Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
Munday Chevrolet in Houston Screwed Me on Delivery Day

yesterday...my mom and i went to go check on my new camaro that had arrived earlier that day at munday chevrolet in houston. while looking at the camaro...we noticed that the invoice sticker did not have the high wing spoiler that i had ordered with the car (i did not really want it but thats what started everything). we were there to just get the paperwork ready to go in the next day and sign and drive away with the camaro. easier said than done.

i ordered a black on black with cyber gray rally stripes 2ss/rs...while looking at the price they handed us we noticed that they still had the high wing spoiler on the price which the car did not have and they refused to take it off because the tail spoiler (the ss automatically comes with) "had to be worth something". after about 30 minutes of arguing that they better take that off and the dealer threatening to sale the car...we came to a conclusion on the price.

we began to talk about my trade in...a 2005 acura rsx which is easily worth at least 12k, but they would only give us 8500. we told them that we would sell it outside unless they made a better offer for my car. the dealer then began to threaten us again saying "there have been about 30 people wanting to buy this car and i could sell this car easily if you do not want it". we never said we never wanted the camaro, as this dealer may have already had his mind set on to not sell me my own pre-ordered camaro.

...finally before we left we concluded with a set price on just the camaro.

today...my mom and i called around for the best credit union rates. after picking a credit union it took about 3 hours to finish all the paperwork that was needed. when the credit union tried to call munday chevrolet for information about the car, they refused to give our own credit union some information. we then called munday to share the information as the credit union had called to tell us munday was not being helpful.
...finally munday then sent the invoice to both the credit union and myself via fax. my mom then noticed that munday had added a protection plan which we did not sign up for nor knew anything about which was 1500. this plan was supposably to protect the paint and make it shinier...the fact the a black car is already shiny...how would we know if they actually added what they said they added? my mom then called munday to ask what was going on with that protection plan as we had already agreed on a price the night before. the dealer repeated again, "you either pay the 1500 extra or leave the car and we will sell it to another customer". my mom then asked for the manager which was not there at the time but later returned her call saying that "we either take it as is or leave it". we also called another local dealership to confirm if it was a standard protection and robbins chevrolet confirmed that it was an optional plan.

we had already got a loan for 24k and now we would have to redo it to get a 26k loan instead because of this add on. we had also put down 2k when we pre-ordered the car back in january. we were planning on putting 3k more down plus the money we would get for the acura rsx.

...my mom will call gm tomorrow to complain about the situation while im at work to see how this will be settled and if nothing would happen...even though ive waited for this camaro since it debuted i will look to get another car thats not a gm vehicle.
RSm1thX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Your other thread got deleted without explanation? Is your story true?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24763

You thread re-appeared...
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
That sounds like typical BS, only this time the dealer didnt have the balls to call it a markup due to "Market Value", they were trying to slip more things in there to leach more money out of you. Sounds to me like they didnt want to sell you that car... probably because some high roller walked in while your car was sitting there and said "I'll give you 5k over sticker for that car right now". I wouldnt doubt it for a second, they were not trying to make that sale, they were trying to get you to say that you didnt want the car.

Tell them you dont want to give your money to a bunch of snakes disguising themselves as new car salesmen, and take your business to one of the many reputable dealers represented on this forum. Im sorry to hear about yet another shiesty dealership, but soon, these dealers will be out of business, and those car salesmen will be working at the local drive-thru car wash... you can chat with them laughingly telling them how much cheaper you got your camaro for and that they missed a spot on the window!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote