Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #1401
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Hello all, my name is Vic and I'll be PCS'ing from Charleston, SC to Hickam in a few weeks (Air Force). Glad to see there is an active Camaro group in the area and look forward to meeting up with you guy's in the near future. Though I still need to jump on over and register with 808 Camaro's.

My garage has a list of mods and pic's if you want to check out the car. I already shipped it so hopefully it will be there when I arrive around the 10th of next month.

One question is there anywhere to drag race on the island? I was searching around the web and found info on Hawaii Raceway Park, but it said it closed in 2008. I just wasn't sure if that was accurate or not.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #1402
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Well if I do make it I will just come in from the back of the mall and drive until I find everyone.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1403
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gHoSt437 View Post
Hello all, my name is Vic and I'll be PCS'ing from Charleston, SC to Hickam in a few weeks (Air Force). Glad to see there is an active Camaro group in the area and look forward to meeting up with you guy's in the near future. Though I still need to jump on over and register with 808 Camaro's.

My garage has a list of mods and pic's if you want to check out the car. I already shipped it so hopefully it will be there when I arrive around the 10th of next month.

One question is there anywhere to drag race on the island? I was searching around the web and found info on Hawaii Raceway Park, but it said it closed in 2008. I just wasn't sure if that was accurate or not.
Unfortunately that is accurate info...actually it shut down in 2006,

There are tracks on the neighbor islands though...
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #1404
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Run your Camaro at Autocross at the Stadium. There are 2 5th Gens, one Supercharged, that runs. Also a very nice Mustang GT 500. Only place to really let loose.

Good luck with JN. I spoke to Brad before I bought mine, but no, they were not willing to sell at MSRP or lower, only Servco. With that said, you may want to speak to Dean, the Pres. of 808Camaros. He supposedly buys his cars from JN. He's been through 2 5th Gens already and I believe has ZL1 on order. I would expect them to try full mark-up on the ZL1.
I used to frequent the Auto x every month, but now I just don't have the time on Sunday's. I liked it much better when it was on a Saturday.
Not to mention the course is small (no fault of the SCCA Peeps) and for the amount of time you spend on a course just does not justify me getting tires and beefing up my suspension.
However, with the ZL1, I guess I could run the suspension as is...now if only they could do it on a Saturday.
How is Amy and Jen, is that mother daughter team still dominating the women (and most men) drivers?
If you see Jay (yellow Z06) tell him Hmajng said hello! That Jay is fast!!

I bet the Subaru BRZ or Scion FR-S would make a nice Auto x car. I used to run a BMW 318is in the FSP class along with Troy...yeah tell him I said Hello too! Oh, and he is fast too!

I know Servco will be at MSRP, and I'll most likely go there as I will not pay ADM for any vehicle. I used to sell cars myself, and that is a major rip off!
I'm also meeting with David (internet mgr @ JN) this Saturday to "talk story". I told him already about not paying ADM, he said come down and let's talk...hehehe...we'll see.

I'll PM Dean, but if he buys from them and still has to pay ADM, I don't think I'll stand a chance of paying MSRP only.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #1405
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarSeth View Post
The Internet Manager @ JN is named David and he is the guy who sold me my Camaro. I got him to meet me at MSRP (Although mine had a whole bunch of add ons so who knows where they made up the money on that one). That being said David was pretty cool guy and busted his ass to get me in my Camaro quick(Mine was a bonus from work and I just wanted to buy the damn thing and get cruising).

No matter what almost anywhere is gonna rake you over the coals for a ZL1 just because it's such a Primo car.

Haole I'm glad you had a good experience with Servco because I've never dealt with a slower bunch of feet draggers ever. They were the first place I went because they sell at MSRP and I even put a $500 hold on the one while they hammered out the fine details. After a month of waiting for them to get the financing figured out I was told they needed another week to get everything in order. Keep in mind it was bonus from work and they were throwing down 20k just on a down payment. Eventually my boss got so ticked off with it that he told me to go somewhere else and he would rather give them the 500 bucks then give them another penny.

But I guess it's a good thing because I walked into JN, and 3 days later I was in my MUCH better looking Camaro.

Nevertheless OVRKLL good luck and I"m sure you'll love your ZL1 when you get it.
Mahalo...I just hope I can get one!
I'm seeing David tomorrow...hopefully he can do the same for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1406
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Mahalo...I just hope I can get one!
I'm seeing David tomorrow...hopefully he can do the same for me.

All the peeps you mentioned are still running hard at AutoX. Jay's running his Z06 but there are a couple of Lotus Elise's running as well. Jen and Amy are still doing well. You should still check it out. You can run in a Street Tire Class. In fact, I most probably will be running an EVO X in STU next season so I don't have to change tires. Getting lazy. But who knows.

FYI, did not have that experience (slow-feet) with SERVCO. Did most of my discussions on line, reviewed inventory, and picked up car the day after I located the one I wanted. I did not finance though.

Good luck though, hope you get one soon!
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #1407
OVRKLL

Quote:
All the peeps you mentioned are still running hard at AutoX. Jay's running his Z06 but there are a couple of Lotus Elise's running as well. Jen and Amy are still doing well. You should still check it out. You can run in a Street Tire Class. In fact, I most probably will be running an EVO X in STU next season so I don't have to change tires. Getting lazy. But who knows.

FYI, did not have that experience (slow-feet) with SERVCO. Did most of my discussions on line, reviewed inventory, and picked up car the day after I located the one I wanted. I did not finance though.

Lotus Elise...I guess one of them must be Dr. Bill? He use to run a red E36 M3, but I think it got totaled in an accident.
Are the Storm'n Van Orman's still running?
I guess I should try to make it down there one of these Sundays...

Thanks for the update!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #1408
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Lotus Elise...I guess one of them must be Dr. Bill? He use to run a red E36 M3, but I think it got totaled in an accident.
Are the Storm'n Van Orman's still running?
I guess I should try to make it down there one of these Sundays...

Thanks for the update!
Yup, Van Orman's are still there with their Bimmers. Dr. bill and Chris C. Is co-driving his Lotus and Mike W. also has one. Diana still comes out on top though with her B Stock S2000.

Yup, still fun. Interesting to see all the different type of cars. Muscle cars are definitely in the minority though. 3 or so Camaros, 3 or so Mustangs, couple of Vette's, and an occasional Challenger. The Impala is fun to watch. By far the biggest car out there!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #1409
OVRKLL

Well bummers I was unable to make the Car Show at WW this past Saturday...I hope those that did attend had a good time!

However, I did manage to visit JN and talk about ordering a ZL1.
They told me GM is not taking any orders, but they could build one for me since they are getting a few allocations...the Fleet mgr said I would be the 4th one. I originally talked with David H. the internet mgr. and he took me to see the Fleet mgr.
Long story short, they were playing good cop, bad cop with me, as David asked the Fleet mgr what the MSRP is?
The Fleet mgr said oh it's....drum roll please....$72k!
I told him is that the MSRP?
He said yes!
So I quoted the MSRP from the NADA webiste at $54,095 and he said...oh, but that's before our dealer mark up...we mark it up $20k!
I told him thanks, but I don't play that game...wished them a good day and headed for Servco Waipahu.

Servco said as far as they know they are only getting 1 allocation for the ZL1, and they would have to put my name in a hat. I said ok, just make sure that my name is on a giant piece of paper and on top...LOL!
At least I was able to get a ZL1 brochure from Servco...so now I just need the car!
I also sat in an SS just to be sure I fit, started it up and boy I was almost ready to get that one! Sounded Great!...and I fit!

So JN wants $20k over MSRP and Cutter wants between $5k - $10k over MSRP, while Servco wants MSRP...Guess who will be getting my business!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #1410
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
i've got horror stories you wouldn't believe about my experiences at JN with my new camaro. every team they have there have majorly ****ed something up. from the sales team insisting that the ls has bluetooth, to the financing department screwing up my loan and costing me $100 more per month than i agreed to, to the service department putting in the wrong oil and scratching up my trunk lid washing the car after i told them not to and lot, lots, lots more crap and it's all documented in writing.

i seriously considered starting a boycott JN event.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #1411
Z Madness

I went to WW cruise but didn't see any C5 peeps. A bunch of 5th Gens but none that I know from these boards but I understand Taz's car is in the shop. I was looking for Dean but didn't see him. I ended up talking story with the HPM folks that come to AutoX.

$72,000 for a ZL1? I don't think so. If Servco is really only getting 1 allocation initially, then you have to contact Camaro Scotty or Becky from these C5 boards. They both will sell you one and help arrange for shipping.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #1412
OVRKLL

Quote:
I went to WW cruise but didn't see any C5 peeps. A bunch of 5th Gens but none that I know from these boards but I understand Taz's car is in the shop. I was looking for Dean but didn't see him. I ended up talking story with the HPM folks that come to AutoX.

$72,000 for a ZL1? I don't think so. If Servco is really only getting 1 allocation initially, then you have to contact Camaro Scotty or Becky from these C5 boards. They both will sell you one and help arrange for shipping.
I may just have to do that...Mahalo for the info.
Do you know which one is closer to the West Coast?....for shipping purposes of course.

Well I guess there's always the next Car Show!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #1413
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver96camaro View Post
i've got horror stories you wouldn't believe about my experiences at JN with my new camaro. every team they have there have majorly ****ed something up. from the sales team insisting that the ls has bluetooth, to the financing department screwing up my loan and costing me $100 more per month than i agreed to, to the service department putting in the wrong oil and scratching up my trunk lid washing the car after i told them not to and lot, lots, lots more crap and it's all documented in writing.

i seriously considered starting a boycott JN event.
Can't blame you for wanting to do that.
However, I guess there must be a lot of people that are willing to pay the ADM on cars and keep them in business.
Aren't the allocations based on vehicle sales?
It seems they don't have a problem with getting their allocations...key word here is "Seems".

David H. told me that because Servco sells at MSRP, when the Gen 5 came out they purchased all the Camaros from Servco, and flipped them with their ADM.
Must have been a nice sale for Servco, and I would think their Allotments would have gone up...unless of course David H was blowing smoke! Ya think!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #1414
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:

My experience with Servco was great. Very responsive with my needs. Hardest part was how to put in the order since I pre-ordered my camaro when it was announced that we could start ordering. None of them ever done this before, so we all learned. Oh by the way, mine was ordered at the Windward Servco, but they have since closed the doors on the chevy division due to cutbacks by chevy.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote