Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
Arch-City

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Carven R-Series Mufflers

Here is a short video of my car with the new 3" with X-Pipe and Carven R-Series Mufflers. Sounds best with headphones, cranked way up loud !!!

https://youtu.be/x_ltKBspnZY
Arch-City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Sounds good, never heard of that brand. Dyno numbers?

How does that car hook up on the street, you must be spinning the crap out of the tires.
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #3
Arch-City

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
Sounds good, never heard of that brand. Dyno numbers?

How does that car hook up on the street, you must be spinning the crap out of the tires.
Fairly new exhaust company in California, mostly known by truck guys.

I still have not picked car up yet, will be meeting Aaron on Sunday to get her.
Ryan and Aaron know more about how it drives right now, maybe one of them will see this and chime in.

Ryan, drove it back from the exhaust shop today and according to Aaron he got to show a Dodge that he was not a "Challenger" for this Super Sport.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Baddbird

Drives: 2014 2SS
Holy hell Doug I heard your car today and it is nasty!! If you are friends with your neighbors you won’t be for long. I got a good idle clip if you want it posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baddbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
sinisterlsx510

Drives: 14 ss camaro summit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddbird View Post
Holy hell Doug I heard your car today and it is nasty!! If you are friends with your neighbors you won’t be for long. I got a good idle clip if you want it posted

Post it... they almost have a similar sound to muffler no?

2019 sierra duramax 2500 all terrain x

2001 trans am
Lsx 408 ci rebuild in progress(dead project)

1967 camaro
Sbc 327.
sinisterlsx510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
Arch-City

Quote:

Sure, go ahead and post it. Ryan, said it's really mean also but not to bad inside the car. I will be meeting Aaron tomorrow afternoon to pick her up.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #7
Baddbird

Old 06-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #8
Baddbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-City View Post
Sure, go ahead and post it. Ryan, said it's really mean also but not to bad inside the car. I will be meeting Aaron tomorrow afternoon to pick her up.
Mean, thats an understatement. I was 3 or 4 car links away talking to Ryan and my son when Aaron fired your car off and It ended our conversation. No need in trying to talk over that. Aaron told me he was suppose to meet up with you about 20 mins from where Im at but I thought he said Sunday morning.

Last edited by Baddbird; 06-09-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
Arch-City

Quote:
Mean, thats an understatement. I was 3 or 4 car links away talking to Ryan and my son when Aaron fired your car off and It ended our conversation. No need in trying to talk over that. Aaron told me he was suppose to meet up with you about 20 mins from where Im at but I thought he said Sunday morning.
Holy Hell, that's is loud. Sound great though. Yeah, I never heard those mufflers in person but I figured based on reviews and price I would give them a shot. Sound like my neighbors are going to love me even more now. Thanks for posting.

I was meeting Aaron on Sunday, but his wife had a change in her schedule so we moved it up a day.

Hope you enjoy your new set-up. BTW, are you going to Fest this year?
Old 06-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #10
Baddbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-City View Post
Holy Hell, that's is loud. Sound great though. Yeah, I never heard those mufflers in person but I figured based on reviews and price I would give them a shot. Sound like my neighbors are going to love me even more now. Thanks for posting.

I was meeting Aaron on Sunday, but his wife had a change in her schedule so we moved it up a day.

Hope you enjoy your new set-up. BTW, are you going to Fest this year?
Yeah I'm going down to meet up with Aaron and the crew he wants to get this car on the track with some sticky tires. I'm trying to come up with a drag pack setup for my car so we dont have to swap from another car. I didnt even make it an hour out from GPI last night before a modded 6th gen chased us down thru traffic out on the highway. I'm not sure what kind of mods he had besides exhuast because he didnt hang around to talk after my conveter hit and i drug his ass like he threw out the anchor. Needless to say I do enjoy this setup
Old 06-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #11
Baddbird

Well did you get your car back to Mo?
Old 06-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #12
Arch-City

Quote:
Well did you get your car back to Mo?
Yes, my car is back and man you are right it is NASTY as Hell !! It is definitely a conversation end'r when you start her up now. I live not to far off a state highway, and my wife heard me yesterday from the highway and opened the garage knowing it was me.

Car is awesome now, I really liked it before but its unreal now with the torque gains and the power band just seems unlimited now. 0 - 100 seems to take no time now.

Now it's time to start working on the interior and redoing the vinyl on the exterior. This will probably wait until fall though, and I might change up the design. All the black vinyl on the front end get rock chips really bad and and the white shows thru and drives me nuts.

Be looking you at Fest, I look forward to seeing your ride. I don't stay at the Host hotels, I stay on the College Campus, it has covered parking. I do come over every night for the Party though.