Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #1
MonroeZ28

Drives: 15 z28 white
Track settings

Going to Lime Rock this Saturday for first track day. Not my first track day but first with the Z. How do you get the car into the different track settings? I keep pushing the TC button but it only seems to go to on or off. I read that you should start out in setting #3 but cant figure out how to get there? Also, how does the lap timer work on the car? Is it only a stopwatch that you have to keep resetting after every lap or is this car equipped with a transponder for lap time. Im sure these answers are in the owners manual but whose got the time to read that novel
MonroeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:21 AM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Easy. Press the 3rd button on the right 2 times.
That lights up 2 lights on dash.
Use the 1st button for down modes, use the second for up modes.
The dash shows your mode.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
ZapperZ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE 2022 GMC AT4 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Easy. Press the 3rd button on the right 2 times.
That lights up 2 lights on dash.
Use the 1st button for down modes, use the second for up modes.
The dash shows your mode.
And how to exit after making choice?
ZapperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
VegasZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Double press right button again.
VegasZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
bowtieman_racin

Drives: 2015 camaro z28
Press the TC button again and you will be back in normal mode. Or when you shut the key off the car goes back to normal with traction and all handling on.
bowtieman_racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
On YouTube there's a video for the ZL1 that Chevy put out instructing on how to prep your car for the track and how to use the PTM modes. I believe it's pretty similar to the Z/28.

RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #7
Og Neon
Lover of Speed

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapperZ View Post
And how to exit after making choice?
You don't exit...after you make your choice, you just leave it alone and after like 5 sec the screen will return to where ever you were.
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #8
MiniBig

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #398
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonroeZ28 View Post
Also, how does the lap timer work on the car? Is it only a stopwatch that you have to keep resetting after every lap or is this car equipped with a transponder for lap time. Im sure these answers are in the owners manual but whose got the time to read that novel

I read through the manual and saw nothing on the lap timer, I can only get it to work one lap at a time.
MiniBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #9
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Leave the lap timer alone and concentrate on driving. It is a fairly clunky interface. The menu button is for the lap and the button on the stalk is the start/stop. Hold in the stalk button for a few secs to reset. Use an iPhone/Android lap timer like Track Addict or Harry's Lap Timer. PTM modes help a bunch. I suggest leaving the car in PTM 3 unless you are extremely confident.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #10
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Going to Lime Rock this Saturday for first track day. Not my first track day but first with the Z. How do you get the car into the different track settings? I keep pushing the TC button but it only seems to go to on or off. I read that you should start out in setting #3 but cant figure out how to get there? Also, how does the lap timer work on the car? Is it only a stopwatch that you have to keep resetting after every lap or is this car equipped with a transponder for lap time. Im sure these answers are in the owners manual but whose got the time to read that novel
Several have answered your question, but I have one for you.

Is this your first road course outing?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
MonroeZ28

No it's not my first road coarse track day. I've actually been to Lime Rock a half a dozen times already but always in my C5 Z06. Although I had the corvette was lowered and had big sway bars it definitely drove like a street car with lots of body roll and average brakes. I'm really excited about going in the Z28 with the CC brakes and sick suspension with no body roll.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
JusticePete

Quote:
No it's not my first road coarse track day. I've actually been to Lime Rock a half a dozen times already but always in my C5 Z06. Although I had the corvette was lowered and had big sway bars it definitely drove like a street car with lots of body roll and average brakes. I'm really excited about going in the Z28 with the CC brakes and sick suspension with no body roll.
Very cool. I look forward to picture and video!!!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #13
MonroeZ28

Went to Limrock yesterday. I was able to run the first half hour session at 9:30 am and then the rain came and I ran 1 session in the rain before I left for the day. Observations from my limited on track time: Car is noticeably heavier from than a corvette. The weight was most evident to me in the short S section leading into No Name Straight. The quick back and forth made the car very unsettled and took some getting used to. That was my only complaint. The positives: The brakes were phenomenal and it was incredible to be able to brake at 300 instead of 5 or 600 which I normally would brake on the main straight in my Z06. The auto blip worked perfectly in that turn also. (I had previously flat spotted a set of R6s in my z06 that I could not heel toe correctly in either) The torque is in LS7 was incredible on track and the #3 setting on the active handling worked really well modulating the throttle. It wasn't annoying either like it was in my C5 Z06 when I would forget to shut it off on track. My next session I was gonna try out the 4 setting in the AH but it rained so I left all nannies on which worked good too. I'm not sure if anyone else on this forum has tracked their Z28 at Limerock but I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on their experience there? I think my next track day is gonna be at a bigger track like the Glen where I think this car is more focused toward with all the torque and horsepower.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #14
JusticePete

Quote:
Went to Limrock yesterday. I was able to run the first half hour session at 9:30 am and then the rain came and I ran 1 session in the rain before I left for the day. Observations from my limited on track time: Car is noticeably heavier from than a corvette. The weight was most evident to me in the short S section leading into No Name Straight. The quick back and forth made the car very unsettled and took some getting used to. That was my only complaint. The positives: The brakes were phenomenal and it was incredible to be able to brake at 300 instead of 5 or 600 which I normally would brake on the main straight in my Z06. The auto blip worked perfectly in that turn also. (I had previously flat spotted a set of R6s in my z06 that I could not heel toe correctly in either) The torque is in LS7 was incredible on track and the #3 setting on the active handling worked really well modulating the throttle. It wasn't annoying either like it was in my C5 Z06 when I would forget to shut it off on track. My next session I was gonna try out the 4 setting in the AH but it rained so I left all nannies on which worked good too. I'm not sure if anyone else on this forum has tracked their Z28 at Limerock but I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on their experience there? I think my next track day is gonna be at a bigger track like the Glen where I think this car is more focused toward with all the torque and horsepower.
Very cool! What alignment specs did you run?