Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #57
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Our 13s are rare track cars..... You guys shouldnt worry..... Lol

We have a few all year round drivers in MI, I am not one of them. Never again driving a nice car in winter. My cobalt ss turbo is my DD and its killing me in winter..... Black too. I need a beater bad.
I have a sweet deal on a 2003 Cavalier...runs GREAT! New Michelins..4 new struts, front and rear brakes done today, new tie rods and ball joints yesterday, new fuel pump last November and have a new fuel pump/sending unit in box. Tuned up October (Delco irridiums) Penn Platinum changed Monday, new air filter, new muffler, no SES codes. No smoke.

No heat (heater core damaged during theft of radio, windshield cracked..sunroof off track, radio ripped out/stolen ($50 Kenwood) 53 dents in body, rocker rust, console ripped out..gauges don't work (speedo does, but is 13 mph off) got pulled over a few times. All lights work.

No suspension issues, idles great...31 mpg. Rides like a f***ing Cadillac now! Awesome, no vibration cruising..Doesn't pick up chicks well, but ya can't have it all.

$700

Even has a new replacement hood in EDP coated flat black...in case you get lonely through our miserable Michigan winters...

I'll even throw in some fuzzy dice and air fresheners and a can of fix a flat....and a gallon of windshield washer fluid.

As-is..no warranty.
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #58
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
If salt is so bad for a car. Why is it used. I know that's probably a dumb question but it's a serious one.
CHEAP and readily available resource that works better than anything else.
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #59
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
You keep enjoying your garage queen and keep abusing your job privileges...

And I'll enjoy actually driving my car, and hopefully I will never meet a person like you in real life.

BTW, can I ask which insurance company you work for? They might have a number of people like you.
He provided a perfectly legal reason to deny your claim. If a person says "they don't know what happened"...an insurance company has the right to refuse AND a legal obligation to inquire and assure, beyond a reasonable doubt, what exactly happened to their interest. YES, I said INTEREST. They (insurance companies) do, by law, have to provide whatever coverage the insured is covered under, HOWEVER, if there is speculation, issue, black holes in a story, the insurance company can refuse to pay for comprehensive and or collision coverage. They do and must provide medical coverage allowed by policy and individual state law.

In essence, the poster is correct to a point, furthered with personal opinion. Why take a 1LE with summer only tires that GM HIGHLY recommends NOT driving in temperatures under 40 degrees OR during periods of heavy rainfall (insert slush here) as these tires have no means to dissipate rain, let alone slush which is much more dense than rain.

To each his own...I just do not understand the rationale of buying a track specific/purpose built car (step up from a 1SS/2SS) spending $1200 on a set of winter tires...and trashing the hell out of it.

Is this car more special than any other car or anyone else? Yes. Is it exotic? No. Rare? no. You do not see guys driving late model Porsche's, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martin cars in the winter, in slow, sleet, salt...do ya?

No...

Why?

Income...people CAN AFFORD a winter car!

Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you.
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #60
xrivera91

 
xrivera91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 07002
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
He provided a perfectly legal reason to deny your claim. If a person says "they don't know what happened"...an insurance company has the right to refuse AND a legal obligation to inquire and assure, beyond a reasonable doubt, what exactly happened to their interest. YES, I said INTEREST. They (insurance companies) do, by law, have to provide whatever coverage the insured is covered under, HOWEVER, if there is speculation, issue, black holes in a story, the insurance company can refuse to pay for comprehensive and or collision coverage. They do and must provide medical coverage allowed by policy and individual state law.

In essence, the poster is correct to a point, furthered with personal opinion. Why take a 1LE with summer only tires that GM HIGHLY recommends NOT driving in temperatures under 40 degrees OR during periods of heavy rainfall (insert slush here) as these tires have no means to dissipate rain, let alone slush which is much more dense than rain.

To each his own...I just do not understand the rationale of buying a track specific/purpose built car (step up from a 1SS/2SS) spending $1200 on a set of winter tires...and trashing the hell out of it.

Is this car more special than any other car or anyone else? Yes. Is it exotic? No. Rare? no. You do not see guys driving late model Porsche's, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martin cars in the winter, in slow, sleet, salt...do ya?

No...

Why?

Income...people CAN AFFORD a winter car!

Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you.
https://youtu.be/DJM7AEUBmkk

Lmao sorry I had to. Anyways I can see why some might not want to drive it during these types of conditions. I'm just too in love with my car to keep it put away. Hopefully soon I make enough to just go out and buy a car for the winter.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #61
Jayjellyfish212

 
Jayjellyfish212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,513
@ Electric- please keep enjoying driving your car... Do the world a favor and drive it off a cliff so we all can enjoy the world with less people like you
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #62
xrivera91

 
xrivera91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 07002
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
@ Electric- please keep enjoying driving your car... Do the world a favor and drive it off a cliff so we all can enjoy the world with less people like you
Now that's a little too far.
A lot of these threads go down hill way too often.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #63
Electric
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
He provided a perfectly legal reason to deny your claim. If a person says "they don't know what happened"...an insurance company has the right to refuse AND a legal obligation to inquire and assure, beyond a reasonable doubt, what exactly happened to their interest. YES, I said INTEREST. They (insurance companies) do, by law, have to provide whatever coverage the insured is covered under, HOWEVER, if there is speculation, issue, black holes in a story, the insurance company can refuse to pay for comprehensive and or collision coverage. They do and must provide medical coverage allowed by policy and individual state law.

In essence, the poster is correct to a point, furthered with personal opinion. Why take a 1LE with summer only tires that GM HIGHLY recommends NOT driving in temperatures under 40 degrees OR during periods of heavy rainfall (insert slush here) as these tires have no means to dissipate rain, let alone slush which is much more dense than rain.

To each his own...I just do not understand the rationale of buying a track specific/purpose built car (step up from a 1SS/2SS) spending $1200 on a set of winter tires...and trashing the hell out of it.

Is this car more special than any other car or anyone else? Yes. Is it exotic? No. Rare? no. You do not see guys driving late model Porsche's, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martin cars in the winter, in slow, sleet, salt...do ya?

No...

Why?

Income...people CAN AFFORD a winter car!

Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you.

I choose to drive my car in the winder. Nothing prohibits me from doing so. There is a statement that the car comes with unsuitable tires which might give insurance a reason to try to scam you. However, once you replace the tires with winter or all-season tires, insurance company has no right to deny a winter loss of control claim.

No one has the right to tell me when to use the car. It's a street legal car and I can drive it on any public road, as long as that road is open.

Everything else you say is your personal opinion, which I disagree, but there is no point to ague.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #64
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
https://youtu.be/DJM7AEUBmkk

Lmao sorry I had to. Anyways I can see why some might not want to drive it during these types of conditions. I'm just too in love with my car to keep it put away. Hopefully soon I make enough to just go out and buy a car for the winter.
Priceless!

Obviously Paris Hilton or an NBA star with more expendable income than brains!
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #65
Electric
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
Now that's a little too far.
A lot of these threads go down hill way too often.
That response was expected, his original post is written in the same manner.

Some people just think that the world should do what they think is right. They also think that people can not think for themselves, yet they are the ones acting like a moron. (as was proven by the post you quoted)
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #66
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
You are just jealous of our mindset. And the banks got all of us by the balls anyways… How many people can afford a house without financing?
loll, not jealous at all, been there, done that, live and learn.

Food/water, shelter and clothing. Let's dismiss those 3 from the argument.

Regarding shelter(house) financing, this is not categorized as personal debt. Not the figures you see and read about, on what the average household debt in America and Canada is. Those figures do_not include mortgage.

The figures are mind blowing, I'm in awe to be frank.

Not blaming anyone on here, or I would be yet an other hypocrite if I did.

They are at fault really, but it would help if the end user practiced some discipline, don't you think?

I mean, you can't blame the thousands of students who are on average $50000+ in debt, from education costs, nor will I finger point, at a new born baby in the USA, when government debt is shared, owes close to $50000!

That's right, that's the amount every new US new born owes, the moment the take their first breath! I'm not even calculating what Ma and Pa owe at that time.

.......So, now here we all are, all in good fun of course, arguing (ahem) debating, why one should drive their 1LE in the salt and snow, and not give a rats ass???????
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #67
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
I choose to drive my car in the winder. Nothing prohibits me from doing so. There is a statement that the car comes with unsuitable tires which might give insurance a reason to try to scam you. However, once I replace the tires with winter or all-season tires, insurance company has no right to deny a winter loss of control claim.

No one has the right to tell me when to use the car. It's a street legal car and I can drive it on any public road, as long as that road is open.

Everything else you say is your personal opinion, which I disagree, but there is no point to ague.
True..NOBODY has the right to tell you what to do...or what to drive during winder.

The 1LE is a street legal car? Hope so...otherwise, it wouldn't be insurable as driven on public roadways.

HOWEVER, the insurance company can and will hold a driver partially responsible if it is shown the operator, by act, failed to properly configure their car for such conditions (example..G2's in 20 degree weather with or without snow) and is the same for bald tire/s, bad brakes (pads worn) excessive speed (with traffic citation issued) If you are partially negligent, expect insurance companies to balk at demands to be made fully whole. Are the insurance companies trying to SCAM you, as you state? NO, READ YOUR POLICY!
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #68
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,984
Try selling your 5th gen and you'll find out how valuable and collectible they are. (not very!)
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #69
LT1Zob

 
LT1Zob's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 AGM 1LE 2SSRS / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 1,503
"Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you"

Give the man a prize. Perfectly said. Again, if you live somewhere warm year around, enjoy your car. But if you're one of us freezing 6 months out of the year, don't act like a soccer mom with a H1 Hummer. You bought it because it's "cool" but don't use it for what it's meant. And it's not meant to be winter transportation, like the H1 wasn't meant to be parked at the spa all day.
__________________
Production # 0065
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #70
Electric
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
HOWEVER, the insurance company can and will hold a driver partially responsible if it is shown the operator, by act, failed to properly configure their car for such conditions (example..G2's in 20 degree weather with or without snow) and is the same for bald tire/s, bad brakes (pads worn) excessive speed (with traffic citation issued) If you are partially negligent, expect insurance companies to balk at demands to be made fully whole. Are the insurance companies trying to SCAM you, as you state? NO, READ YOUR POLICY!
Sure, I'll give you this one.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.