Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Stability trac on DIC!

Anyone have an idea why my service stability trac light comes on, and so does all the trac control lights, and the rpm gauge doesn't move, and the car runs rough as hell?????

It'll do it one day, the next run fine, then it might just do it once in a days time and run fine the rest of the day!!!

In case you need to know, it's a 416 stroker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
CamaroLoco

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Anyone have an idea why my service stability trac light comes on, and so does all the trac control lights, and the rpm gauge doesn't move, and the car runs rough as hell?????

It'll do it one day, the next run fine, then it might just do it once in a days time and run fine the rest of the day!!!

In case you need to know, it's a 416 stroker!

I had the same problem. Read a bunch of threads from guys having the same problem and the fix was different for everyone, loose plug, plug wire, short in the wiring harness, bad coil pack. One guy said he changed his battery. Mine operating on the low end so I changed it. I didn't know if that was the fix but I didn't have a problem for a year.
Then it started up again. Seemed like it would happen once it had run for a while and was hot. Tach would go dead and run like it was missing. It was throwing Crank Position Sensor codes as well as Cat Bank1 & 2 codes. Nobody seemed to know what was causing it. It was getting ridiculous.
Found a shop in town, J&R Performance. The owner (Rick) worked for GM for several years and bought one of the first 2010's. He goes by the handle "Urr2slo" here on the forum if you want to contact him.
He peeped it out. It was the starter. It was operating within specified parameters but it was operating on the low end. He could see how it was trying draw power and in the process, it was shutting down the tach.
Anyway, it's been a couple of weeks and he drove the car and it didn't happen again. It hasn't happened to me and I've been driving the mess out of it. At the time I took it to him, it was happening pretty much after every drive. I would have to let it set for 10 min or so before it would start up without the stabilitrak light.
I hope that your fix is just as easy. It's really annoying. Good luck.
CamaroLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
As far as the Stabilitrac lights, it may be caused by the engine running rough. The engine is considered a part of the Stability Control system. I've had this light come on for a miss fire detection. You should also get a Service Engine light with this since the engine is running rough.

For the intermittent rough running, could be a loose harness plug/connector or ground somewhere. Scan the PCM for codes. Good luck.
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #4
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLoco View Post

I had the same problem. Read a bunch of threads from guys having the same problem and the fix was different for everyone, loose plug, plug wire, short in the wiring harness, bad coil pack. One guy said he changed his battery. Mine operating on the low end so I changed it. I didn't know if that was the fix but I didn't have a problem for a year.

Then it started up again. Seemed like it would happen once it had run for a while and was hot. Tach would go dead and run like it was missing. It was throwing Crank Position Sensor codes as well as Cat Bank1 & 2 codes. Nobody seemed to know what was causing it. It was getting ridiculous.

Found a shop in town, J&R Performance. The owner (Rick) worked for GM for several years and bought one of the first 2010's. He goes by the handle "Urr2slo" here on the forum if you want to contact him.

He peeped it out. It was the starter. It was operating within specified parameters but it was operating on the low end. He could see how it was trying draw power and in the process, it was shutting down the tach.

Anyway, it's been a couple of weeks and he drove the car and it didn't happen again. It hasn't happened to me and I've been driving the mess out of it. At the time I took it to him, it was happening pretty much after every drive. I would have to let it set for 10 min or so before it would start up without the stabilitrak light.

I hope that your fix is just as easy. It's really annoying. Good luck.

Sounds exactly like what mine is/has been doing! I also get the crank sensor warning also! Not every time but some one times!

Guess I need get another battery and replace the starter!

Old 09-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Just to add to this thread-I had same issues-swapped starter and problem went away
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Mine did this as well. I was running both stock and RX catch cans, it turns out the stock catch can was sucking air in at one of the connections.