! I like it, interested how it will settle in the next couple of weeks. Keep us updated with that, as I am planning on lowering the back only if it looks good enough
joepeinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #7
WINGNUT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeinado View Post
Nice! I like it, interested how it will settle in the next couple of weeks. Keep us updated with that, as I am planning on lowering the back only if it looks good enough
will do!
‘13 1LE 2SS/RS W/ NPP: Billet Aluminum Racing Pedals from SRPracing / ZL1 Rocket Panels from Gary’s Customs / LED Fog Lights from Diode Dynamics / Matte Black Bow Ties from Summit Racing / BMR 1” Lowering Springs from JDP Motorsports / XPEL Paint Protection from Music City Window Tint / GM Performance Z/28 CAI from Summit Racing
Old 02-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #8
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
I've had the 1" for some time now. Like the setup but will be lower hopefully this year on coilovers.
Attached Images

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #9
WINGNUT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksynergy View Post
I've had the 1" for some time now. Like the setup but will be lower hopefully this year on coilovers.
Looks awesome! Did you lower all 4 corners? I’ve done the rears for now but may do the fronts if I don’t like the ride quality with the current setup.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #10
jksynergy

Yes. All four corners are the 1” drop. Rides great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Old 02-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #11
1lehunter

Drives: 2013 1le 2ss rs black
Quote:

How do they compare on the track, road coarse ? I just put Koni yellows in last year and I’m not ready to spend the coin on coil overs

I’m looking at these ones,
BMR Camaro SS Lowering Spring Kit, Set Of 4, 1.0" Drop #SP019

* Fits 2010-2015 Camaro V8 Coupe Models (SS, 1LE, ZL1) - DOES NOT FIT Convertible models

2015 Redesign:
The SP019R product has been redesigned. The top coil of the front spring has been altered to better allow the strut mount to sit on the front spring. The spring rate and the drop distance remain the same.

Lowering the center of gravity not only provides visual appeal, it also dramatically improves the handling ability of your Camaro. BMR lowering springs are specifically designed to provide optimal handling without sacrificing ride quality. Our extensive development time produced what we feel to be the optimal rates for this application. By using a 220 lb/in front spring and a 460 lb/in rear spring the car responds with a firm yet comfortable ride with much improved handling character

1lehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #12
jksynergy

They are just fine on the road course. Better than the Peddars lowering springs as the rates are higher. I’m going cool overs as part of an r&d program with testing of multiple spring rates and other parts. Should be a fun experiment

Old 02-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #13
1lehunter

Drives: 2013 1le 2ss rs black
Quote:
They are just fine on the road course. Better than the Peddars lowering springs as the rates are higher. I’m going cool overs as part of an r&d program with testing of multiple spring rates and other parts. Should be a fun experiment

Thanks ,
That's what I was hoping for firmer on the track lower CG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1lehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #14
WINGNUT1

Quote:

thx!!