Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #15
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
On a possibly related note, I was driving with the radio off. Someone called me and the call went right to voicemail. In the past, the phone itself would ring if radio was off. Now, the bluetooth hijacks the call but no ring if the radio is off.

And it's the same phone as before!!!!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #16
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggone14 View Post
Did you recently get a new phone? If not, what kind of phone is it?

Step 1: Have the bluetooth radio reset by the dealer.
Step 2: No more problems.

But seriously, if you have a android there are dozens of built in toggle buttons that can go right on your main screen, notification window, etc to switch Bluetooth on and off instantly. If you have SmartActions you can set it to turn on your Bluetooth every time you plug it into your charger (car), or a number of other triggers as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K View Post
Maybe it's the part of the ignition switch that detects when the key has been removed. Do your doors unlock when you take out the key?
Nothing has changed, same phone, no changed settings. Everything works as it always has with the exception of the radio turning on with the ignition off, radio not turning off when door is opened and blue tooth connecting continuously. It doesn't matter how long I'm away from the car, it's constantly connected. I can manually select the phone ear piece but as soon as another call comes in it's connected to blue tooth.

Regardless of the various things I can do to use the phone manually SOMETHING has changed.

I'm not sure if the op's has the exact same issue but it sounds like it and is one hell of a coincidence they both screwed up at the same time.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #17
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
I can certainly turn off the bluetooth, but if I forget its annoying. This never happened before, still need to figure out why it's happening.
When you figure it out let me know, I've tried everything I can think of.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Blue Magic

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS/RS
Everything is the same. No matter how long I've been away from the car with it off it still connects. This just started this week. Doors unlock when I put it in park. Radio turns off when I turn off the car and open the door.
TSP 1 7/8" Headers, Cat Delete / Flowtech Mufflers, Vmax CNC Ported TB, SLP UD Pulley 25%, Elite Catch Can, Vararam CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, Taylor 49 Race Wires, Mishimoto Silicone Hoses, B&M Transmission Pan,
Tampa Tuning Tweaked & Tweaked again
Blue Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #19
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Is it possible that you have been bumping your key fob with your knee? If so, don't do that.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #20
CFD

Sometimes the easiest solution is best. Disconnected and reconnected the battery this morning and all is working normally again.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #21
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Sometimes the easiest solution is best. Disconnected and reconnected the battery this morning and all is working normally again.
That is what I was going to suggest. I have found in the world of computers we live in, a reboot fixes a lot of issues.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
Himmler

Drives: 2010 Victory Red SS
I unpaired my phone from my car and just use an ear piece driving.
Himmler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #23
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19car69 View Post
That is what I was going to suggest. I have found in the world of computers we live in, a reboot fixes a lot of issues.
That and a hammer fist to the cpu. lol
Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #24
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmler View Post
I unpaired my phone from my car and just use an ear piece driving.
That's not a solution. Now you have a car with less features than it started with; supposed to go forwards, not backwards with technology.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #25
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
There might be a fuse you can pull somewhere instead of yanking the battery connectors but that seems like it worked pretty well.

That is a very odd issue for sure.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 AM   #26
Hephaestus1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS A6
Yes, this happened to me ~2yrs ago, and just started again here recently like others. I think it is related to OnStar doing firmware updates which don't quite go right. Last time, I fixed it by removing IP Fuse 14D (7.5A) for 2+ days. I seem to recall that one night of removal was not enough.

I realize this may not be a great fix for those who rely on their phones, but I do not. Seems like CFD's fix may be a faster, cleaner solution.

Last edited by Hephaestus1; 09-06-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: appended
Hephaestus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #27
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
So recently my factory radio has been connecting to my cellphone via bluetooth when the car is off. It's never done that before. I also noticed that I can turn the radio on without the key being in the ignition. Is this something that I haven't noticed before or is my radio possessed?
Did you solve your problem yet?
Old 09-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #28
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I had this issue starting two weeks ago so around the time of other posts on this - my iPhone running IOS 7.1.2 showed my 2010 Camaro still connected with ignition off hours prior. Incoming calls on the iPhone couldn't be heard by me - I turned off Bluetooth on the iPhone which finally dropped the connection. Next time I drove the car same issue.

I tried un-pairing on both the Camaro and iPhone only to have the Camaro not wanting to Pair with anything.

Many thanks to Hephaestus1 below in this thread for pointing out the Instrument Panel Fuse #14 for On-Star Calling -- I pulled that 7.5amp fuse today and put it back in after a few minutes (not waiting as Hephaestus1 indicated) -- the Camaro immediately allowed Bluetooth Pairing again and I was able to pair with my iPhone (now running IOS 8). The connection did drop immediately after turning off the ignition and opening the driver door so hopefully this gremlin has been stopped.

As so many of us had this issue there must have been an On-Star update that caused this as over five years I haven't had a single issue with Bluetooth connectivity.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote