Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
craigk

Drives: 2012 SS L99
My audio upgrade

I have 2012 SS L99. Didn't want anything crazy. Here in north TX theres a place called Toby Corp. Hes an audio engineer that researches, tests, & builds speakers. He hand built the dipole audio system for Bass Hall. They host the Fort Worth Symphony.
The guy is incredible. You go in his shop and he will give you a tour of everything. The workshop, the displays and demos everything.
If you want a home audio system he will build you whatever.
Only limited by your $.
He finally started making car audio, actually many years ago, and the results were, literally award winning. For $350 I got a 10" in a tuned box. On his site its called the sheriff. At the time he had a prototype, the long throw sheriff which I bought. Still have plenty of trunk space. His speakers are so frigging clear and this one only required 200 watts. Got me an Alpine amp, new for under $200 and shes slammen. I can play ANY type of music and it sounds great. If I want bass, I can rattle the neighbors doors, and clear as a bell. Not that trashy banging noise. I did add a bass volume control knob to the amp so I can adjust for different types of music. Didn't have to upgrade any other part of the audio system.
Unfortunately Toby's health, from what I understand, isn't the best and his apprentice, which has been with him for many years, has taken over daily operations. I forget his name, but same service and knowledge. He demo'd the speaker in his car for me. If your in Fort Worth you gotta go. BTW, they only sell & build (Hand build each unit in house) speakers. No amps etc.. He also allows you to trade in your Toby equipment to upgrade
craigk is offline   Reply With Quote