Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #43
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
why paint the whole car? i would just do the repair, and have the shop redo your front and maybe the hood. i hope the frame wasnt damaged on your car
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #44
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Because of the damage I imagine I'll have to keep this car a long time. A GOOD paint job with no orange peel and repairing the chipped gills and other minor dings would go a long way to making it a newer car in my mind. I think my original paint was pretty good for a factory job, but it could be better. It rreally depends on how much a complete paint job costs. The only part of the car they will have to blend is the rear quarter panel and roof pillar area, and while black is pretty hard to mismatch I wouldn't want to risk seeing a color shift or difference in appearance due to angle, light, etc.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #45
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Man that sucks! Glad y'all are okay though. I'm guessing it will be totaled. Tough break having the dipsh*t with the high beams on blinding you but... you should not have turned while being blinded by the light. I guess you know that now - lesson learned. I truly hope things work out well for you.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #46
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
... A GOOD paint job ..... would go a long way to making it a newer car in my mind....... I wouldn't want to risk seeing a color shift or difference in appearance due to angle, light, etc.
If its not totaled I would repaint the whole car. It shouldn't cost that much more to paint the rest of the car unless you do a color change.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #47
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm glad your okay and your expensive aftermarket forgelines weren't on your car man that sucks hope you get your claim sorted out fast and back on the road.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #48
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Get it repaired and trade it off. Then you will have a newer car, and peace of mind.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #49
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
Get it repaired and trade it off. Then you will have a newer car, and peace of mind.
And do it FAST! Before the CarFax gets logged.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #50
My 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
And do it FAST! Before the CarFax gets logged.
CafFax will have had the data for 6 months by the time I can talk my wife into a new car (ZL-1 LOL). While I'd like all of the new features on the 2014's my 2010 isn't a beater yet, so I'll just keep modding it under the radar and drive with a grin.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #51
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
looking at your pictures again, it actually doesn't look that bad. new door, and probably cut out rear quarter panel. other than that, doesn't appear like there is any structural damage. it also looks like the front fender is unscathed, and no glass is broken. I actually wouldn't be too concerned about driving it, or loss in value.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #52
My 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Man that sucks! Glad y'all are okay though. I'm guessing it will be totaled. Tough break having the dipsh*t with the high beams on blinding you but... you should not have turned while being blinded by the light. I guess you know that now - lesson learned. I truly hope things work out well for you.
I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why I never saw the guy coming straight through the intersection. It just dawned on me that the guy with the brights may have been the guy who hit me. If so, he went straight through the intersection from the left turn lane, and probably changed his mind at the last second and veered right to go straight through. If he did I don't know how I can prove it--unless some of the nearby businesses have security cameras that overlook the intersection.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #53
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why I never saw the guy coming straight through the intersection. It just dawned on me that the guy with the brights may have been the guy who hit me. If so, he went straight through the intersection from the left turn lane, and probably changed his mind at the last second and veered right to go straight through. If he did I don't know how I can prove it--unless some of the nearby businesses have security cameras that overlook the intersection.
I had this happen once (didn't get hit). Guy pulled out of left turn lane as I was turning to go straight. Next thing you know I get pulled over I was like WTF. So in talking with the officer he stated he was behind the car going straight, I said he was in the turning lane didn't he cut in front of you. Officer got pretty mad since I had called him out I guess on what actually what happened and he told me to drive safe and get on my way

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #54
Bruins0213

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro Coupe RS
I am so sorry for your situation =[
Glad to hear you guys are okay though.
Best luck to you.
Bruins0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #55
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Sorry to hear that man. Glad all is okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 AM   #56
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
he went straight through the intersection from the left turn lane,
Had this happen to me, except the jackalope was in the right turn only lane. I ended up giving the moron a one finger wave all the way through.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote