Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Hate MyLink....Im too tech stupid/old...replacement options

I have a 2014 SS 2SS/RS.....well i hate the my link....call me crazy but its not for me. What are some options for someone tech stupid. Im used to a 6 disc changer and none of the touch screen crap. I dont have an ipod/ipad i/hate this new sh!!...
I do like the navigation option however. So suggestions appreciated. Also what is the mylink worth to sell. Car has 2k mi.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Mylink will grow on you. If you get rid of it, you lose the navigation. Anyway, anything you could substitute will be a downgrade plus cost you a small fortune to swap out. I am 66 and do not own a cell phone anymore but love the Mylink.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #3
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I have the Mylink in my cruze. It's ok. When I first got my Camaro I was pissed that the following year got it and my car didn't have it. After having it in my DD cruze and my wife's equinox, I'm kind of happy I don't have it in the Camaro. Too many problems.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I have the Mylink in my cruze. It's ok. When I first got my Camaro I was pissed that the following year got it and my car didn't have it. After having it in my DD cruze and my wife's equinox, I'm kind of happy I don't have it in the Camaro. Too many problems.
I had it in my previous malibu and didn't like it either. I had issues as well.

The adapter for mounting a new hea dunit and controls for the A/C, etc is rather expensive, PLUS the cost of a new head unit, PLUS the install... just not worth swapping it though.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
Josh.Duncan

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS Camaro; 2012 VW Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTZKRG View Post
I have a 2014 SS 2SS/RS.....well i hate the my link....call me crazy but its not for me. What are some options for someone tech stupid. Im used to a 6 disc changer and none of the touch screen crap. I dont have an ipod/ipad i/hate this new sh!!...
I do like the navigation option however. So suggestions appreciated. Also what is the mylink worth to sell. Car has 2k mi.
If you decide to sell it let me know. I'm looking for the Mylink with Nav for my Camaro.
MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust
BMR Strut Tower Brace
LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
Josh.Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
BLTZKRG

I dont use the nav so not worried about losing that. Ix be happy with factory radio stuff...

1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Josh.Duncan

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS Camaro; 2012 VW Jetta
Quote:
I dont use the nav so not worried about losing that. Ix be happy with factory radio stuff...
The only thing I have factory is the mylink without nav. How much would you sell it for?
MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust
BMR Strut Tower Brace
LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
Josh.Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Scorsche and Metra both have face plates, and both also have their own issues. Do a little search and read the pros and cons before making a decision.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
alvarom123
Love My Camaro! Only 16!

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:

Let me know if ur looking to sell it, I'm looking for a mylink with navigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I wonder if the 2010-2012 radio would be a simple plug and play? They are simple, have a cd player (not changer) and arent touch screen. I recently upgraded mine to the mylink nav. Old unit worked great and had the more retro look but I wanted the newer features including nav

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
2014 My Link with navigation cannot be changed out for an aftermarket unit nor can they be replaced with the non touch screen radio. The Scosche and Metra kits are not compatible with My Link with navi.

Actually, I like My Link. Has pretty good response time on the touch screen, all of the functions that I want including navigation which works pretty good for me. The Boston system sounds very good to me for a factory system, just needs a sub and more power. I will be adding an amp and subwoofer to the factory system, and I will be happy with the result.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
2014 My Link with navigation cannot be changed out for an aftermarket unit nor can they be replaced with the non touch screen radio. The Scosche and Metra kits are not compatible with My Link with navi.

Actually, I like My Link. Has pretty good response time on the touch screen, all of the functions that I want including navigation which works pretty good for me. The Boston system sounds very good to me for a factory system, just needs a sub and more power. I will be adding an amp and subwoofer to the factory system, and I will be happy with the result.
Lol you're the biggest ****in liar on here, I changed out my MyLink for a schoche and Alpine INE-W957HD head unit, sold a non nav non heated seat system for 810. Was a nightmare, nav unit can sell for around 1000-1200 on ebay, just beware of buyers. Don't let anyone on here low ball you.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #13
BLTZKRG

^^I have heated seats also....can u PM me i have some other questions regarding the Alpine unit/install.

1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
Old 09-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Lol you're the biggest ****in liar on here, I changed out my MyLink for a schoche and Alpine INE-W957HD head unit, sold a non nav non heated seat system for 810. Was a nightmare, nav unit can sell for around 1000-1200 on ebay, just beware of buyers. Don't let anyone on here low ball you.
I'm a liar?

Why don't you take more time and actually READ what I posted. I stated that the Scosche kit was not compatible with My Link WITH NAVIGATION. It states this on their page with the Scosche kit....go to the features selection and READ the statement. You obviously had a My Link WITHOUT NAVIGATION, which is why you could do the swap.

I have been in the car audio business for over 30 years, so most of the time I'm pretty sure that what I post is correct. It is when I don't read the post correctly that errors can be made, and if I do make one, I own up to it. When I find someones mistake, I will make a comment on it but I would never stoop so low as calling someone a *******liar.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote