Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
BigL11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
CAI-Exahust

This post is for one of my friends, he has a stock 2012 camaro SS and is wondering what the best CAI for performance is without a tune?

Also what exhausts have seen the most gains?
BigL11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Do a search and you can come up with endless posts on intake and exhaust performance. To wrap things up I'll give you a quick summary. You won't gain any power by changing your exhaust unless you add headers/high flow cats. The factory catback just isn't very restrictive. So go with one that sounds the best to you. As for the intake there are a few that perform a little better then others but they are still all pretty close in the end. A great set up that that sells well for us (with a very high satisfaction rate) is the CAI brand intakes. You can even add a adm air scoop to it for better results. have your buddy give us a call and we can help him pick out a set up that performs great and works within his budget.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Do a search and you can come up with endless posts on intake and exhaust performance. To wrap things up I'll give you a quick summary. You won't gain any power by changing your exhaust unless you add headers/high flow cats. The factory catback just isn't very restrictive. So go with one that sounds the best to you. As for the intake there are a few that perform a little better then others but they are still all pretty close in the end. A great set up that that sells well for us (with a very high satisfaction rate) is the CAI brand intakes. You can even add a adm air scoop to it for better results. have your buddy give us a call and we can help him pick out a set up that performs great and works within his budget.

Lots of happy customers, here are some testimonials: http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I've been very happy with the CAI Inc intake, been runnning it for over a year now and it is one of the best mods I've done