Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #1471
dirkdoesdirt

Drives: 2010 Silverado, Ordered 1LE
So tell me about the hood wrap. It looks good in the pics. What have you done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Vinyl hood update
Attachment 461955

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirkdoesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #1472
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
No wheels?!

tramtwo posted this on the go
nope, this dynapack is interesting...mobile dyno, i guess you'd call it. wheels come off, adapter piece bolts on, gets fed into the machines on either side, then connected to the computer.
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #1473
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
nope, this dynapack is interesting...mobile dyno, i guess you'd call it. wheels come off, adapter piece bolts on, gets fed into the machines on either side, then connected to the computer.
So what's this then? Rear Axle Horsepower, Rear Hub Horsepower,
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #1474
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
So what's this then? Rear Axle Horsepower, Rear Hub Horsepower,
lol...like i said, i know nothing about dynos, i'm just posting my results
from what i understand there's not a whole lot of dyno options on this island, but i know people who use this one, so it's more useful to me for comparison purposes out here.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #1475
OzzySS

Almost forgot that I promised photos of the gill stripes I put on last night...here the style I went with, primarily because they were only $18, and not just a straightish line...
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358143456.353669.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  151.3 KB

Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #1476
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I like the gills, Ozzy. In your copious spare time, would you mind taking a photo from a distance of them by showing the whole car?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #1477
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdoesdirt View Post
So tell me about the hood wrap. It looks good in the pics. What have you done with it.
I'm not sure I did anything special. Perhaps I'm a bit lucky but I'll tell you specifically.

1. Washing with hard water. I keep forgetting to treat it with stuff like Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice.
2. I use Chemical Guys foam washes and a foam gun.
3. I never let any water dry on the car.
4. I use the sheet rinse or pool rinse method to dry the hood with water.
5. I DO NOT DRY THE CAR WITH A TOWEL NOR A CHAMOIS. I use a leaf blower for the car to get anything my sheet drying didn't do like mirrors, door handles, lights, emblems and any standing water on the hood, roof or trunk lid.
6. If there is anything residual on the hood I make a quick squirt of Garry's "Juice" and wipe it off immediately with a microfiber towel.
7. I used Adams VRT ONCE and didn't love the result BUT having said that I'm wondering if the VRT has protected the vinyl and think I may use it again next wash.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #1478
OzzySS

Quote:
I like the gills, Ozzy. In your copious spare time, would you mind taking a photo from a distance of them by showing the whole car?
lol...what have i done to make you think i have that? maybe i don't realize how much i have because of my bachelorhood

i'll try to get a shot up like you want...in the meantime i have this other one.
not bad for the price, they just don't hold up to close inspection. you can see the width varies on a couple of them if you're looking.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #1479
OzzySS

Quote:
Wow. Incredible numbers. So how high did you rev the car? Greater than 4k? I've gone to 5k but not higher yet. I'm not babying the car either. Looking forward to the vid and pics.

I was getting on it onto the freeway today and I bent her sideways again. Wow. That's crazy fun. It feels like the car is loosening up in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i left the dealership over 4k...the first day i actually took her out, i redlined in 1st for a split second...i've exceeded 5k only a couple of times tho. today was the first time i actually floored it, trying to get an IOM vert to play with me on the way home from the dyno. must've been an LT, i didn't get a close look but i gave'em a good drive-by
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #1480
OzzySS

Quote:
I'm not sure I did anything special. Perhaps I'm a bit lucky but I'll tell you specifically.

1. Washing with hard water. I keep forgetting to treat it with stuff like Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice.
2. I use Chemical Guys foam washes and a foam gun.
3. I never let any water dry on the car.
4. I use the sheet rinse or pool rinse method to dry the hood with water.
5. I DO NOT DRY THE CAR WITH A TOWEL NOR A CHAMOIS. I use a leaf blower for the car to get anything my sheet drying didn't do like mirrors, door handles, lights, emblems and any standing water on the hood, roof or trunk lid.
6. If there is anything residual on the hood I make a quick squirt of Garry's "Juice" and wipe it off immediately with a microfiber towel.
7. I used Adams VRT ONCE and didn't love the result BUT having said that I'm wondering if the VRT has protected the vinyl and think I may use it again next wash.
my hood looks like ass after my last wash...the sun came out right after i started foaming i'm gonna wash her up again this weekend, weather permitting, so i can install my 1LE badges on a hood that hopefully looks decent. fwiw, i don't see any problem drying the hood with a chamois. it came out looking good for me (the first time i washed it, not this last time with the leftover foam spots).
Old 01-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #1481
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
my hood looks like ass after my last wash...the sun came out right after i started foaming i'm gonna wash her up again this weekend, weather permitting, so i can install my 1LE badges on a hood that hopefully looks decent. fwiw, i don't see any problem drying the hood with a chamois. it came out looking good for me (the first time i washed it, not this last time with the leftover foam spots).
I'm not sure why this works, but try that Infinite Use Detail Juice (diluted of course) to spot spray little beads and clean the vinyl.

Seriously, my fingers are crossed on this hood. I had vinyl inserts on my 84 Z28 hood and I had troubles with them. I ended up having to buy new vinyl to replace them after a few years. They were in these embedded troughs in the hood meant to look like a hood scope. Totally bogus design and vinyl that looked messy and peeled off on its own.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #1482
OzzySS

yeah, i'm back to flip-flopping on the hood. if i can't keep it looking decent, i'll pull it and put some hood spears on. or paint it, or replace it if i'm feeling really froggy

CRT, you're still stock engine, aren't you? i was just thinking, and i think tram will back me on this,...we need you throw up some numbers. for data collection on the 11/12 cars i think we're 2 for 2 for big numbers now
Old 01-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #1483
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
CRT, you're still stock engine, aren't you? i was just thinking, and i think tram will back me on this,...we need you throw up some numbers. for data collection on the 11/12 cars i think we're 2 for 2 for big numbers now
Stock minus the CAI (K&N). But if I don't get, say, 10HP over 406 then we'll know I broke it in wrong. After watching your dyno I found an outfit here that does the wheelless approach too:

http://goodies-speedshop.com/p-909-c...-services.html
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #1484
TripleT
TripleT

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS
Hi Guys,

I traded my L99 (12) for one of the 1LE, 1SS package. Special ordered by the dealership, I've been waiting for this car now its in and after a few dealer changes, CAI, Tint, Exhaust bypass, Halo lamps! I should be driving later this week!. My dealer said there are only 12 cars in the country, is that true? Test drive was awesome, absolutely no comparison to the L99. Any feedback would be appreciated.
TripleT is offline   Reply With Quote