Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #15
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
You need to hit yourself in the balls and say 28 "I love Chevys" and maybe you'll be forgiven.
Thank you Father - I feel forgiven now..!

I'm probably going to need more forgiveness now though... I agree with Chase - the back of the Mustang just doesn't look right:

But from any other angle it looks hot:

...this is where it really gets tricky

The back of the new Mustang isn't pretty, but (forgive me Father) neither is the 2014 Camaro....

let's face it...the Ford designers and Chevy designers probably graduated from the same college...and conformity to the European market (where both of these cars are headed) is killing design (take the new CTS for example).

Yet....the new rear could be made to look GREAT - take a look at this:

..so my feelings are (forgive me Father once again)...could the rear of the new Mustang look good as well once it is jazzed up as a Shelby/302 variant?

I need help here...I'm slipping into pony promiscuity!!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #16
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdition View Post
I need help here...I'm slipping into pony promiscuity!!

Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Not too fond of the front... looks like they stole the Fusion front end, added a Mustang grill. I do like the back end... but the car lost it's retro look.

but I haven't seen it in person yet... always looks different in person and cars often "grow" on you. How many people hated the Chrysler 300 when it first came out? Most people eventually liked it.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
The red car looks great to me!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Fear not your guilt, OP! It's okay. There are lots of cars out there that I like the look of. The '15 Mustang is not one of them though. Hate the glorified Fusion front grille, and have never liked the sloped tail lights. To each their own. I think the Gen5 Camaros are the best looking cars on the road.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Nothing wrong with liking a car that looks good to you. All-in-all, it's not a bad looking car. I think it looks a bit "importy" as compared to the previous version, though. I guess retro-styling is fading out...
Old 02-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #21
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Saw both the Z/28, and the New Mustang at the auto show circuit. Wasn't as thrilled with either as much as I had hoped. Saw the 'Vette, and thought, "yeah maybe, it's great value for the money" and then sat in it. Was shocked by the poor forward visibility. Then I saw the Jaguar Type F coupe. Gorgeous. But again, sitting inside I was shocked by the small rear window in spite of a large window graphic. I want a new performance car, I really do, but nothing has totally grabbed me yet.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #22
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I want a new performance car, I really do, but nothing has totally grabbed me yet.
How bout a Fiesta ST? They have been getting rave reviews and been beating the FRS/BRZ in head to head tests and they invoice for only $19k
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #23
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
I think Ford tried real hard to make it look as close to a Camaro as possible,IMHO.

It looks nothing like a Camaro.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #24
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
It looks nothing like a Camaro.

I feel the same way, I mean besides they both have wheels and seats that's about all the similarities I see. What I find funny is some people say it looks camaroish and then say it's ugly. What I find really funny is the people who have 14 Camaros that say the rear of the new mustang is hideous. Lol. To each his own what looks good to one doesn't look good to another. I could see my self owning one. I just hope the new Camaro looks as good as the new mustang. I'd like to get another new one, but wouldn't be caught dead in a 14.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #25
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
The thing I like the least about my current '12 Mustang is the rear. Too large and disproportionate to the rest of the car. When the '10 was released I loved 3/4 of the car. I thought the smoother lines into the wheel arches over the '05 to '09 cars was a huge improvement, but liked the '05-'09 rear better. The '13/'14 was an improvement, but I didn't like the nose.

Now with the new car, again I like 3/4 of it. I do not like the nose because to me it has too much in common with the rest of the Ford line-up. I love the rear of the car, even after seeing it in person. It ain't ugly to me, but it just doesn't stand out from the rest of Ford's line-up. I'm still buying one for my wife in EcoBoost trim, and maybe I'll get a Mach 1 if it ever appears. Or maybe a 'Cuda if Chrysler decides to get serious about competing with GM and Ford in this area.

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
congrats your not a fanboy, your a carguy
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #27
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
The thing I like the least about my current '12 Mustang is the rear. Too large and disproportionate to the rest of the car. When the '10 was released I loved 3/4 of the car. I thought the smoother lines into the wheel arches over the '05 to '09 cars was a huge improvement, but liked the '05-'09 rear better. The '13/'14 was an improvement, but I didn't like the nose.

Now with the new car, again I like 3/4 of it. I do not like the nose because to me it has too much in common with the rest of the Ford line-up. I love the rear of the car, even after seeing it in person. It ain't ugly to me, but it just doesn't stand out from the rest of Ford's line-up. I'm still buying one for my wife in EcoBoost trim, and maybe I'll get a Mach 1 if it ever appears. Or maybe a 'Cuda if Chrysler decides to get serious about competing with GM and Ford in this area.
true car guy! We have an 05 mineral grey with back stripes

I think the 2015 will look better on the road with different visual enhancements
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #28
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I saw a photo of a Fusion with a grille delete and lowered on some better wheels, thought it looked good.

The 15 Mustang is a much more aggressive take on the design that both were modeled after, it has definite potential.

I see base 13/14 Mustangs that just don't do anything for me while other models are great. (Same could be said for the 5th gen camaro...think the base model with steel wheels is just sinful but the higher the model the more appealing they become)
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote