Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Cars are cars on the assembly line. IIRC GM uses the same supplier for both cars bumpers. They are plastic and sometimes the molds are just wrong.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
bballr, when they did the mailbu's did they remove and paint the whole bumper or just touch it up. I do not want some cheesy touch up garbage!
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
They removed the whole bumper and fix it up.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Kutch720, DITTO,
our VR has the same problem, it is an alignment problem, take a piece of paper, slide it in the gap by the side marker then slide it up, when you get to where the paint is peeling it is tight. Ours looks like the paint is "tore" I saw our the first day we saw the car, told them I wanted it fixed, but later just incase they break something when taking the bumper off, I don't want there to be an issue of not getting parts.
A friend of mine paints cars and he said he would not have the whole bumper painted, way too many issues with color matching. If you look close the color on the plastic parts is a little different shade than the red on the metal. He actually said they should fix the mis allignment problem, then have them sand with 800 grit and paint that edge (which is really all it is) with paint and clear mixed. He said this would be better than the whole bumper cover baing painted.

Kutch 720, is yours on both sides of the car in the exact same location? ours is, I first thought it was maybe how they held the cover while placing it on the car. let me know what your dealer says, PM me. Ours definately said they would fix it and it would take longer to take the bumper cover off than to fix it, but I have not spoken to the bodyshop guy to ask "how" he planned on fixing it.

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
GUNIT
RKFDGEO- chicago5thgen

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM Auto
Send a message via AIM to GUNIT Send a message via Yahoo to GUNIT Send a message via Skype™ to GUNIT
I have the same thing on my 2010 Camaro, paint coming off rear bumper in the seam where it is next to the quarter panel.
GUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
YancyJohns

Drives: Camaro Performers Magazine
Ditto, I have the same problem in the same place. I also notices how soft the paint was on the front bumper. Any small rocks/sand of the road causes a chip, I'm going w/ a 3m invisible bra. GM can do better than this.
Camaro Performers Magazine SS/RS- 416 stroker, MagnaCharger TVS2300, DSE Sway, Baer 6S Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, BFG Rival, JBA Long tube/Exhaust, Center-Force Clutch, BMR-sfc,ta,tr, Energy Suspension poly kit, ADM CAI & Fuel pump, Norris PCV/Tune, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, DSS 9" rear ind rear, Innov. West pulleys/8 rib, Pedders Super cloil-overs, MGW shifter,/Seibon/ Anvil carbon Fiber. Owner-American Street Car Series and as seen on R U Faster than a Redneck?...lol
YancyJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #21
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
ours will be painted next week, whole bumper from what they said, and they will hang the bumper so there is more room for expansion

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
bobbyjpgh

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White A6
K, I got mine back last wk from my dealers body shop. They repainted both sides of the bumper but again it's peeling off. I have to take it back on the 27th to be redone again. After the 3rd attempt I beleive it's considered a lemon. I hate to say it but if it's not fixed this time I'm getting my money back. I love my car but GM is dropping the ball on QC w this car, one issue after another and they keep trying a quick fix to remedy it. I paid cash for my car and waited like the rest of u so long for the car to come out. But when I could have bought whatever I wanted and opted for this I never expected so many issues. I'm trying to be patient but GM needs to fix these issues at the plant and if not have a better gameplan for QC!
bobbyjpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #23
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
So you're going to take your car back to the dealer and get your money back because of a paint split in the crack where the bumper meets the body? Is that what you refer to "these issues" "one after another" that they try "quick fixes" on "so many issues"??? I think you are exaggerating to a ridiculous extent. Were you happy with your last car? Sounds like you're impossibly picky. If I had that issue I'd get a drop of touchup paint and see what I could do, not demand two repaints and a full refund. I'm aghast.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
bigblockronni

Drives: 2010 camaro
I have the same problem with the paint rubbing off both the frt & rear bumpers. It looks as if they were just bolted on too tightly and the flexing of the car while driving is causing it to rub the paint off. We took it back and the body shop tried to touch it up but that looked like CRAP!!! All the paint did was fill up the gap at the fender & quarters! The dealer is now gonna talk to GM rep and decide what next. I really don't want to paint the bumpers but I want this problem fixed.
bigblockronni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
67/10 RS/SS

Drives: lots!
We have the same problem. Victory red, it started on one side and has now moved to the other. Dealer is reviewing it and talking to GM. They are suspecting an alignment issue and not necessarily a paint/prep problem. All the flaking is down in the joint between the bumper and quarter and all flaking is on the bumper (plastic). The bottom line, the bumper won't rust, and they will have to fix it as long as we own the car now that it is documented. Lemon? nah..just an inconvenience.
67/10 RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #26
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Kutch is it coming off at the seam between the parking light and the spoiler or the seem that runs front to back above the parking ? Hope you all get them touched up an to your liking

Last edited by 69 Hugger; 07-29-2009 at 03:34 PM.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
67/10 RS/SS

Drives: lots!
In discussion with the dealer they reported the problem to GM. While on they wer on the phone with GM they were told that GM would pay for repainting. I took a couple hours to think about painting completely or touching up and getting the right fix later. I decided to just have it touched up and see what "fix" would be found.

In the meantime, GM called the dealer back and asked them to contact me. When i got to the dealership they had done nothing to to bumper. GM wants the faulty bumper for investigatin but wanted me to be happy. They are providing a completely new bumper and taking the bumper back with the flaking. All other dealers have "fixed" the problem by painting or touching up the area before GM could get the bad bumper. They (GM QC) are taking the bad bumper back to evaluate it and make a decision as to the correct final solution. I will post information as I get it. GM really appears to want this, and anything else found, to be fixed to OUR satistaction. Maybe it really is the "new" GM!!! I have purchased nothing but GM for 30 years and have purchased other vehicles that were "new" and was never treated this good!
67/10 RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #28
guppies1

Drives: Toyota
I want to get a Camaro so bad a month ago. Now I am glad I found this site and found out there are so many problems with this. Not good for GM at all.
guppies1 is offline   Reply With Quote