Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Engine Light/Codes and sputtering within RPM range

So I've been having codes being thrown lately after I did a cam install, and after clearing it, it comes back again. Getting P2099, P015D, P015B. Camaro also car sputters from 2000-3000RPM range and backfires during acceleration between that RPM range.

talked to tuner and he says to check the o2 sensor wires and sensor, saying it must be a bad sensor and to replace the upstream o2 Sensors/extensions and it should fix it.

I also notice on the rear o2 sensors, which i think should be turned off by default in the tune?, (Cam, LT headers/catless, CAI) on the passenger side (bank 2) the rear o2 sensor is fine but the wire on the car side (engine harness side), is cut clean through. The wire that is cut is Pin A - TN - Low Signal bank 2 Sensor wire. I attached a pic for reference. Wondering if that would be the cause? dont think so but if it could be, would soldering the wire back together again work or would it throw the resistance off? (Again its on the engine wire harness side, not the o2 sensor) so replacing it isnt easy at all. Pic attached for reference

Anyone know if what my tuner said is the correct line of action? I dont want to spend thecash on 1 or 2 new o2 sensors only to see it not be the solution and be back at square 1.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2020, 07:09 AM   #2
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Any update on this?