Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #1779
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hey guys. Just found this page live in Bloomington Indiana and just got my Camaro in march and have loved everyday of it. would love to know if there are any local camaro clubs or anything in bloomington or other locals bloomington individuals who might want to start something?
Hope to someday make it to a Indiana event
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #1780
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
Hey guys. Just found this page live in Bloomington Indiana and just got my Camaro in march and have loved everyday of it. would love to know if there are any local camaro clubs or anything in bloomington or other locals bloomington individuals who might want to start something?
Welcome! The closest "club" would be the Indiana Next Generation Camaro Club (link in my signature). We are based out of Indy but have already had cruises down your way several times this year. Our Facebook Group page has the most up to date info with events and where we are hanging out. We just started the club this year and have over 60 paid members currently - all with 5th Gen Camaros!
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #1781
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Camaro5 Fest is in Indy only a few wks away

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #1782
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Welcome
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #1783
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Hello everyone! I'm was paroozing through your thread and see that some of you are going to the Volo All Camaro Show this Saturday (July20th), Camarovanning up on Friday to the HI Express for the night. My wife and I will be driving (3 hours) up for the event as well from central Illinois and might be going up Friday and staying at the same place as y'all. This all depends on when we both can get off work. If not, we'll be driving up early Saturday morning. So, maybe we'll see you at the motel. Eitherway, we'll see you at the show on Saturday!

I'm a member of the Chicago 5th Gen Club so we go to the Chicago area periodically for events. Don't know if anyone in your group is familiar with the are you are going to, but I wanted to suggest a restaurant for you to consider. If you love fresh seafood, this place is for you! It's called Bob Chinn's Crab house. Website here: http://www.bobchinns.com/ This is the main reason my wife and I wanted to drive up Friday, to go to this place. It is awesome!

Have a safe trip up.

fastfreddie

PS. I grew up in New Castle so Indiana is still home to me and my wife and I love to visit Indy often.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #1784
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
Hello everyone! I'm was paroozing through your thread and see that some of you are going to the Volo All Camaro Show this Saturday (July20th), Camarovanning up on Friday to the HI Express for the night. My wife and I will be driving (3 hours) up for the event as well from central Illinois and might be going up Friday and staying at the same place as y'all. This all depends on when we both can get off work. If not, we'll be driving up early Saturday morning. So, maybe we'll see you at the motel. Eitherway, we'll see you at the show on Saturday!

I'm a member of the Chicago 5th Gen Club so we go to the Chicago area periodically for events. Don't know if anyone in your group is familiar with the are you are going to, but I wanted to suggest a restaurant for you to consider. If you love fresh seafood, this place is for you! It's called Bob Chinn's Crab house. Website here: http://www.bobchinns.com/ This is the main reason my wife and I wanted to drive up Friday, to go to this place. It is awesome!

Have a safe trip up.

fastfreddie

PS. I grew up in New Castle so Indiana is still home to me and my wife and I love to visit Indy often.
Awesome! Right now we have 4 cars coming up (including myself and hrpiii) here on C5. We will certainly see you somewhere - I know Dan with C5G mentioned rolling into the show with your group. We are going to meet up with him Friday after we get there. Thanks - Appreciate the info
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #1785
finhead5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Wish I would have found this thread earlier!! I am from Kokomo, and I go to college near Fort Wayne. Is there any meet ups or anything in the next couple of months?? I would love to go to one.
finhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #1786
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
see that some of you are going to the Volo All Camaro Show this Saturday (July20th),
I wish there was anything remotely like this EVER in the NKY/Greater Cincy area but you're lucky if you stumble across some small show where there's even one other Gen5 in it.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #1787
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by finhead5 View Post
Wish I would have found this thread earlier!! I am from Kokomo, and I go to college near Fort Wayne. Is there any meet ups or anything in the next couple of months?? I would love to go to one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
I wish there was anything remotely like this EVER in the NKY/Greater Cincy area but you're lucky if you stumble across some small show where there's even one other Gen5 in it.
As I posted earlier - we communicate most of our events through the NexGen FaceBook page. Obviously C5Fest will be the next big meet up. August 25th we are also doing a cruise out to Brookville Lake. Some of the Derby City Camaro Club is going to meet us out there, maybe the Cincy group can to?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1788
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
...we are also doing a cruise out to Brookville Lake. Some of the Derby City Camaro Club is going to meet us out there, maybe the Cincy group can to?
That's the thing, I've never been able to find a/any Cincy group.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #1789
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
That's the thing, I've never been able to find a/any Cincy group.
Sorry, guess I should have clarified - I don't know if there is any "organized club" but I know they have their own thread her where they all seem to post.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #1790
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Quote:
I'm surprised to hear that. Cinncinatti is a big enough town have 5th Gen gatherings. maybe you should move. J/K!

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #1791
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
I'm surprised to hear that. Cinncinatti is a big enough town have 5th Gen gatherings. maybe you should move. J/K!
It was nice meeting you fastfreddie, and what a beautiful car you have. That pic is just a taste of what it really looks like in person, very nice job on it!

Volo was magnificant! What an event and so many beautiful cars from all generations.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #1792
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
It was nice meeting you fastfreddie, and what a beautiful car you have. That pic is just a taste of what it really looks like in person, very nice job on it!

Volo was magnificant! What an event and so many beautiful cars from all generations.
Same here - awesome car Freddie, glad to meet you!