Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #71
NoR CaL SFC
Metal Foot

Drives: Camaro
Whats better supercharger or turbo?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #72
ToddSS
ZZ Motorsports Sales Rep

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Tom,

You can put me down on the list for the initial L99 buy in. If the TQ numbers are anywhere close to where I think they will be it will be a done deal.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #73
Ultimate Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSS View Post
Tom,

You can put me down on the list for the initial L99 buy in. If the TQ numbers are anywhere close to where I think they will be it will be a done deal.
Thanks Todd...I got your PM and I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #74
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoR CaL SFC View Post
Whats better supercharger or turbo?
This opens up a big can of worms because this debate has gone on as long as the two have been out!

The differences that I note (from having a Supercharged 650 horse C5 Vette and a slew of Grand Nationals) is that the supercharger power is more linear, in that the higher the rpm's go, the higher the power goes. The power curve is like a ramp instead of a tabletop like a turbo. This makes it easier to hook the car up (unless you drop the clutch at 3k rpm's or foot brake a stall converter, then both will kill some tires) .......advantage blower. Blowers are cheaper to buy........ Advantage blower. They have belts too, which can break............ advantage turbo. They also use power to make power......another advantage turbo.

In my opinion, one of the the Coolest things about a turbo is that you can use a boost controller (some Guys have used them with success on superchargers too though)! You can have a 5-7 psi "Street car" and then push a button and have your car go into Kill Mode" (higher boost)! Another thing about a turbo is the torque that it makes all the way through the power band! This makes for a VERY Enjoyable Street Car! Big horse numbers are nice, but torque is where it's at, and turbos make torque!

The turbo setups for a V8, providing the turbo is sized correctly for the application, will usually run better on the street because of the power under the curve that they make. In a properly sized V8 turbo setup, lag won't be a problem. The problem with turbo setups, is that peeps think that if a T62 will work, then a T88 should be better........WRONG!

The example that I'll give is that quite a few Supras use the big turbo setups and need N20 to spool them because they're so Huge. Once they get rolling, it's Game on, but most can't do it without some help (or race from 40 mph and up because the hair dryer is spooled already and in its "Sweet Spot"). Granted, not all Supras are like this, but quite a few are.

You can't go wrong with either, but if money was no object, I'd take a turbo!

The OP's setup looks like a Nice setup and appears to be a well thought out system that wasn't just slapped together to get out there and sell kits!

I just hit a little of my side of the debate, but I hope that this helped a little.

Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #75
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
Well again the introductory price will be $6995. We will have TONS of pictures this week. We are finishing up the final details of the welding, placements of parts, and details on injectors/engine management.

We are working with a very well known injector company to provide a whole new line of injectors for the L99 and LS3 that have been proven on hundreds of other cars.

Sorry for the delay but we want to make sure that everything is perfect and in its final location when we post pictures up.

6.2 liters spooling up one medium size turbo is going to spool up very very fast. We will post up the Throttle Position Sensor vs Boost Graph when we are on the dyno for you.

Thanks and give us a call if you have any questions!

its this week....

where are our pics!?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #76
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Arrow

Quote:
Well again the introductory price will be $6995. We will have TONS of pictures this week.
What will the cost be with installation?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #77
03ss

Drives: 03' Silverado SS/ TBSS 06'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Performance View Post
HP Tuner will be included and this kit should be very simple to install, even for a novice.

We were even thinking about letting our wives/girlfriends reinstall the kit on our shop car just to show how easy it can be.
Sounds like it will be pretty straight forward. Very interested in seeing some Pics of your progress. (Something more than another guy holding a turbo in front of the car).
What type of HP tuners will be included? The basic cable or will it be a mail in your computer deal?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #78
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Well we will have all the pictures up by Friday. We want to make sure that we are 100% satisfied with every location before we put any of the pictures out. We cant wait to get this thing on the dyno though. This is going to be very exciting.

As far as the install price, we will have that figured out very soon. It will be a pretty simple install and we will definitely keep the cost down. The whole goal here is for a very affordable, high quality, self-installable, bolt on turbo kit that you can make from 500-700 whp without changing a thing. We also are making sure that it is fully upgradable in the future with minor changes.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #79
JTinFL

We will be making an option for the couple of different methods for tuning.

Last edited by JTinFL; 09-23-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #80
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Arrow

Quote:
As far as the install price, we will have that figured out very soon. It will be a pretty simple install and we will definitely keep the cost down. The whole goal here is for a very affordable, high quality, self-installable, bolt on turbo kit that you can make from 500-700 whp without changing a thing. We also are making sure that it is fully upgradable in the future with minor changes.
As I assume you're doing, it's better to take a little extra time up front to get it right the first time around.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #81
JTinFL

FREE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!! (First three kits only)

Ok guys, well we have decided that on the first three kits we sell, we are going to offer free installation. This free installation will include the full install of our Ultimate Performance Single Turbo kit for the SS Camaro. We have decided to do this free install on the first three to make sure that our instructions are very very thorough and have no questions left to be asked. We are wrapping up our initial kit on our shop car and will have pictures up very soon of the whole entire kit.

This free install is for SS Camaro (L99 or LS3) and limited to the first three kits. These kits will be sold at our introductory offer of $6799!!!!! Don't miss out and this will be done in order of deposits taken for the kits.

Last edited by JTinFL; 09-23-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #82
ToddSS
ZZ Motorsports Sales Rep

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Your killing me! Free install! Dang, I wish I lived closer.

Is it Friday there yet? I want to see some pics.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #83
JTinFL

No problem. Pictures will be up tomorrow afternoon.

You could always ship your car to us. It really is not very expensive at all.

Looks like we have our first person ready to sign up.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 AM   #84
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Photo's and Dyno please please please

Closed Thread