Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
B.K
Newb

Drives: 2011 LS Black
Stereo system install questions

i have a couple of questions about the stereo system I'm planning for my LS.
first let me say, i do not have the BA system.
I'm planning on replacing all the speakers (6.5s and 6x9s) and adding 2 12" subs in the trunk. The speakers will be run by a 4ch amp and the sub by a separate mono sub amp. I did purchase the pac adapter to get the low level output RCA's from the factory head unit.
Ive never done an audio install before but I'm pretty sure ill be able to handle it. my questions are mostly on the wiring and locations to run the wiring. I'm hoping a couple of the guys that have done this before or are professional installers might be able to provide some guidance.
1. What is the best route to run the 4 rca cables coming off the factory deck to the 4ch amp in the trunk? or would it be easier to try to mount the amp somewhere in-cabin?
2. If the 4ch is mounted in the trunk, what is the best way to run the wires to the front components?
B.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Run all your signal cables down one side and the power cables down the other side. Depends on if you want just functionallity or for shows too. I am putting mine in the trunk mounted on the box, and when you fold down the rear seats you can see the amps and eq.

But I am waiting on Alpine to put my system in, for their dash kit.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
TheColorBlack

Drives: Black 2011 LS
lucky for us...the battery is in the trunk and you dont have to run the power down any side
TheColorBlack is offline   Reply With Quote