Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 01-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Las Cruces, NM Pit Stop for West Coaster Caravans

Hey there everyone. A few of us in the Las Cruces,NM and El Paso, TX area are planning on caravaning to Camaro5Fest this year and had a brief discussion with our northern brothers and sisters from CCNM in Albuquerque about the possibility on booking a hotel for that Wednesday night before the fest. It's only a 9-10 hour drive from Las Cruces to Baytown, but add in another 3-4 hours for the guys in Albuquerque would kinda stretch it a bit for them, so would anybody that may be traveling from Colorado, California, Phoenix, Tuscon and others in the southwest region be up for wanting to book a pit stop to rest and relax before continuing the long travel to the Houston area for Camaro5Fest V?

Mybe a few that attended Camaro5Fest 2 in Phoenix remember a similar setting when the Garden Inn Hilton here in Cruces was set up for those traveling to get some R&R. We could put something together just like that if there is enough interest to find a lodge that would accommodate a group of our size for the right price of course.

Here are a few photos from 2011 to give ya an idea.

Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Great idea Charlie, thanks for getting the ball rolling.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Thinking about going there ( Fest ) this year , but will be stoping by LAS Cruces NM if there will be at least a very cold ONE ready at arrival ,
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
i will be up for it.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Thinking about going there ( Fest ) this year , but will be stoping by LAS Cruces NM if there will be at least a very cold ONE ready at arrival ,
I have no doubt that would be no problem at all! What would you like available? IPA, STOUT, PORTER, BLONDE LAGER?!

We figured that folks in the Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff, SoCal and maybe even Denver and Colorado Springs that are debating about making the trek would be concerned on how much time they would need to travel and where would they stay. I for one when making such journeys enjoy having company for a road trip and this in our eyes would be a great way to form new comraderies and help make the travel much more fun if a good chunk gather together at a halfway point.

As mentioned before, the folks from Albuquerque would need a 13 hour drive to tackle if they decided to do a whole day trip on let's say the Thursday before the Fest. 13 hours is a long drive, but if they decided to leave right after the general end of work time at either 5 or 6pm, and just stay the night in Las Cruces, it would reduce the commute to 10/9 hours, less time on the road and one less day to request off if the prior thought was to leave Wednesday in the middle of the day, stay somewhere in Texas and continue on with the trip on Thursday. Same consideration could be applied to those coming from Arizona.

We could leave at around 8am let's say and arrive in Baytown at around 6/7pm, granted that of course we would all need to stop to eat, gas up, and use the wee lad and ladies rooms, but the cool thing would be the caravan out to the fest.

This is all an early outline of what could be done, but as more and more people wish to partake in this, I'm sure that a few of us here in the Las Cruces/El Paso area would love to host the Camaro5 Community for our annual pilgrimage and look into seeing what we can do to accommodate in food and beverages to make your ordinary road trip just that much more enjoyable. Because the difference between ordinary and extraordinary, is just that little extra.

...sorry, I just had to put that quote in from the movie "...Waiting".
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
If you are coming down I10 be advised, while it is very long and straight and a great place to run hard, the fuel and pee stops are far and few between.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Cold One's and Car Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
We had a great Time Having A Pre Pit Party
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortious View Post
If you are coming down I10 be advised, while it is very long and straight and a great place to run hard, the fuel and pee stops are far and few between.
Very few and far between for sure. It's a thing around here that we practice called self control, lol.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That hotel, the stop, the people....that was an AWESOME time! Wish we were coming back through there as we'd stop with y'all!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That hotel, the stop, the people....that was an AWESOME time! Wish we were coming back through there as we'd stop with y'all!
Why not? It's only a 10 hour drive up northwest for you to make. How's this, I'll have a growler of our very best Porter from the area with your name on it waiting for ya if you make it up. I'll have labeled as "Senor Chingon el Administrador's Cerveza!"
Old 02-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
I remember staying at this place for CFII and it was a GREAT time!

While Las Cruces is out of the way for me to meet up (I live in Clovis, NM), I would be more than happy to meet up with you all somewhere along I-10. If someone in charge of the NM or West coast caravans would PM me I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
WhiteRiderv6

Drives: White 2010 Camaro
Have ya'll picked on a meeting spot? Interested in meeting up
WhiteRiderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #13
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Do you guys know what time you'll be heading out? I'd like to join in, but I probably won't stay there since it's not a far drive from tucson...
Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #14
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Well guys, our plans so far are to leave Las Cruces at 5:00am on Thursday, May 1st. From there we will meet the El Paso part of our group at approximately 6am of the east side of El Paso. Next we were planning on making a pit stop in Van Horn for fuel, but we may be able to change that to Ft. Stockton and use that as a meeting place for those coming from the eastern side of the state. Tentatively were planning on a late lunch in San Antonio and then make the 3hr jump to Baytown getting in about 6 or 7pm.

I will work on a map with approximate stopping times at each location.

If you all have any other ideas as to pit stops let us know. I think the only thing set in stone is the 5:00am departure time.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote