Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Convertible trunk block-off Panel; Spring project

Completed a block-0ff panel for my convertible. Wanted to block off the back half of trunk to keep items out of sight and out from under the car /sidewalk at shows. Idle hands and all....

Name:  IMG_20170503_191502915c.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  132.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20170503_191026431b.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  111.0 KB
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Completed a block-0ff panel for my convertible. Wanted to block off the back half of trunk to keep items out of sight and out from under the car /sidewalk at shows. Idle hands and all....

Attachment 869923

Attachment 869924
That looks great , this is what I wanted to do also . What did youmake it out of ? and How do you get it in & out of the trunk . Can you fold it up ? I wanted to cover mine in a Velcro material so I can put dash plaques on it . then switch them out when I want to...
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
That looks great , this is what I wanted to do also . What did youmake it out of ? and How do you get it in & out of the trunk . Can you fold it up ? I wanted to cover mine in a Velcro material so I can put dash plaques on it . then switch them out when I want to...
It's made out of 1 piece alum. It goes into the trunk fairly easily, then slides into place next to the waterbag on top, and around the trim on the sides; 1 way in and 1 way out. Very sturdy once in place. It will also lie flat in the back of trunk when not in place.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
It's made out of 1 piece alum. It goes into the trunk fairly easily, then slides into place next to the waterbag on top, and around the trim on the sides; 1 way in and 1 way out. Very sturdy once in place. It will also lie flat in the back of trunk when not in place.
Thanks for the info . I want to do one , but a little different . I'm going to go with lighter material , then put a hinge in the middle so it will fold up when traveling, and it will be easier to get it in & out out the trunk. But Hey yours looks great , and a nice job .
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote