Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Popping noise from exhaust

I just put insurance back on my car today. I took it out for a spin and decided to hop on it a couple times because I haven't felt the power in quite a while. After I slowed down, the car every once in awhile does a loud pop or backfire.Even at idle it will do a pop maybe once every minute. I have no check engine lights on though. What do you think could cause something like this? Obviously I need to get it into see my tuner. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fuel that was put in at the end of the season last year. I cap it off at the end of the year before she goes into storage.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
Did you put any fuel stabilizer in it? If not then yes the fuel is degraded. Add an octane booster.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I would get fresh fuel in it before you start worrying much.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Decel pop?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote