Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
ChuckD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Pedders Xa Coilovers Installed

Last weekend I installed the Pedders Xa Coilovers. Below are photos and feedback on the installation process.

The job took a bit longer than expected, but with the right tools on hand it would have gone a lot faster.

Photos with 644 mm Front and 665 mm Rear:

I may raise the front by 5mm and drop the rear by 5 mm. I'm having some trouble with driveways.

I have the struts set at 16/14. The extra damping is really not that noticeable unless you hit a pothole or other rough spot in the road. I was quite pleased with the overall handling and ride quality.

I did hear some noise coming from the front suspension on my first drive into work, but it's been quiet ever since. I figure the suspension was settling.

Installation Feedback

1) Clevice bolts are PITA... needed two breaker bars and two 24 mm sockets (one needs to be a deep socket).

2) Had to buy a 24 mm open-end wrench for the nut on top of the strut tower.

3) The instructions don't specify to remove the yellow foam-on-steel insulator. (this has been covered in another forum posting, shown below)

Yellow Insulator

What is shown in the instructions:

(don't install the indicated component, whether it's black or yellow)

4) Front strut measurement locations should have pictures for clarity. As important as this measurement is, it should be crystal clear as to where the measurement points are. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Perhaps, something like this:

5) Rear suspension: Instead of prying the strut out of the lower control arm, I found it far easier to just disconnect the lower control arm at it's outer end (strut will drop right out)

6) I had no problem with disassembly of the OEM springs without a spring compressor. I heard it pop, but the spring and strut pretty much stayed in place. (my foot was planted on the strut mount)

7) The instructions DON'T show the drilling location for the rear adjuster. Only half the image is showing in the instructions. I had to search the forums to find the appropriate drilling location.
(NOTE: I later realized that in the bottom of the instructions, the section about the commodore installation, there is a complete picture of the drilling location.)

(I understand it has since been changed to 28 mm, not 25 mm)

Last edited by ChuckD; 04-17-2011 at 07:13 PM.
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Welcome to the pedders family. Make sure you time your bushings and get a good alligment
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Great looking stance. Lowering really makes it look like a completely different car.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
Welcome to the pedders family. Make sure you time your bushings and get a good alligment
+1
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
BuddhaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Nice
BuddhaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Talk about diggin' up an old thread.

But...thanks, because this info might prove useful. Thanks to Rob at Wretched Motorsports I'm gettin' Pedderized.

Xa coilovers, sways (including rear ZL1 update) and bushings are on the way.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Talk about diggin' up an old thread.

But...thanks, because this info might prove useful. Thanks to Rob at Wretched Motorsports I'm gettin' Pedderized.

Xa coilovers, sways (including rear ZL1 update) and bushings are on the way.
Nice! That'll really change up the feel of your car.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Looking forward to it! Come on spring.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Looking forward to it! Come on spring.
+1
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
hows the ride quality on the XA's? for daily driven car?
I'm lowered on springs only and I hate its guts!
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #11
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Does this require the Fe4 upgrade prior? How does it compare to the 1LE package?
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Didn't know you could get xa's in the US anymore as they are out of business here
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #13
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Didn't know you could get xa's in the US anymore as they are out of business here
Pedders USA is back as of last fall. They are using a different business model, so i wouldn't expect to have anyone from Pedders on the forums here.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:00 PM   #14
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Pedders USA is back as of last fall. They are using a different business model, so i wouldn't expect to have anyone from Pedders on the forums here.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote