Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Updated the initial post with better pictures.

Looks like there were 6 total there, 2 silver, 3 RJTC, 1 ABM.
Awesome. I am able to read the dirst cars are car numbers 1,2,3 & 4!!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #30
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Yeah i want an SS/RS as well and i like the Fog Lamps + DRL Pakring Lights better than just the halogen fog lamps running...

Anybody else find it weird that teh headlights are HID which have a "Blue Tint" and the fogs are still going to be that ugly Yellow?
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #31
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo49 View Post
see the difference in wheel color between the two rjt's? the first is the rs with the midnight steel or whatever its called lol and the other is polished.
With the bigger pics, you can really see the difference. Like the tail lights, not enough difference for me. Too bad the RS wheels aren't black chrome or something sleek like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #32
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
Impossible to tell 100% in the pics but I think the 6th Camaro looks darker than ABM. I think it could be Imperial Blue Metallic.

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
6 Camaros and the one behind the last one looks either like a G8 GT or is a G8 GXP test car.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The first 2 are RS/SS cars. First car is probably running and the second is not. DRL's on RS cars are the fog lights. The last 2 cars are non RS cars so that's why the last car has the DRL's in the parking lights. He probably has the fog light switch turned on (I do the same thing in my 4th gen - looks cool). Can't explain car number 3 though...
My theory is that the non-RS cars use high beams as DRL's. That's how my Monte Carlo is. The reason I say that is the headlights are the only lights on in car 3 (pretty much impossible to do), the headlight look really bright and lastly why would chevy change the location of the DRL for the RS if the non-RS uses the amber trun signals. Having the ambers on would have nothing to do with the HID, but if the highbeam is the DRL it wouldn't be wise to keep an HID on all the time so then the DRL was moved to the fod lights.
My idea:
1. RS running and in gear w/DRL on
2. RS not running DRL off
3. Standard SS running and in gear w/ DRL on
4. Standard SS running w/ parking and fog lights on.
5. RS running w/ lights on and fod lights off.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
6 Camaros and the one behind the last one looks either like a G8 GT or is a G8 GXP test car.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #36
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo49 View Post
see the difference in wheel color between the two rjt's? the first is the rs with the midnight steel or whatever its called lol and the other is polished.
I agree that the first two SS/RS have the midnight silver wheels; however I think the other SS cars have the standard sterling silver wheels. They don't look to have enough shine to be polished.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #37
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
My theory is that the non-RS cars use high beams as DRL's. That's how my Monte Carlo is. The reason I say that is the headlights are the only lights on in car 3 (pretty much impossible to do), the headlight look really bright and lastly why would chevy change the location of the DRL for the RS if the non-RS uses the amber trun signals. Having the ambers on would have nothing to do with the HID, but if the highbeam is the DRL it wouldn't be wise to keep an HID on all the time so then the DRL was moved to the fod lights.
My idea:
1. RS running and in gear w/DRL on
2. RS not running DRL off
3. Standard SS running and in gear w/ DRL on
4. Standard SS running w/ parking and fog lights on.
5. RS running w/ lights on and fod lights off.

Well parking lights are the DRL's for non RS cars so your theory #3 can't be correct. Perhaps #3 has it's headlights on and we don't notice that the parking lights are on. Car #4 parking lights are too bright for them not to be DRL's. Car #4 looks great btw - has a very mean look.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #38
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
here's a crappy resize, best I could do.

I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Fifth-gens. Looks like maybe an older Corvette and possibly a 2nd-gen Camaro behind that. Looks like there may be even a first-gen at the very back of the pack.

Can anyone see better than me?

I was just about to point that out.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #39
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I was just about to point that out.
6 5th gens followed by a G8. An old 'burb and a red jeep Cherokee parked behind them.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #40
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
here's a crappy resize, best I could do.

I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Fifth-gens. Looks like maybe an older Corvette and possibly a 2nd-gen Camaro behind that. Looks like there may be even a first-gen at the very back of the pack.

Can anyone see better than me?

Good eye!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #41
Wycked

Drives: 01 Lincoln Contiental
I spotted a production model last week at the local eatery. When I went to the dealer and asked about it, it was stated that the car was on its way to showing, but would not say where.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #42
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Looks like 6 Camaro's to me. Looks like a aqua blue one behind the RJT RS in the second group. Also we get a good look at the difference between RS and non-RS daytime running lights. Look at the first SS, the fog lights are on and the parking lights are off. The third SS the high beams are on and the parking lights are off.
x2, that's what I thought too (about a sixth one)

EDIT: whoops, sorry, needed to keep reading Looks like we've already agreed there are six...

As to the sixth being IBM, I don't necessarily agree; I think the ABM was much darker than I thought it would be, and these were taken in overcast weather, so it could easily be the ABM.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote