Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Sharp is the only company that cuts the glass for the front of the screens. ALL of the other companies source the glass from them. I have 3 Sharp Aquos TV's and will be buying a 4th when I upgrade (again) in the family room.

Get something that is 3D capible. The refresh rate on that screen is much better than the non 3D processors. I believe they are getting ready to launch a new processor and the existing units will take a price drop by Thanksgiving if you can wait that long.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
I bought a 60" Vizio 1080HD 120HZ LED TV from WalMart on the Thangsgiving night special. Mine is working fine and I could not beat the price, which I think was $688.

Buying less than state of the art, allows you to upgrade more often which resluts in a better TV due to the improvements made. Just my 2 cents.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I say go with Samsung or Sharp. I have 2 Samsungs and the picture is nice, crisp, and clear. Also, the Sharps that I have seen on display at the stores have a really good picture too!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #18
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
My .02 is Samsung or Sharp. A guy at best buy told me that Vizio is Sony's that didn't make the cut or had problems and had to be fixed before leaving the manufacture. Don't know if there is any truth behind that though

That's pretty funny that some guy at Best Buy is feeding people crap like that.

IMO if you want a nice TV but don't want to break the bank, get a Vizio. They have really stepped up their quality as of late and the 55" LED Smart TV I have is awesome. But if you really want the best and don't mind spending the cash then get a Samsung, they make the best flat screen TV's IMO.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Alright boys and girls. I'm in the market for a new Tv. Looking @ at 70", LED, 3D with 240 refresh rate. Want to stay under 3k. Looked at the sharp, vizio, Samsung and few others. Some input from y'all would be appreciated...
First off Vizio makes a fine TV and the are afforadable not cheap as some have stated. I have five flat panels throughout my house... several different brands. My 42 inch vizio has been in my bedroom over 6 years and I have never had a problem. They do make a 70 inch now I believe. I choose to go with the Sharp 70 inch in my great room and love it. Just make sure with a screen that big it has atleast a 240 refresh rate. I think all are now 1080p at that size. Samsumg makes a nice panel too. I have two 51 inch plasma in my basement. The advantage to the plasma over my LED's is the contrast... truer blacks. Other than that there are a lot of choices out there.

This is my 70in Sharp. I love it so far.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
Don't buy a Vizio. Cheap upfront cost but long term they just aren't as reliable. I stick to Panasonic and plasma but that limits you to 65". I'm looking at the Sharp LED for my next setup. Waiting for 80" to get reasonable.
Plasmas are nice, but the downside I have found is if you have to much light/windows in the room that it is going in. I have two in my basement and there are great because of the contrast ratio that a plasma provides over an LED/LCD. In my upstairs I could never get away with a plasma though... to many window/light = glair and reflection on screen.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have a 55" LG LED 3d TV. It's cool watching 3D movies on it. Igot the largest screen I could get and it still fit in my space I had. I got it at a time when that model was being phased out and replaced with a new one. It originally cost $2,400, I got it for $1,200.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #22
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
Plasmas are nice, but the downside I have found is if you have to much light/windows in the room that it is going in. I have two in my basement and there are great because of the contrast ratio that a plasma provides over an LED/LCD. In my upstairs I could never get away with a plasma though... to many window/light = glair and reflection on screen.
My Panasonic is very bright and I have floor to ceiling windows with 25' ceilings. I'd still like LED though to get to 80" or even 90" if they ever get below $5k (wishful thinking i fear). For the record I've never owned a Vizio. I read up in consumer reports and AVS forums. Panasonic seems to always perform well and Vizio is considered 2nd tier by both. I have 3 Panasonics and 1 Mitsibishi. I have yet to have an issue. If it was a budget issue I'd definitely consider the Vizio and just extend the warranty.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote