Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #337
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I like your posts more and more

There are a few Mustang fanatics here whom I respect as much as my CAMARO brothers. It is because of mutual respect that there's an opportunity for us to all get along.
6 Mustangs, 4 Camaros and 2 Firebirds... It was my '83 Camaro with '84-'89 parts that ended my RR career 11 years ago.. It was a worked 5.0 (yes the 305), I used the Quadrajet an the Turbo 350 tranny. Yes, a 3rd gen can road race, it was the rear anti sway bar that broke that caused the wreck.

It was a county sanctioned road race, it was 930pm... I didn't have the power some cars had... I was 8th, about to lose 8th.. I played dirty and blocked the road (horseplay). He turned his lights off so I tried to compensate with speed and over cutting corners... I can't remember much, but I remember taking a right turn and my right front and rear suspension bottomed out as I went off road during a hard right turn.

I heard something metal "digging and flapping" under the car (what I told EMS), I handled the small straight really good (the mph/kph tach: those '83s had bounced sooo bad, but I would say I was at 55-60mph), but the next strong right is where I noticed the car was different... I couldn't keep the rear straight, and it fish tailed maybe 4 times left to right, trying to compensate but keep on the gas... I turned the car 180 and head first through the barriers and into the guardrail... I broke my chin, 7 teeth and deformed my right ear (almost cauliflowered) because I never could afford a helmet..

The guy behind me stopped and pulled me out of the car via the window, My K-frame and front wheels were ripped from the front and settled mid door pinning them closed... That was the 90s.... The guy behind me was driving an '83 GT HO.. I bought it from him and started drag racing 3 weeks later...

I will return to the track this year.... so I hope most of you understand that there is an individual passion that burns deep down in every individual.. You may never understand it, and those who are passionate have a hard time expressing...

FYI: I had to pay for the guardrail, the repairs and also recieved a "Disorderly Conduct" Citation in which I didn't pay and a bench warrant was issued.. and spent 2 weeks in Butler county jail to pay off... but I'm a cop now so Sylvester the Cat was right.. "If you can't beat 'em.. join 'em"

Last edited by thePill; 01-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #338
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"koolaide", "blinders", etc...

Noone here knows with 100% accuracy the reasons for GM timing, if or if not there will be a new Camaro model, etc..

While everyone is excited, and we discuss the possibilities, speculate about GM's reasons for what they do, etc., take a breath before you hit that SUBMIT button and try and respect another persons thoughts before accusing them of "wearing blinders", "drinking the koolaide", "not wanting to see the truth" - their thoughts and opinions may be different than yours, but that doesn't make their thoughts, opinions, etc., any less important, right or wrong, etc., than yours.

Its simple - RESPECT.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #339
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
If it is a Z, do it like the first generations and make the only options you could not order are automatic transmission and air conditioning.

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 01-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #340
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
If it is a Z, do it like the first generations and make the only options you could not order are a automatic transmission and air conditioning.
Bring back the camel back heads with no A/C mount?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #341
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by micj82 View Post
lol sorry radz28 for all the back and forth i'm in a good better mood now no more goofy posts from me
Let's BOTH back off for our Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooker_Doodles View Post
Maybe they will call it the Camaro5 edition.
UMM... This makes it hard for the earlier Post of the Day to stay on top... I think we have a tie this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
We all should remember that GM said that they would introduce new models of the 5th Gen. at a timely manner to keep interest in the Camaro high thru this models life span to keep sales up. We already know of the convertibles coming that are being produced starting this month and of the XM Edition along with the Synergy Editions that's coming out in the spring, so 6 months or so later we will have the so called "HP" edition. I say that GM is doing a great job with keeping their word.

This time line might possible be due to the alpha program being released earlier than we all suspect with regards to the Z/28's platform and arrival.
I almost hope this doesn't happen because I really want a 5th Gen. I've loved the lines since I first saw the Concept, and it's the closest to a new '69 I think I can get. I still think we have a good four years before we see an Alpha, though. I am only speculating though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
6 Mustangs, 4 Camaros and 2 Firebirds... It was my '83 Camaro with '84-'89 parts that ended my RR career 11 years ago.. It was a worked 5.0 (yes the 305), I used the Quadrajet an the Turbo 350 tranny. Yes, a 3rd gen can road race, it was the rear anti sway bar that broke that caused the wreck.

It was a county sanctioned road race, it was 930pm... I didn't have the power some cars had... I was 8th, about to lose 8th.. I played dirty and blocked the road (horseplay). He turned his lights off so I tried to compensate with speed and over cutting corners... I can't remember much, but I remember taking a right turn and my right front and rear suspension bottomed out as I went off road during a hard right turn.

I heard something metal "digging and flapping" under the car (what I told EMS), I handled the small straight really good (the mph/kph tach: those '83s had bounced sooo bad, but I would say I was at 55-60mph), but the next strong right is where I noticed the car was different... I couldn't keep the rear straight, and it fish tailed maybe 4 times left to right, trying to compensate but keep on the gas... I turned the car 180 and head first through the barriers and into the guardrail... I broke my chin, 7 teeth and deformed my right ear (almost cauliflowered) because I never could afford a helmet..

The guy behind me stopped and pulled me out of the car via the window, My K-frame and front wheels were ripped from the front and settled mid door pinning them closed... That was the 90s.... The guy behind me was driving an '83 GT HO.. I bought it from him and started drag racing 3 weeks later...

I will return to the track this year.... so I hope most of you understand that there is an individual passion that burns deep down in every individual.. You may never understand it, and those who are passionate have a hard time expressing...

FYI: I had to pay for the guardrail, the repairs and also recieved a "Disorderly Conduct" Citation in which I didn't pay and a bench warrant was issued.. and spent 2 weeks in Butler county jail to pay off... but I'm a cop now so Sylvester the Cat was right.. "If you can't beat 'em.. join 'em"
You make it more and more difficult to hold the whole Mustang-grudge against you

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #342
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
You make it more and more difficult to hold the whole Mustang-grudge against you
It is your duty to do so, without your dedication to your brand, and survival of that brand.. The other will wither and die.. or turn up a station wagon...

I hate you, and you should hate me.. and tell a friend that you hate me and why.. because I will surely do so.. and in turn, we will sale 1 Camaro and 1 Mustang and the fight will continue...

What is a warrior without war?.. I will tell you... Its a station wagon or a mini van, remember that tonight as you construct my voodoo doll...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #343
thePill
Account Suspended

No I don't really want to kill any of you, but the younger guys don't need to know that...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #344
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
It is your duty to do so, without your dedication to your brand, and survival of that brand.. The other will wither and die.. or turn up a station wagon...

I hate you, and you should hate me.. and tell a friend that you hate me and why.. because I will surely do so.. and in turn, we will sale 1 Camaro and 1 Mustang and the fight will continue...

What is a warrior without war?.. I will tell you... Its a station wagon or a mini van, remember that tonight as you construct my voodoo doll...
Don't encourage me

Quote:
No I don't really want to kill any of you, but the younger guys don't need to know that...
SSHHH!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #345
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
We all should remember that GM said that they would introduce new models of the 5th Gen. at a timely manner to keep interest in the Camaro high thru this models life span to keep sales up. We already know of the convertibles coming that are being produced starting this month and of the XM Edition along with the Synergy Editions that's coming out in the spring, so 6 months or so later we will have the so called "HP" edition. I say that GM is doing a great job with keeping their word.

This time line might possible be due to the alpha program being released earlier than we all suspect with regards to the Z/28's platform and arrival.
Good insight there Marine....you make a strong argument based on the logical conclusion drawn from the recent XM and Synergy editions offered this year that this in fact will be produced as the HP edition. Z-28 may or may not be reincarnated with Alpha coming in a about 4 years. Only time will tell. We will enjoy this horsepower arms race as we currently know it for at least 3 more years I suspect from what I have read. Possibly the end game for the Camaro 5 body will be Z-28 model offered to us just prior to Alpha's arrival?. Maybe we'll see a 2013/2014 Z-28. Alpha platform arriving in 2015? I find it fascinating that the big three American auto manufacturers are trading blows and keep uping the HP ante.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #346
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Email from my dealer:
"Your sources are excellent. I just returned and it is true. We will put your name on the first one. No info other than you already know. I would imagine it will be a Z28. You were on my list today but did not get to you yet. See you soon. Kevin"
SHOOOOOOOOOT!!!
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #347
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Email from my dealer:
"Your sources are excellent. I just returned and it is true. We will put your name on the first one. No info other than you already know. I would imagine it will be a Z28. You were on my list today but did not get to you yet. See you soon. Kevin"
SHOOOOOOOOOT!!!
NICE! Confirmation from another source!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #348
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I know someone out there can answer this question for me. ZL1 was an original Chevy/GM name. How did it become exclusive to SLP so that Chevy cannot use it any longer? Thanks, for the help.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #349
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I know someone out there can answer this question for me. ZL1 was an original Chevy/GM name. How did it become exclusive to SLP so that Chevy cannot use it any longer? Thanks, for the help.
They bought the rights.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #350
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I think GM is being sneeky and will release 2 new Camaros. They should for competition reasons. The HPE (or whatever it will be sold as) and the Z28 (we have already seen it, the SSX) they will compete perfectly with the GT500 & Boss 302.

The top dog Camaro was probably going to be the Z28 till the Boss 302 entered the scene.

In the pony car wars GM has always followed (and bettered in my opinion) Ford, but we must thank Ford for starting it (and for giving us the GT40 & Cobra).
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums