Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #127
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Let's get back on the topic

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #128
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
ROFL. Hey, take a look at the discussion relating to that wiki article and see what you notice. I've been fixing the myriad errors in that article for some time now, and have been preparing to fix the biggest error, the reference to the car as an AC Cobra, for well over a year. The first half of the statement you quote was placed there by me, the second half is yet another minor 'revolt' against my efforts to turn this into something that resembles an accurate, historical account of the Shelby Cobra by those who are more concerned with their own opinion on the matter than actual fact. (it is far from the first attempt)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I understand this point of view as it relates to the 289 Cobra, although I don't necessarily agree with it. Ultimately the car was basically a tweaked AC Ace 2.6 (the Bristol mentioned incorrectly by somebody elsewhere in this thread had a higher hood line) with a 289 under the hood. The 427 Cobra was designed from the outset by Shelby American and Ford to be a Shelby. The 427 shared no major components with the 289 model Cobra or any existing AC design utilizing a completely different suspension, chassis, and body. AC only produced cars for their own purposed on this chassis after Shelby concluded his run of vehicles and, in the case of the 427 cars, was nothing more than a contractor producing a chassis and body for Shelby American.

The legal manufacturer of record for both cars, according to Auto Carrier and Shelby American, was Shelby American.
so are u sayin this from ur own knowledge. ur are u are u using wikipedia.org for this info?
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #129
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6 View Post
so are u sayin this from ur own knowledge. ur are u are u using wikipedia.org for this info?
Responded by pm to avoid taking the thread further off topic.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #130
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

any way like i said way back before this is comparing apples (ford) to oranges (chevy)
Old 07-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #131
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

no more on this topic i see
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #132
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I don't think GM is afraid of getting into a war with the Ford boys, they never have been before and I'm sure they researched this to death before heading down this road. They always seem to have an ace in the hole so I'm not real worried.

The LSA still has plenty of room to grow but keep in mind that the LS-9 is also 6.2l (the super official piece of paper taped to the dash of the test mule said nothing about LSA) and is cranking out 640hp and still has more legs. Also, GM has done some work on a turbo LS motor so who knows what they may bust out if Ford decides to get crazy. Word is that GM is looking to move the Corvette upmarket with the next generation and several months back there was a quote from one of the big wigs at GM (don't remember who, just that Paul and I both got excited after hearing it) saying that they are not worried about stepping on the current Corvette's toes.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #133
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I don't think GM is afraid of getting into a war with the Ford boys, they never have been before and I'm sure they researched this to death before heading down this road. They always seem to have an ace in the hole so I'm not real worried.

The LSA still has plenty of room to grow but keep in mind that the LS-9 is also 6.2l (the super official piece of paper taped to the dash of the test mule said nothing about LSA) and is cranking out 640hp and still has more legs. Also, GM has done some work on a turbo LS motor so who knows what they may bust out if Ford decides to get crazy. Word is that GM is looking to move the Corvette upmarket with the next generation and several months back there was a quote from one of the big wigs at GM (don't remember who, just that Paul and I both got excited after hearing it) saying that they are not worried about stepping on the current Corvette's toes.

Even if Z28 comes equipped like I'm thinking it will, I still don't think it'll step on Z06s toes; that'd be if it did, but that's a lot of power-to-weight to overcome. I'm still enthused

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #134
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the LS1 shared by both the camaro and vette? The vette still had the edge since it weighed less and was about .4 faster than the camaro. I wouldn't think they would have a problem sharing the same engine again.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #135
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the LS1 shared by both the camaro and vette? The vette still had the edge since it weighed less and was about .4 faster than the camaro. I wouldn't think they would have a problem sharing the same engine again.
um the ls3 is shared between the two right now. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #136
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Everyone needs to get it out of there heads to think that any camaro is going to out run the vette. It will never happen stock to stock. Corvette is just to light and GM won't let happen anyhow. I think what we are going to see is a corvette that is much higher in price even more than the ZR/1 ,with a lot less built, and with a lot more performance than even the ZR/1. What any of this has to do with the GT500 and the Z/28 is beyond me.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #137
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
I don't recall what the fastest time for a stock LS1 'Vette was, but I know that the fastest run I'd seen in a good magazine was a 12.8 I believe. I haven't checked LS1tech or anything, but I dont' believe a C5 LS1 was that much quicker; I believe it was a touch quicker though

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
um the ls3 is shared between the too right now. . .
Yup. If Z28 has enough power to overcome the weight advantage 'Vette has, and if it gets sufficient handling improvements, I believe it would nip at the heals of Z06. Look at what some of our Sponsor's cars run. One can pull 1.34g on OEM tires/wheels and another posted 1.38 on sticky street tires and 19" wheels. The potential is there; how far GM takes it is up to them. If we have to, there's always the aftermarket to look to, to make up for any deficiencies that we might find Thank goodness for our Sponsors

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #138
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Everyone needs to get it out of there heads to think that any camaro is going to out run the vette. It will never happen stock to stock. Corvette is just to light and GM won't let happen anyhow. I think what we are going to see is a corvette that is much higher in price even more than the ZR/1 ,with a lot less built, and with a lot more performance than even the ZR/1. What any of this has to do with the GT500 and the Z/28 is beyond me.

they keep saying they have no problems stepping on the toes (base vette) of the vette. nothing about the head (ZR1).

I have no doubt the base price will go up. it has with every generation. just watch it starting price 55k when the C7 comes out.

as what his has to do with the GT500 and Z28. . . GT500 was made by ford to go after the vette. that's why they are compared all the time. and people believe the Z/28 won't step on the vette to compete with the GT500. but I don't see it as a problem.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #139
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
they keep saying they have no problems stepping on the toes (base vette) of the vette. nothing about the head (ZR1).

I have no doubt the base price will go up. it has with every generation. just watch it starting price 55k when the C7 comes out.

as what his has to do with the GT500 and Z28. . . GT500 was made by ford to go after the vette. that's why they are compared all the time. and people believe the Z/28 won't step on the vette to compete with the GT500. but I don't see it as a problem.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #140
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
GM has to be VERY careful with the HP they put in the Z-28. They do not want to leach sales of the Z-06.

Ford on the other hand has nothing above the GT-500. And if they could "easily throw on another 100 HP" they would.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote