Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Normal Wear & Tear??

Just recently I've started seeing these indents on the surface of both front seats. :( I consistently remember to take my wallet out of my back pocket before sitting down in the car and ask the same of the passengers that enter my car.

I'm the only one who has driven the car and I have not had a lot of people sitting in the passenger side.

Are you having this problem with the leather seats? Mines CPO, so do you think it's worth mentioning to the dealership I take it into on my first oil change? I'm afraid it's going to get worse since this is happening early. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

(Driver Seat)

Name:  IMAG0566.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0567.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0568.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  49.8 KB

(Passenger Seat)

Name:  IMAG0569.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  38.8 KB
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
That's normal just from sitting, my Camaro and ram both like that. The leather stretches over time. Do you use the heated seats at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
CamaroKevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
That's normal just from sitting, my Camaro and ram both like that. The leather stretches over time. Do you use the heated seats at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Yeah, I do use the heated seats pretty often. I know eventually it's going to wear from use, but I didn't think it would get loose like that this early on. Then again, this is the first car I've had that was practically brand new, so I'm not too sure what to expect as far as the normal wear on the seats.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Mine are worse, and I never have anything in my pockets. I use the heaters all the time in the winter, and be mindful, I had a quarter fall between me and the seat, and it will hear up enough to put an indent in the seat. Try to make sure that there is nothing between you and the seat, and if wearing jeans, sometimes the buttons will leave indents on the seat if using the heated seats. (Wont cause your problem, but similar)

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
CamaroKevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Mine are worse, and I never have anything in my pockets. I use the heaters all the time in the winter, and be mindful, I had a quarter fall between me and the seat, and it will hear up enough to put an indent in the seat. Try to make sure that there is nothing between you and the seat, and if wearing jeans, sometimes the buttons will leave indents on the seat if using the heated seats. (Wont cause your problem, but similar)
Gotcha, probably just the effect from heated seats then? I'm usually always in jeans unless I'm going in to teach. I'll probably have to have that section of the seat re-done at some point if it gets worse. Hopefully it's just the heated seats like you guys said.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
[QUOTE=CamaroKevin;5904965]Just recently I've started seeing these indents on the surface of both front seats. :( I consistently remember to take my wallet out of my back pocket before sitting down in the car and ask the same of the passengers that enter my car.

I'm the only one who has driven the car and I have not had a lot of people sitting in the passenger side.

Are you having this problem with the leather seats? Mines CPO, so do you think it's worth mentioning to the dealership I take it into on my first oil change? I'm afraid it's going to get worse since this is happening early. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

(Driver Seat)

I had the same problem, seat covers on both sides came loose and have been repaired several times by GM.
Last repair did the fix but I do not like the way it feels.
Anyway touch your covers under the seat, if it is loose you have a seat cover problem!!!!!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
CamaroKevin

[QUOTE=yellowrs;5905136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKevin View Post
Just recently I've started seeing these indents on the surface of both front seats. :( I consistently remember to take my wallet out of my back pocket before sitting down in the car and ask the same of the passengers that enter my car.

(Driver Seat)

I had the same problem, seat covers on both sides came loose and have been repaired several times by GM.
Last repair did the fix but I do not like the way it feels.
Anyway touch your covers under the seat, if it is loose you have a seat cover problem!!!!!

Thanks! I'll take a look at it tomorrow and check that out just to see if that could be it.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
wray1991

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
That's why I ordered 2 1SS's. Chevy leather sucks. Sucked in my tahoe, sucked in my 96 impala SS. My 13 year old 4runner, leather still looks great, tight, pretty, 170,000 miles. To all you who will defend Chevy, your wrong. Buy the cloth, have it recovered.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
CamaroKevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wray1991 View Post
That's why I ordered 2 1SS's. Chevy leather sucks. Sucked in my tahoe, sucked in my 96 impala SS. My 13 year old 4runner, leather still looks great, tight, pretty, 170,000 miles. To all you who will defend Chevy, your wrong. Buy the cloth, have it recovered.
Definitely can't say you're wrong. This Camaro is actually the first American car I've owned. Had a Camry, Acura CL and still have my Nissan 240SX. Only had leather in the Acura, but because the people before didn't take care of it, it was all ripped where you would turn to get out of the seat. Other than that it held up okay for not being well taken care of before me.

I'm not sure what to expect out of this car. I decided to go with American this time because it looked like they came a hell of a long way from the type of car they were making in the 90's and early 2000's. I'm sure it'll have to be re-stitched as long as I plan on keeping this one.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
[QUOTE=CamaroKevin;5905161]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post

Thanks! I'll take a look at it tomorrow and check that out just to see if that could be it.
This is a common problem, good luck

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post5756887
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leather, seats, wear