Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The way it should be.

Got a call from my daughters boyfriend and he wanted to come and see me. Well he asked for my permission if he could marry my daughter. NOW that is how it should be for all you other young men out there wanting to marry some ones daughter. I said yes he could and ended the conversation by telling him I loved him and welcome to my family.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I have the same plan for when my time to ask for a lady's hand in marriage comes upon.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I did did the same 3 years ago except I talked to both her parents, not just her dad. Talk about nervous! lol. It all worked out though!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I took my father in law out for a round of golf, and when we finished up I told him how I felt about his daughter, and asked for his permission for her hand in marriage. He said "Its about time". lol Its not like we dated forever before marriage....3 years or so.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Scott.....YES, that IS the way it should be done, without a doubt! as there are some of the "old ways" that should never be changed.....as in reality, it all boils down to RESPECT!

IN FACT..... not all that long ago, I got remarried, obviously her folks had passed some time ago, so What I did was I ask her children's permission. and it all worked out!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #6
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
While I think it is really cool when a man asks a father for permission to marry his daughter, I am not sure it is that important.

What I would hope for is that he has sincerely thought about what marriage means, and your daughter has done the same, and that they are truely in love.

I think way too many young people today are worried about being cool by having the "perfect" engagement and "perfect" marriage.

What matters is "honoring" the vows they take, and that they stay in love!

Just my 2 cents.

I wish them all the best!!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
I did the same thing when I wanted to marry my wife.
We celebrate our 17th anniversary this summer.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
My wifes parents asked me when I was going to marry their daughter. I guess they liked me. But yeah, that was cool of him to ask you. Sounds like you have a great son in law coming to the family. I wish them all the best.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Wait. So my plan of walking in drunk with no pants on and yelling "Mornin Pops, it's 5am, have a brewski!" is not going to show her father that I live life on my own indomitable terms, thus making me prime husband material?!

Oh snap. I need to turn the car around.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Wait. So my plan of walking in drunk with no pants on and yelling "Mornin Pops, it's 5am, have a brewski!" is not going to show her father that I live life on my own indomitable terms, thus making me prime husband material?!

Chris you crack me up all the time.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #11
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Op,
you missed one vital and important step-
You MUST challenge this young suitor to single combat, make sure he is both worthy of, and can adequately protect your daughter as they wander through the twisted wasteland that is marriage.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #12
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Op,
you missed one vital and important step-
You MUST challenge this young suitor to single combat, make sure he is both worthy of, and can adequately protect your daughter as they wander through the twisted wasteland that is marriage.

Congrats OP!!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:

Try it! you never know. Just make sure to video it so we can all share in your moment....or pain, whatever.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #14
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
You never know, maybe her parents are swingers and will invite you to join them on their next foray