Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
I waited until I could drive a Corvette Coupe equipped essentially as I wanted to order one before I would commit to buying one.

I will not spend $30K+ ( SS2 w/options ) unless \ until I can drive a very similar one. . .

And I can wait.
- Ray
Wondering when THAT will be?
Probably March 2010 unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
I waited until I could drive a Corvette Coupe equipped essentially as I wanted to order one before I would commit to buying one.

I will not spend $30K+ ( SS2 w/options ) unless \ until I can drive a very similar one. . .

And I can wait.
- Ray
Wondering when THAT will be?
Good luck finding a dealer who will have a demo car, nevermind dealer stock of an SS2. When I went over to my freinds dealership, I laughed when he asked how he was going to get any stock when we are ordering cars now which will be built 4 months from now.

Chevrolet may have 20,000 firm orders once the plant is up and running. Usually they build all these cars with very few cars pre-ordered. That means that every car that gets to dealerships in spring will be spoken for and customers will only be able to look at the cars coming in (ours) not drive them.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #31
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Martket adjustments? Do you mean gouging? We have a growing list here which Killer74Z28 is maintaining which identifies all the MSRP dealerships. There is no excuse for anyone who logs onto this site, to be paying a dollar over MSRP.
Agreed and hence the note!
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #32
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I plan on waiting until summer or even fall 2010 mostly because of the money issue.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #33
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I plan on waiting for Blue and HUD.

Of course by then someone will have leaked out that the Gen-V V8 will be coming the following year and I will wait for that model and when that one comes out GM will br bragging about the Z28 that's coming out 2 years later and I'll end up waiting for that one and then when that comes out it will only be available in Pink with a Plaid interior and I'll wait for the next year and then they will be talking about cancelling the Z28 and I'll never get one because collectors will scoop them all up.

I bet a lot of guys are in the same boat as me.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #34
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^I'd actually settle for the Gen V V8. I want a V8, but I don't need the strongest one. There are always upgrades and if I can get the Gen V and get better fuel economy and therefore use it longer, I'm happy.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #35
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
I'm waiting.
Not really because of what options may be added but more for wanting to see how the economy goes.
I'm kind of a doomer on that point and things could go very bad.
A new Camaro will be way down on the list when the shit hits the fan.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #36
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
i was literally a day from calling the dealer over the phone and ordering mine. But i'll wait until they come out with nav and other features when the hype dies down
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #37
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
I'll go about this the same way I did with the GTO. By waiting a year, I got the LS2 instead of the LS1 and the exhaust exiting on both sides rather than off to one side.

I'm thinking that we may see new color options, as well as the other anticipated accessories and features.

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #38
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Unfortunately, I have to wait to get mine. I could go out right now and pre-order and make payments for the first several months I owned it, but getting out of the Army in November of '09 with no job prospects lined up (I still have over a year to find something) means that buying something right now would just be setting myself up for failure. That's ok. As soon as I have some employment secured, it's gonna be GAME ON!!!! WOO HOO Black on Black 2SS/RS, here I come!

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #39
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykt123 View Post
I'll go about this the same way I did with the GTO. By waiting a year, I got the LS2 instead of the LS1 and the exhaust exiting on both sides rather than off to one side.

I'm thinking that we may see new color options, as well as the other anticipated accessories and features.
And even from '06 to '05, they made improvements. Damn slow seat motors!

I assume you're getting 2SS? After getting a car with leather interior, (next time I won't get black leather though, draws too much heat!) I will never be able to go back to cloth. It's just SO much more comfortable, especially on longer drives.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #40
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
I really tried to hold out

My plan all along was to wait 6 months or so to order, so the colors and options were better defined (and perhaps the economy more stable).

I had been following progress of this car since the first spy shots appeared on the internet.

But then my good friend called Wednesday and said he had ordered his 2SS (at $1075 less than MSRP). After that I could not sleep or get anything done at work! I told the wife I would need therapy or I was going to order the car!

So at 5:00 today, I ordered my 1SS in Red Jewel Tint.
Gary
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #41
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymac View Post
My plan all along was to wait 6 months or so to order, so the colors and options were better defined (and perhaps the economy more stable).

I had been following progress of this car since the first spy shots appeared on the internet.

But then my good friend called Wednesday and said he had ordered his 2SS (at $1075 less than MSRP). After that I could not sleep or get anything done at work! I told the wife I would need therapy or I was going to order the car!

So at 5:00 today, I ordered my 1SS in Red Jewel Tint.
Gary

Congrats, did you get below MSRP as well?
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #42
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
Yes indeed. My cost (less sales tax) was $30684.

Gary
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote